Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fenns
Mar 18, 2015

[INSERT TEXT HERE]

Mico posted:

Oh who's your new guest they sound pretty cool

Yeah they're pretty cool. I heard they've done a Cooking Mama thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I feel like Ratchet and Clank 2016 is the only thing I've played recently that has something close to cheat codes lately

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

God this game is dumb.

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.
I have to say, bottling up the energy, thats trys to break up the planet is Pretty counterintuitive. shouldnt that stuff be let out?

also, is the next video already where the special thing happens?

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams

Kasrkin posted:

I have to say, bottling up the energy, thats trys to break up the planet is Pretty counterintuitive. shouldnt that stuff be let out?

I don't think they're bottling it up precisely, I think the spellstones act more like a heatsink and absorb the excess energy?

Or maybe I just want this game to make at least a little bit of sense.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Prythian posted:

I don't think they're bottling it up precisely, I think the spellstones act more like a heatsink and absorb the excess energy?

Or maybe I just want this game to make at least a little bit of sense.

The energy is bad when it doesn't flow correctly, like a hose not fully screwed onto a faucet. All we're doing here is setting things up properly so it stops breaking the planet and things go back to normal.

One of the few examples of the status quo actually being good.

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.

RareAcumen posted:

The energy is bad when it doesn't flow correctly, like a hose not fully screwed onto a faucet. All we're doing here is setting things up properly so it stops breaking the planet and things go back to normal.

One of the few examples of the status quo actually being good.

okay, that actually makes sense.

but they could at least make them fit properly

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Kasrkin posted:

whoa, don't get crazy now

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kasrkin posted:

okay, that actually makes sense.

Either the planet will heal on its own once we've repaired the energy flow or we'll shoot some asteroids into the cracks on our way off planet.

Fenns
Mar 18, 2015

[INSERT TEXT HERE]

Samovar posted:

God this game is dumb.

And we only just finished the first spellstone.

Kasrkin posted:

No, but the one after is!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i like how the fact that you get another block of health after each boss you beat is so superfluous you literally didn't even need to mention it. star fox adventures is a video game

Fenns
Mar 18, 2015

[INSERT TEXT HERE]
Now that's we've returned the first Spellstone to the Volcano Force Point Temple it's time to head back to Thorntail Hollow and figure out what to do next. That is as long as we don't get sidetracked on the way back by a big talking Krazoa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=honCXAub4U0

There won't be a video next week since life has been busy as we haven't had time to record.

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.

Fenns posted:

No, but the one after is!

aww, too bad, but the wait will be so worth it.

Fenns
Mar 18, 2015

[INSERT TEXT HERE]
Hello everyone it's time for a fox to see a krystal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3tDEnfM5Iw

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Can't decide whether Fox/Krystal's incredibly horny sax solo or Tricky does a racism is the highlight of the video

But that was a fantastic last shot.

Mathwyn
Oct 31, 2012

Ante up.

Good lord that saxophone

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

In case anyone doubts: none of that scene was added in post.

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.
goood lord. that scene was even worse then i remembered. the reactions were absolutely priceless though.

Edit:
I also have forgotten just. how. much. of this game is nothing but backtracking

Kasrkin fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Aug 29, 2022

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Peppy interrupting the sax solo, only for it to start again after he stopped talking was amusing.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Aug 29, 2022

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay, so is the audio super desynced for anyone else besides me? Nobody else has brought it up so I have no idea what's going on.

edit: Wait, it's only the first 3 minutes, it seems to have fixed itself as the video continues?

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Aug 29, 2022

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
oh thank god you got that magic upgrade. it is the most minor thing but it was actually bothering the poo poo out of me because it's right there and refilling magic across the entire game is such annoying busywork.

i seem to recall you can also use the ice blast on enemies and then just instantly kill them for a way to make BAD GUYS invalid, but what else is new in star fox adventures

Fenns
Mar 18, 2015

[INSERT TEXT HERE]

Kinu Nishimura posted:

oh thank god you got that magic upgrade. it is the most minor thing but it was actually bothering the poo poo out of me because it's right there and refilling magic across the entire game is such annoying busywork.

i seem to recall you can also use the ice blast on enemies and then just instantly kill them for a way to make BAD GUYS invalid, but what else is new in star fox adventures

Yeah refilling magic is the worst and that magic upgrade is so easy to miss. Even when I know it's there I never realize I've forgotten it until I'm already in Moon Mountain Pass.

