Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fennesz posted:

I put a bid on Broncos defense and noticed it wouldn't complete until tomorrow. Is the waiver wait time for dropped players 3 days by default?

They were dropped on Wednesday, should be available tomorrow normally (except they already played).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Maybe that's something to adjust for next year, to reduce the waiver from 2 days to 1. As-is, its it impossible to add a player for a Thursday game if they were dropped when waivers process. Makes it harder to pick up players just for the sake of blocking others too.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

coronaball posted:

Maybe that's something to adjust for next year, to reduce the waiver from 2 days to 1. As-is, its it impossible to add a player for a Thursday game if they were dropped when waivers process. Makes it harder to pick up players just for the sake of blocking others too.

Next year, insta-waivers, keep everyone on their toes.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

That’s part of why I dropped them. I knew they couldn’t be used this week.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Got it. I double checked with the defense I dropped yesterday, October 6th, they weren't able to be added back on waivers until October 9th. 3 days is just by far the longest I've ever seen as a waiver period for dropped players. Wasn't sure it was a default yahoo setting or not.

Honestly I'm surprised more of you don't churn through FA just to block an opponent who lost a key guy to injury late in the week.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

fennesz posted:

Got it. I double checked with the defense I dropped yesterday, October 6th, they weren't able to be added back on waivers until October 9th. 3 days is just by far the longest I've ever seen as a waiver period for dropped players. Wasn't sure it was a default yahoo setting or not.

Honestly I'm surprised more of you don't churn through FA just to block an opponent who lost a key guy to injury late in the week.

It's technically 2 days after the day that they were dropped. If you drop a guy at 12:30 AM on 10/6, then 10/7 and 10/8 pass, and then the guy is available at 12:01 AM on 10/9. As far as I know, that's the standard setting. But it is too long, I'll probably drop that down to 1 day next year.

And you can't just add/drop guys just to make them go to waivers, they have to stay on your roster for 24 hours I think. If you add someone and drop him 5 minutes later, he just goes back to being an FA.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

fennesz posted:

I'll be honest, I can't be arsed

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fennesz posted:

I did that one Super Bowl, dropping all my bench and picking up every other possible player.

Worked out, but I didn’t need to. :shrug:

During the season? Nah. Too many possible replacements to hurt my team by making it weaker on purpose.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

fennesz posted:

I always looked at that as a dick move so I've never done it. (That's not judgement - I get the strategy.)

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

coronaball posted:

It's technically 2 days after the day that they were dropped. If you drop a guy at 12:30 AM on 10/6, then 10/7 and 10/8 pass, and then the guy is available at 12:01 AM on 10/9. As far as I know, that's the standard setting. But it is too long, I'll probably drop that down to 1 day next year.

Either way I think it's fine. This is the only yahoo league I've ever done and was not sure if it was yahoo default or not. I think you're right on the timing thing though. The only time I checked it I was just surprised the duration was 6th to the 9th.

coronaball posted:

And you can't just add/drop guys just to make them go to waivers, they have to stay on your roster for 24 hours I think. If you add someone and drop him 5 minutes later, he just goes back to being an FA.

Also makes sense. I actually really like the FA all the time, but that's probably because I'm a degenerate who reads FF news on twitter, like...a lot.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I would like to personally thank Pitts for sitting this week out.

Love you Taysom.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
A two game winning streak to bring me to 2-4 and the highest score last week?

Life is sweet.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

No Hurts, no Diggs, no AJB. No problem :c00lbert:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
For those of you headed to the playoffs, make me an offer on Jamarr Chase if you feel like stashing him away.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

:smugdog:

I'm sorry but after missing the median scoring in one of my leagues by less than 1 point TWICE...this feels pretty good.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost
Just, you know, mind the flowers while you’re dancing on my team’s grave. They’re from my mom, said it was the bestest team in the whole wide world.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I always feel dumb when I don't make the playoffs in the league where I'm commissioner, so I'm sure glad DeAndre Hopkins had that fumble last night and saved my rear end!

I've locked all the non-playoff teams from add/drops. Thanks for participating! :D

Tiny Boop Squig Shorterly has finished with the most points and won $36. I'm not even sure who that is, so please post here and let me know how to give you money.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

coronaball posted:

I always feel dumb when I don't make the playoffs in the league where I'm commissioner, so I'm sure glad DeAndre Hopkins had that fumble last night and saved my rear end!

