Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
That first guy's voice was too hilarious. Best part of the game? Possibly.

Also you said "it's just someone's loving fursona" like that's not this whole series. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenns
Mar 18, 2015

[INSERT TEXT HERE]

Bruceski posted:

The rail shooter for the towers took me something like 50 tries. I honestly can't remember if that's where I gave up.

No one would blame you for quitting on Dragon Rock.

I was lowkey dreading having to record it because the 2nd barrel challenge can be pretty awful and all the mashing was making me sore during practice, but it went alright lmao.
But the worst is over and now it's all downhill from here.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Fenns posted:

now it's all downhill from here.

In every sense of the word.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Fenns posted:

No one would blame you for quitting on Dragon Rock.

I was lowkey dreading having to record it because the 2nd barrel challenge can be pretty awful and all the mashing was making me sore during practice, but it went alright lmao.
But the worst is over and now it's all downhill from here.

That implies there was ever an uphill.

e:

Lynx Winters posted:

There was the time she did the air swimming glitch, that was fun.

okay yeah

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Feb 6, 2023

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
There was the time she did the air swimming glitch, that was fun.

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.
It will never not surprise me, to remember how obnoxious this game is.
i played through it several times, but i blocked so much of this tedium from my mind, the backtracking alone is ridiculous. but dragon rock is the one thing i never forgot, and made me so happy, to have von of these third party controllers, with a Turbo button.

Fenns
Mar 18, 2015

[INSERT TEXT HERE]
We have the final Spellstone now we can finally put this planet back together and get paid! I'm sure nothing will happen to extend this game mission for another hour or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0etX7LGiYU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Slippy Gets Ghosted

Fenns
Mar 18, 2015

[INSERT TEXT HERE]
The final Krazoa test is basically a short memory quiz about the game, so let's see if Lynx and Mico can remember even a single thing about the past 9 hours of Star Fox Adventures.

Oh and we say goodbye to Tricky in this one. Goodbye Tricky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY6t5vv2h9s

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
I want you to understand most of what I learn in these videos vanishes immediately from my brain as soon as we end the discord call

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Mico posted:

I want you to understand most of what I learn in these videos vanishes immediately from my brain as soon as we end the discord call

i wouldn't expect anything else

megane
Jun 20, 2008

That's your mind protecting itself.

DapperDuck
Apr 3, 2008

Fashionable people,
you're out of luck.
The most dapper one here,
is Dapper the Duck.
Point of no return?! Surely we can still see the glory that is the Maze Room and the Scarab game!?

Fenns
Mar 18, 2015

[INSERT TEXT HERE]

DapperDuck posted:

Point of no return?! Surely we can still see the glory that is the Maze Room and the Scarab game!?

Oh of course we can. There will be an extra video at the end that shows the cheat tokens and maze and such.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised there was bad mouthing of Gen 4 Pokemon, I mean I personally never played it but it seems like that's the one I see get the most praise online. I guess it's just a generation of nostalgia goggles.

Mico posted:

I'm consistently amazed at how much I forgot. I knew I beat this game but every time I watch a new video in this LP and see the bullshit it flings at you I'm like "but how did I beat this game and not quit?"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TwoPair posted:

I'm surprised there was bad mouthing of Gen 4 Pokemon, I mean I personally never played it but it seems like that's the one I see get the most praise online. I guess it's just a generation of nostalgia goggles.

It has some problems, like the only two fire types you can get being the starter or Ponyta and also deciding to have a fire type elite four member despite that. My favorite fire type team: Rapidash, Infernape, Steelix, Lopunny, and Drifblim.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

It has some problems, like the only two fire types you can get being the starter or Ponyta and also deciding to have a fire type elite four member despite that. My favorite fire type team: Rapidash, Infernape, Steelix, Lopunny, and Drifblim.

Someday Flareon will be good for more than just cuddles...

