Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

So where is the best place to gloat about the sick rear end draft I'm about to have? Here or should we start a league discord server?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
So everyone is coming tonight and no bots, right?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

I've got a work happy hour before but I should be back before the draft starts. (I'll be on mobile if necessary)

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Silly Burrito posted:

The bots last year did pretty good!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I will be there, but it’s stupid o’clock in the morning for me, so we’ll see how we go

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
This draft starts in 1 hour and 40 minutes and hopefully my loving work bullshit mercifully ceases by that point! 😒

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

How do I report an issue with the league? This is clearly not right.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
A Dolphins team winning preseason? Shocking

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I have eight players with a week 14 bye.

Sounds like a problem for future me.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

You’ll be well out of the playoff picture by then so problem even for your future self.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

jabro posted:

You’ll be well out of the playoff picture by then so problem even for your future self.

I didn’t draft CMC this year so there’s a chance.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

jabro posted:

What do you think of your final lineup by the way? IIRC you logged off with 7/14 on your roster.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

fennesz posted:

What do you think of your final lineup by the way? IIRC you logged off with 7/14 on your roster.

Better than I expected to be. I knew I’d have a backup QB and it not being Baker is a win. The RBs it drafted aren’t complete poo poo and it even drafted a handcuff for Swift. The dart throws I would have taken are still there so a couple WW pickups and I’m very happy with what I have.

Whoever got Mooney for what I think was $8 won the draft just on that pick. Crazy value.

Silly Burrito posted:

I didn’t draft CMC this year so there’s a chance.

The downfall of my team from the 20 team league last season.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

jabro posted:

Whoever got Mooney for what I think was $8 won the draft just on that pick. Crazy value.

I can't remember exactly what my budget looked like at that point, but I definitely recall being disappointed I didn't push Mooney to at least $10.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I have seen the state of Fields and the bears o line. I feel there is a ceiling for Mooney

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Oh he definitely has a ceiling I feel but his floor is well over $8.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I was saving the Mooney-money for Gabriel Davis, but I miscalculated and lost Davis by $1. Then there was no one else left who could outbid me for Mooney after that.

I am not a Fields believer, but a talented WR1 for $8 is cool, regardless of how poo poo the Bears will be.

Also, someone posted an odd comment on Yahoo about payouts? The payouts are listed in the OP.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Yeah the reports from camp are that Mooney is hoovering every Fields misthrow. Too bad all that talent will be wasted in purgatory.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

coronaball posted:

I was saving the Mooney-money for Gabriel Davis, but I miscalculated and lost Davis by $1. Then there was no one else left who could outbid me for Mooney after that.

Yeah, you outbid me for Davis for a buck anyway. :colbert:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I am annoyed with myself, I feel I messed up acquiring cheapo receivers at the end. I like renfrow, but I had shots at Moore, Mooney and Thielen and didn't take any of them

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
I can’t believe I paid twelve bucks for Dameon Pierce. I’m not really sure what that scenario looks like for him, honestly. I got him at 2.12 in a SF dynasty rookie draft, and it seems like he’s trending way above that now. I get the hype, but still seems like a huge gamble.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I'll take that mint condition Future Hall of Famer Dameon Pierce off of your hands.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Good luck this season, y'all! :clint:

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo. I didn’t even notice Godwin was dropped.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I am regretting dropping him now that Renfrow has finally gone on IR. But surprised that I guy I got for a dollar has provoked such a reaction

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
I mean.. he’s not out for the whole season. My reaction was more annoyance at myself for not paying attention than anything else.

Kudos to freeman. Great pickup there.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

generic one posted:

Yeah I was hoping I’d get him for $20. Oops.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

My $17 bid wasn't even in the ballpark! 😀

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Oh yeah, I'm not mad, just surprised

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a baller
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
To be fair, he went pretty near the end when managers had mostly spent all their cash. $4 was a steal.

Edit: I think a lotta people just kinda forgot about him, myself included. So, it was a nice catch to begin with. :)

generic one fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Sep 24, 2022

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

generic one posted:

Godwin was dropped? :dafuq:

Man Yahoo's interface is dogshit. Watching basic poo poo like who was dropped to waivers is just a chore.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

fennesz posted:

Godwin was dropped? :dafuq:

Man Yahoo's interface is dogshit. Watching basic poo poo like who was dropped to waivers is just a chore.

I only noticed him when I went to try and pickup Zamir White.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

How is everyone feeling about their drafts now that we're a few weeks in? Anything you'd change?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Still annoyed that I screwed up the end and got the wrong cheapo receivers, but very happy apart from that

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

fennesz posted:

How is everyone feeling about their drafts now that we're a few weeks in? Anything you'd change?

I picked the wrong RBs :(

Happy with the SUN GOD pick though

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I feel real dumb I got no ARSB, JRob or CPatt but overall I'd say I'm happy.

I also feel dumb for not going with my gut regarding the Miami backfield. I was feeling Mostert would be the guy to own because, well, it's Mostert and the guy is phenomenal when healthy. But bought in really hard to the offseason EDMONDS SZN narrative I guess.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
As a mostert owner in another league, he's played well but no touchdowns means few fantasy points.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
When doing Studs and Duds, it is important to pick the right studs, otherwise the strategy is moot.

Much like the playoff chances of my 0-4 team.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

tarbrush posted:

As a mostert owner in another league, he's played well but no touchdowns means few fantasy points.

He's clearly on the upswing though. Look at the snap % and touches for Edmonds and Mostert. Mostert was also in on obvious passing downs which makes him preferable in PPR formats over Edmonds. Add that to the few struggles in the RZ that Edmonds has had and it's not hard for me to imagine that Mostert is the guy going forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I put a bid on Broncos defense and noticed it wouldn't complete until tomorrow. Is the waiver wait time for dropped players 3 days by default?