Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Paper Lion posted:

if this is jojo then my opinion is 5>7>6>2>1>4>3>8

Okay never mind this one is worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
who remembers wired beck

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Paper Lion posted:

her ancestor is, shes just a girl with a bow and a school uniform. but inuyasha has a big cool sword and he can see a special spot to slash and when he slashes that spot a big WOOOSSHHHH wind thing happens and he owns the bad guy of the week. then hijinks happen. unless sesshomaru is around......

Well great ancestor also does the same thing as main character girl, shooting spells from her bow and arrow. And was also revived from main girl because main girl is the reincarnation of great ancestor?

But that's getting into the weeds, we are here to see Bowcerer and Sword-dog get into wacky weekly adventures to collect the super special jewel mcguffin and maybe also kiss?

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

that's a lei actually i didn't bie hinata or gara they don't look grea tin game0

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Obligatory post in the new chat thread

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Paper Lion posted:

any cool law anime? i wanna see like, better call saul, or the courtroom scenes from the wire. but an anime. dont say phoenix wright.
theres some more grounded cop/detective stuff but i think in terms of courtroom/lawyer drama the ace attorney anime are the only ones. theres probably some seinen manga about it though if youre up for reading

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Strange Quark posted:

part 2 of jojo is bad

he's friends with a nazi and that's pretty hosed up

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
There's an anime about a girl who pretends to be a telepath but is actually a secret government assassin and she doesn't actually have telepathy it came out around the same time as Amogus getting popular and its pretty good but by no means perfect. I really wish it leaned into the "mystery" way harder; where the plot is more about her gathering information and meticulous detail about her targets and the planning around how to take down powerful and dangerous super powered foes without having any powers herself.

Basically the fun part at the beginning of Fate/Zero when Kiritsugu fights Kayneth is what I really would have liked to have gotten out of it.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
the burning king

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ibblebibble posted:

There's a show with someone who's even more of a failure than Jerid? drat

It's my show

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I tried SRW T and I didn't particularly like the SRPG bits but it did make me interested in gun x sword so I'm gonna watch that. Perhaps tonight.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
bleach had two stopping points, after soul society (incredible), after aizen (fine) and just kept going. i think it has some really neat character designs and music and some huge plot problems that really make it drag the longer it goes on.

i've been plugging away at gundam in sequence and it's incredible how good it is. war in the pocket stands out, almost head and shoulders but having played a lot of like, super robot wars, it's hard not to hold reverence for the original stuff/char's counterattack. the impact of it is so immediately evident if you've been in and around anime for awhile and then watch it.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Allarion posted:

Weird, that gif works in imgur

imgur gif get treated as something super weird like 1 frame mp4s and they dont work like anywhere

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

caveat to my jojo opinion i forgot to post because it always comes up: i have never really engaged with part 4 outside of reading duwang scans as they were coming out over a decade ago. maybe i would rate the part higher than that if i had done so. i like koichi, hes a funny little guy and he does the sasquach pose. you know the one.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

6 > 4 > 7 > 3 > 2 > 5 > 1

I don't feel like I can rank Part 8 because I feel like most of it flew over my head.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Arist posted:

3 before 4? disgusting
4 owns but my love for 3 defies all reason.

This is known by the Jojo thread, just ask.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
honestly i really love season 1 of jojo, like a lot. it's basically a different genre every episode for the first six episodes and i think that owns.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

homeless snail posted:

nice. i have a fully leveled up rick sanchez, lets 'nite

i am jealous

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

4>7>6>5>3>2>1

Have not read 8, I waffle on 4 vs 7.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

is 6 the most recent one being adapted as a cartoon? thanks for answering.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

thetoughestbean posted:

Anime is good but I can’t see anything this season topping Birdie Wing

My friend likes sports anime and enjoys over the top stuff. I kept telling him he needing to watch Birdie Wing and he was all “yeah, sure I’ll do it.” With the tone of “I’m not doing that.” So I said “looks just watch the first episode with me and I’ll drop it.” He actually plays golf (casually) as well, so I knew this would hit close to home for him. Needless to say he apologized because he didn’t realize just how over the top it was and after two episodes we stopped because it’s the next anime he’s going to watch with his girlfriend.

Birdie Wing owns.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pladdicus posted:

honestly i really love season 1 of jojo, like a lot. it's basically a different genre every episode for the first six episodes and i think that owns.

part 1 is my favorite, but i also stopped after part 4's incredibly disappointing anime adaptation

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dryzen posted:

i am jealous
oh? gonna cry? while my level 100 toxic rick does the gangnam style dance?

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Arist posted:

4>7>6>5>3>2>1

when you look at our lists. they are not so different.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Paper Lion posted:

caveat to my jojo opinion i forgot to post because it always comes up: i have never really engaged with part 4 outside of reading duwang scans as they were coming out over a decade ago. maybe i would rate the part higher than that if i had done so. i like koichi, hes a funny little guy and he does the sasquach pose. you know the one.
When I first read Part 4 I hated it, but when I reread it after it got a new translation I loved it.

Duwang gave us some good in-jokes, but it's been replaced and for the better.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yea ok posted:

'tis, its the one on netflix rn

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

yea ok posted:

Yes, and I hate Netflix more and more with each passing day

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

homeless snail posted:

yes and then i'm gonna hit the griddy for ukraine

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

homeless snail posted:

rick doing orange justice is really funny. imo. try it out some time, if you got the dance

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I haven't consumed any more Jojo than around half of part 1's anime, but I was very impressed at the top hat guy giving a 5 minute speech after getting bisected.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

part 1 is my favorite, but i also stopped after part 4's incredibly disappointing anime adaptation

part 4 refers to diamond is unbreakable right? i really loved the art style, what was wrong with the adaptation?

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Normal anime, got it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Paper Lion posted:

when you look at our lists. they are not so different.

I cannot abide a list that puts 5 at #1, I am sorry

It's got some good fights but the story is poopy

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Huzzah! posted:

Normal anime, got it.

looks about right

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Paper Lion posted:

whats your one single favourite giant robot. only one. no qualifiers
it depends. do you mean giant robot, or giant mecha? a piloted machine, or a self-aware sentient mechanical being?

if it's a self-aware creature, there's no doubt it's this fella. he says ONE LINE and is automatically one of the most badass transformers of all time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bcCKcXnJOU&hd=1

remember when High Noon Studios made a really amazing series of Transformers games using their own designs and reinvented lore, and then didn't get a chance to actually end the series and dissolved, leaving the series forever unfinished? boy that's a fuckin' shame I tell you hwat

if it's mecha, it's Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann, no question. Not basic Gurren Lagann, not Arc-Gurren Lagann, not even Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann(or Chouginga Gurren Lagann depending on preference) is an amazing design, it's literally the moon, and it transforms from a space battleship into the robot. it's so loving cool

unfortunately all youtube videos showing it off have been utterly scrubbed from existence, they're distressingly thorough about that poo poo. but it's a cool robot

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

I haven't consumed any more Jojo than around half of part 1's anime, but I was very impressed at the top hat guy giving a 5 minute speech after getting bisected.
Hamon is stored in the lungs.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
i think this is still my favorite bit of jojo. the lead in to roundabout is incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3kdyR2deJM

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

7 > 4 > 5 > 6 > 3 > 2 > 1 > i have not read all of part 8 but i didnt enjoy what i read that much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Arist posted:

4>7>6>5>3>2>1

No, I Waffle.