Knocked me out of a first round bye! :argh:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
At least I ended my season at .500 after my horrific start and won five of my last six. Next year I’m getting championship #4.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I can't believe I have so far gotten away with all of my foolish gambles.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Now Kittle decides he’s a receiving tight end.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

coronaball posted:

I've locked all the non-playoff teams from add/drops. Thanks for participating! :D

Tiny Boop Squig Shorterly has finished with the most points and won $36. I'm not even sure who that is, so please post here and let me know how to give you money.

:woop: That's me! (I'll DM you)

I actually totally forgot about this sub contest because I've been so laser focused on playoffs in my leagues.

jabro posted:

Now Kittle decides he’s a receiving tight end.

Facing Kittle and Fant in a TEP league right now. Cool, cool, cool.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Almost forgot to lock myself and Dango Bango. Will do that now.

Thanks for the 6 points, Herbert! 🙄

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Derrick Henry ILU

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

What a semifinal for Hotbox.

Lmao my kicker outscored D Henry.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Worthleast posted:

Got lucky I dropped to 2 seed for this week or I would have lost. I guess I'll take a little bit of luck back after getting shafted by Hurts' injury in every single league I'm still alive in (7).

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum

Worthleast posted:

I'm amazed I made it as far as I did. My team has been Josh Allen for 1/2 the year.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Me v Full Chubb.

May the best goon win!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

GL to those in the championship, and semifinal losers don't forget that there is a 3rd place prize!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Well, it looks like my luck held for *almost* a whole season

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I know it doesn't seem very important anymore, but I did want to do a quick check-in: my plan is to see how Yahoo treats this and see how the league deals with the schedule, and then we'll have a more informed conversation at that point. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome, but I don't know how useful they'd be with things still in flux at this point.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
As far as I'm concerned, Squig is so far ahead of me he's basically won already. If they set a date to replay the game, great, but otherwise he's the champ.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The NFL is going to see how the Bills, Bengals, and Chiefs games play out this weekend before deciding on rescheduling the game. There are a couple scenarios that will make the game irrelevant. Improbable they will happen but the chance is still there.

Edit: Also, the most likely scenario for a makeup is wildcard weekend and the Bills or Bengals will be hosting a playoff game that weekend to make this even worse of a scheduling nightmare.

They could push all playoff games back a week and don’t have the the weekend off between conference championship week and the Super Bowl.

jabro fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jan 3, 2023

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

tarbrush posted:

As far as I'm concerned, Squig is so far ahead of me he's basically won already. If they set a date to replay the game, great, but otherwise he's the champ.

I'm Squig.

I'm good with this but only if you still are once we see how the NFL handles the situation. Another idea I saw proposed on twitter was counting scores for how Diggs, Knox, McPhearson and Singletary in week 18. But that involves a lot more work for the commish and there is no guarantee guys will even be playing a full game.

It's a lovely situation and I'm open to whatever. Fantasy football is supposed to be fun and if you feel cheated or unsatisfied we'll figure something different out.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum
I'd be unlikely to win the 3rd place game even if it played out, but I'm not worried about it.

Go hug someone you love.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Based on the various reports,it seems pretty clear that the game won't be completed or rescheduled. Here are my suggestions:

3rd place: 50/50 chop, $18 bucks apiece. You can maybe argue that Taunting Penalty was a small fave before the game began, but I don't think a significant one.

1st place: This is a little harder because Full Chubb still had 3 players to go, but if I recall correctly this was like a 85/15 matchup before the game began and Squig had such a big lead and Diggs still. And since 2nd place is 20%...I don't see how a split above that is logical. So I think we should act as if Squig won. (As he likely would've)

It just seems too far-fetched to do something like count Week 18 scores or something. Maybe you could do that for 1 player, but with 4, it seems like too much variance.

Judging from everyone's posts so far I think you will all be cool with this, but if you have any concerns let me know.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

I’m cool with splitting the 3rd place prize 50/50.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Yep, Squig won fair and square, I needed a miracle.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

tarbrush posted:

Yep, Squig won fair and square, I needed a miracle.

Good with me.

I still wish we could have gotten that game though. I was facing Diggs and needed him under 10 to win in another league. Felt like I would have won 1 either way - just sucks the way w17 ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Sent fennesz the 1st place money and Worthleast 1/2 of the 3rd place money.

dalstrs and tarbrush: I can't seem to find your payment info. Please post or PM me your paypal or Venmo.