Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

What was wild was the democratic party rejecting the healthcare guy right when a pandemic hit, I remember arguing with some lib on twitter and eventually I got him down to "okay, universal healthcare would be a good thing, but a global pandemic isn't the time for it." Which is a fascinating way of thinking. When there are no humans left to get sick, then we can have universal healthcare.

Crisis isn't the time for doing bold and transformative things! It's the time for flailing around and doing half measures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Telluric Whistler posted:

Crisis isn't the time for doing bold and transformative things! It's the time for flailing around and doing half measures

but also non crisis is the time for half measures and flailing around as well

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 94 days!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they're both pieces of poo poo

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

LF I hardly knew her

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Clowner posted:

LF turned libs into lefties, C-spam crack pings you. Land of contrasts etc etc

embarassing

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

the one constant across the forums

sheltered
Apr 1, 2023

by vyelkin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43_wqJRjpzU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gay fail

impossiblyPoor
Apr 2, 2023

by Fritz the Horse
i mean we're talkin like a demon 4 year old child versus a chill 25 year old ph.d stoner that gets laid daily

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Radirot posted:

LF was way more moderate from what i remember way back in 2009 i think.

The most radical thing besides MTW that LF supported was proto-BLM stuff like prison abolition. wasn't there a big long thread on how awful prison conditions were in the USA, eye opening stuff

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Not So Fast posted:

The most radical thing besides MTW that LF supported was proto-BLM stuff like prison abolition. wasn't there a big long thread on how awful prison conditions were in the USA, eye opening stuff

iunno if that's sarcastic but it was probably the single-most radicalizing thread in the entire history of the forums

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

that was a very good thread

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

The world has gotten a lot worse since 2008.

Obamarama threads ending did irreparable damage to a national campaign!

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

LF had regular pancakes-on-head painted portraits of politicos posts, therefore LF was better. :colbert:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Orbis Tertius posted:

LF had regular pancakes-on-head painted portraits of politicos posts, therefore LF was better. :colbert:

if you didn't keep up with him in the last decade, dan lacey ran for congress in minnesota then gave up the pancake gimmick to run the Prince memorial in minneapolis full-time, devoting like 90% of his output to prince portraits. he died of brain cancer a year or two ago

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

i say swears online posted:

if you didn't keep up with him in the last decade, dan lacey ran for congress in minnesota then gave up the pancake gimmick to run the Prince memorial in minneapolis full-time, devoting like 90% of his output to prince portraits. he died of brain cancer a year or two ago

I had no idea about the prince thing, that owns.

rip

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm not sure he articulated himself well enough about the shift in faithmouse when he posted here, or if i just can't remember. was definitely one of the most interesting people out there

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

i remember that. rip dan. its so strange to think about all the goons (even just LF goons) that are dead now.

there's something very offputting and unnerving about death in a digital footprint age that's fundamentally different than authors/artists/etc of yore.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

RadiRoot posted:

They pioneered unironic troop hatred on the forums. All "i support the troops not the mission" was purged.

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

iunno if that's sarcastic but it was probably the single-most radicalizing thread in the entire history of the forums

I remember watching that "biggest street gang in america" doc about cops arresting people for trying to lodge complaints against them. I still show people that and get big reactions.

Also the aid flotilla to Gaza, I donated to that and then watched the IDF murder people on live video. That was also very radicalizing.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

LF effortposts were great. Maggotmaster/noted sex pest dead ken spamming every thread they didn't like with 20,000 pixels of anime was not. Also whenever the 5 active fyad posters got tired of calling each other the n word and were given carte blanch by docevil to poo poo up lf.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 19 minutes!

Zerg Mans posted:

LF effortposts were great. Maggotmaster/noted sex pest dead ken spamming every thread they didn't like with 20,000 pixels of anime was not. Also whenever the 5 active fyad posters got tired of calling each other the n word and were given carte blanch by docevil to poo poo up lf.

im trying to make "fyve guys" happen

2nd71723
Jul 18, 2023

impossiblyPoor posted:

i mean we're talkin like a demon 4 year old child versus a chill 25 year old ph.d stoner that gets laid daily

The Slowest Daemon™

2nd71723
Jul 18, 2023

Orbis Tertius posted:

LF had some Wanderers over the course of its existence

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Orbis Tertius posted:

I should really try to find the very small pancake-on-head painting that dan lacey did of my old overmind avatar

rip dan lacey, you were a weird dude

zetamind2000 has issued a correction as of 03:48 on Jul 18, 2023

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Clowner posted:

LF turned libs into lefties, C-spam crack pings you. Land of contrasts etc etc

D&D turned lolbertarians into libs. The circle of life.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

pillowpants, update the spreadsheet, we just got another $200!

they raised $250,000 for obama & didn't even get dinner (or a thank you)

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Remember when obama's first inaugural committee sent out what looked like engraved invitations to the ceremonies & it was actually a money ask? lol.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Willa Rogers posted:

Remember when obama's first inaugural committee sent out what looked like engraved invitations to the ceremonies & it was actually a money ask? lol.

no

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

RadiRoot posted:

:raise:

LF's patron saint was chris dorner.

lol, lmao

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

ngl, that prince painting by lacey is p. cool.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

:raise:

LF's patron saint was chris dorner.

lol, lmao

all i remember was the time before chris dorner

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
also i never posted back then so clearly LF was way better

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

RadiRoot posted:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Bootleg Trunks posted:

whatever happened to hardcore sax
i promised not to tell

2nd72123
Jul 21, 2023
a screencap of page 1 of LF is top X classified Lmao. nothing found on wayback machine or google images.

Aug 10, 2023
a never changing page 1 of megathreads

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

why would i click on the first page of a thread i've been posting in for years, except to find klobuchar vore dot jay peg

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

RadiRoot posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

102823_3
Oct 28, 2023
someone tell me that story of that one poster who spent $1,100 on somethingawful