I don't think I've ever used Ice Blast on a sharpclaw before. I'll have to try that out.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
Fresh off a recording session this weekend and I gotta say General Scales doesn't seem too bright.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I hope my frosty tip was useful, or at least amusing

Fenns
Mar 18, 2015

[INSERT TEXT HERE]
Time to go to CloudRunner Fortress without Tricky. We're also getting a new magic power made by Slippy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8cFuek8QFA

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
To be fair regarding the whole "two games where he could kick rear end without the staff" thing, I'm pretty sure his Smash Bros moveset isn't canon aside from obvious stuff like "has a gun". And he wasn't allowed to bring that here.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Toad's not a mushroom, he's a toadstool!

Fenns
Mar 18, 2015

[INSERT TEXT HERE]

Kinu Nishimura posted:

I hope my frosty tip was useful, or at least amusing

I freeze a Sharpclaw in the next part.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Whoa... based

Fenns
Mar 18, 2015

[INSERT TEXT HERE]
Time to finish up Cloudrunner Fortress by saving the Queen's children and confronting General Scales again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1gYcvRWLAg

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I thought it was a funny error when Tricky got out of the Arwing at the end despite not having been in the temple at all, but I forgot his racist rear end just got in the trunk for the ride anyway.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
wow that actually is way shittier than i remember from my primal childhood memories. the ice i mean, i actually do not remember the content of this dungeon whatsoever aside from the bike race.

man you know honestly this both feels like bafflingly early in the game and like the game can't honestly be going on much longer even though i know there's like half the loving game left. it's so devoid of actual events. nothing, like... happens in this game.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Kinu Nishimura posted:

wow that actually is way shittier than i remember from my primal childhood memories. the ice i mean, i actually do not remember the content of this dungeon whatsoever aside from the bike race.

man you know honestly this both feels like bafflingly early in the game and like the game can't honestly be going on much longer even though i know there's like half the loving game left. it's so devoid of actual events. nothing, like... happens in this game.

The first half of the game is much more memorable than the second half. There is A Reason for this.

Fenns
Mar 18, 2015

[INSERT TEXT HERE]

Kinu Nishimura posted:

I think the Ice Blast works better if you do it from first-person instead of using it while locked on to an enemy.
Even though Cloudrunner Fortress is a pretty underwhelming "dungeon" it's kind of relaxing. Like the calm before the storm that is the rest of the game.

Tree Reformat posted:

The first half of the game is much more memorable than the second half. There is A Reason for this.

Yup, it's all downhill from here!

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

all the talk about "these guys must have been given a description of a zelda game but not allowed to play one" and then "anyway next time the water temple" causes me great terror.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FeyerbrandX posted:

all the talk about "these guys must have been given a description of a zelda game but not allowed to play one" and then "anyway next time the water temple" causes me great terror.

Who knows, maybe the description they got was just "there should be a water temple" instead of "there will be a water temple. Maybe people didn't like the last one but there will be a water temple. And it won't just involve water, you will be underwater a significant portion." which is what I feel like Aonuma must put in internal memos among the Zelda team.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Sep 20, 2022

Fenns
Mar 18, 2015

[INSERT TEXT HERE]
Guess what game has it's 20th anniversary today? That's right it's this one.

Happy 20th anniversary Star Fox Adventures!

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
Good news, in the near future my audio will sound a lot less like I'm trapped in a metal closet.

I am still recording in a small room, but it's not going to sound like it as much.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Fenns posted:

Yup, it's all downhill from here!

Oh no

OH NO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenns
Mar 18, 2015

[INSERT TEXT HERE]