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
The Fire type Elite 4 thing is just especially confusing to me, considering that they had to make up the teams. You'd think they realized the problem by that point, but they just blithely went ahead with it anyways...

Fenns
Mar 18, 2015

[INSERT TEXT HERE]
It's time for the end of Star Fox Adventures. We'll have one more video with all the extra stuff after this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7W53yBzRFw

Thank you all for watching about 10 to 11 hours of this sometimes baffling game.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
I was really hoping you would leave in the radio signals your microphone was picking up, they were SO funny

megane
Jun 20, 2008

How is this game real

The saxophone riff

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

"God as my witness I thought foxes could bounce."

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
and then fox and krystal canonically have two separate messy breakups by the end of the series

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

megane posted:

How is this game real

The saxophone riff

That saxophone is the best character in the game easy

DapperDuck
Apr 3, 2008

Fashionable people,
you're out of luck.
The most dapper one here,
is Dapper the Duck.
This is the best horrible game.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
Congrats to everyone for surviving this thing. Here are my final thoughts on this game, as someone who doesn't really play collectathons or Zeldas:

Game too empty, there's just a shitload of real estate that serves no purpose. The long twisting hallways aren't interesting to look at and have nothing to the player's skill. Occasionally there's an enemy, but enemies aren't worth fighting because they're also boring as sin.

Very lazy puzzles. I'm not expecting a full-on La-Mulana out of a game for children but nearly every puzzle in this game boiled down to shove block, step on thing, or shoot target. Sometimes you get a timer, which adds tension I guess, but mostly because you have to keep doing to the puzzle. Come on, Rare, throw us a riddle or something. The final puzzle was "which item goes with which place" and the only reason that would be hard for me is that I can't remember anything about any place in this game.

There's no likeable NPCs. The closest things to likeable are the shrek golem, because he's very out-of-place, and Tricky, who might be likeable if you're around the age of 10. Everyone else is either completely unremarkable or actively makes the experience worse. The way the game treats all your chores as trial to prove your greatness works against it, because it just seems like nobody actually wants the planet to be saved.

I have talked to people recently that still have nostalgia for this game, and the only reason I can imagine for it is that they played it as a child before they knew games could be bad, and they haven't looked at it since. I can imagine tolerating this game, I can think of reasons why someone might speedrun this game, but I cannot think of a single reason anyone would play this game now and actively enjoy it.

I had a lot of fun witnessing this software, thank you Fenns and Mico, and thank you to all the folks who watched this for as long as you could stand. You all did your best and I'm proud of you.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
I bought this game when it came out because there was no GameCube Zelda yet. I've played through it and beaten it, watched a few LPs over it over the years, and the only things I tend to remember are the opening, the endless item get animations and the overal genericness of the game, especially in terms of combat. It's like it's trying its best to be dull and boring and forgettable, while it shouldn't be.

fatsleepycat
Oct 2, 2021
I also bought this at launch and the only things that made any real impression were the last encounter with General Scales and the terrible out-of-nowhere final boss fight. Fenns wasn't kidding in the video; that fight is awful and it took me quite a few tries.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I'm really baffled by things that are less than the sum of its parts, like this game. I can only guess that happens when people don't care about the thing they're making, and that might be what happened here after Star Fox got slapped into it, I don't know.

Also just how long was Krystal was in the game, outside of her crystal, after the opening section? I'd be surprised if it was more than 1 minute.

Also also i thought the evil voice in the general scales "boss fight" was actually the warp stone golem for a minute there

Fenns
Mar 18, 2015

[INSERT TEXT HERE]
Now that we've finished the game let's go look back at all the things I intentionally ignored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq2ueBJICwo

And with that this Star Fox Adventures LP is officially completely over.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.

Fenns posted:

And with that this Star Fox Adventures LP is officially completely over.

"And there was much rejoicing." - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I remember doing the ball throwing with Tricky for a long time thinking "Maybe he'll level up or something?" but on the second color change I was like oh no this is just stupid.

Anyway, bravo, brave warriors