Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I always wondered why everyone was so mad at this game, because on paper it doesn't sound too bad, but it's worse than I thought. Also Fox's item pickup animation is so annoying to me for reasons I can't articulate. Like they saw Link's pickup animation and challenged themselves to make a wrong version of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Because he does it for everything while link gets a short one for random items and a proper one with the whole fanfare for actually important things, and even then its unobtrusive.

Also fox does it when receiving things from npcs so i just assume he immeditaely drops it so he can do the goofy pick up dance

While it does a play a lot more than it should, I meant more about the animation itself:

TwoPair posted:

For me imo it's that he looks like he's raising the thing up and also kind of fist pumping?... and it all seems so slow.

Yeah, it's slow and he kinda wiggles his body in a way that doesn't quite fits his character, I don't know how else to describe. Doesn't help that Krystal shares the same animation as well, and while I want to say that it fits her character better, all we know about her, besides her tragic backstory and "lost her staff", is that she is encased in a crystal.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

was that an attempt at doing the T2 thumbs up in the lava in the boss death animation

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Fenns posted:

No one would blame you for quitting on Dragon Rock.

I was lowkey dreading having to record it because the 2nd barrel challenge can be pretty awful and all the mashing was making me sore during practice, but it went alright lmao.
But the worst is over and now it's all downhill from here.

That implies there was ever an uphill.

e:

Lynx Winters posted:

There was the time she did the air swimming glitch, that was fun.

okay yeah

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Feb 6, 2023

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Mico posted:

I want you to understand most of what I learn in these videos vanishes immediately from my brain as soon as we end the discord call

i wouldn't expect anything else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I'm really baffled by things that are less than the sum of its parts, like this game. I can only guess that happens when people don't care about the thing they're making, and that might be what happened here after Star Fox got slapped into it, I don't know.

Also just how long was Krystal was in the game, outside of her crystal, after the opening section? I'd be surprised if it was more than 1 minute.

Also also i thought the evil voice in the general scales "boss fight" was actually the warp stone golem for a minute there