Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Hello Goons with Spoons. Chairman Liquid Communism here with another Iron Chef Something Awful.

"Anyone who's a chef, who loves food, ultimately knows that all that matters is:'Is it good? Does it give pleasure?''' - Anthony Bourdain

The last two years have been a time of struggle for many of us. The pandemic has shrunk our social circles, production problems have interfered with access to goods, and the political situation in many parts of the world is distressing at best. But summer is here, and in the spirit of good times, I come to you with this humble challenge: show us your favorite summer meal. Any style of cuisine, from any culture, is within your scope, so long as you can relate to us why you feel it is a summer meal for you.

Get out there and make something you love, and share it with us.

Prizes:
First place, as voted by the goons, will receive a $50 gift card, and a token of my esteem (assuming the winner is comfortable having one shipped to them.)

Second place, as voted by the goons, will receive a $25 gift card and a token of my esteem (assuming the winner is comfortable having one shipped to them.)

Third place, as voted by the goons, will receive a token of my esteem (assuming the winner is comfortable having one shipped to them.)

As always, the submission rules:

Submission Rules :
1. Post a separate thread for your entry, then post in this thread with a link.
2. Take pictures! We love to see your steps as well as your final product.
3. If possible, please include your recipe so that other Goons can try and recreate your dishes for their own consumption.
4. Does your recipe have a backstory? Tell us about it!
5. Questions? Ask in the thread or PM your Chairman.
6. The deadline for entries is Midnight Central time, 15 August 2022 (that's the end of the 14th, folks), with judging to follow.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jul 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

As folks have reached out to request it, there has been a slight change.

The deadline for this ICSA is now 12AM on the 15th of August (ie the end of the 14th).

Cook on.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Good morning all! Last day's here, post up!

I'll put the voting thread up sometime tomorrow, thanks for all the excellent entries so far!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Good timing beating the line! I'll have the voting post up shortly, thanks to all of you for the effort!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

ICSA 72 Voting Thread is up! Go feast your eyes here!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

That'll do it! Thank you all for your effort and voting!

Coming in at 3rd, the veteran Scientastic!

Second, with some serious Sausage Effort, Meaty Ore!

And finally, our Champion, Grandicap!

Champions, please reach out via PM to receive your prizes! If for some reason you don't have PMs, just reply here and I'll fix that. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Meaty Ore posted:

Man, everyone's entries were great and I saw a lot of stuff I'd like to try my hand at in the future. I was surprised I managed to pull everything together the way I did; I was feeling quite swamped right up until the first weekend of August and was grateful for the extension. Also, the prodding.

I said I'd do a follow-up post after the beer is ready, which it is, so I'll probably do a Labor Day thing with the rest of the brats, the beer, and the homemade kraut. Maybe there'll be some other, different things served as well! Who knows? :iiam:

I don't have PMs.

Should be fixed shortly!