Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I guess if you clicked on this thread, you knew I was talking to you.

Hey!

Why don’t you just loving floss???

It’s like the lowest effort thing you can do to have better teeth/gumhealth. Helps stop your breath from smelling like rear end too.

Even those floss picks for pussies are super helpful.

I started flossing because my dentist told me too. And now whenever I’m there she pushes her giant boobies up against me while she admires my clean teeth.

More people would want to tongue-kiss you too if you have a clean mouth.

Remember! If you don’t floss, it’s like your constantly tossing your own salad.

WHAT’S YOUR EXCUSE????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

There is conflicting evidence on whether flossing actually improves dental health, op. THERE IS CONFLICTING EVIDENCE

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

GABA ghoul posted:

There is conflicting evidence on whether flossing actually improves dental health, op. THERE IS CONFLICTING EVIDENCE

no there isn't

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i floss once a day and it's fine and easy because i do it once a day

now, showering? that's a rare treat

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

ben shapino posted:

no there isn't

Nah he's right I heard that repeated once, checkmate

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

GABA ghoul posted:

I’m sure that pile of decomposing garbage between your teeth that smells like a literal log of hot poo poo is actually good for you.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

ben shapino posted:

no there isn't

Oh yeah? Then how do you explain this article by the BBC?

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-36962667

It's the BBC. Are you implying the BBC would just lie to us?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I use those cheap disposable mini dental brushes and they rule. I actually have one on my desk and when I'm in a boring meeting I just scrape around in my teeth looking for stuff. Sometimes I find food I didn't know was in there and it rules, cause it's free surprise food. It's a cool hobby you can do while working

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I floss the way god intended, with a ripped off fingernail.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

you don't have to floss if you subsist on a diet of nutrient rich slurry

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

GABA ghoul posted:

British people have notoriously bad teeth

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Flossing feels amazing especially at the end of the day if you've eaten meat. You can feel the relief of not having rotting food packed between your teeth.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i started flossing daily many years ago because the dentist said it would help with tartar buildup. it didn’t do a goddamn thing. neither did switching to an electric toothbrush or using a mouth rinse. it’s all a scam, but it’s a habit now so i floss and brush twice with an electric toothbrush every day anyway. never had a cavity before, still haven’t after, but still get a lot of tartar buildup and need a cleaning every 6 months exactly as before. at least it isn’t hurting anything :shrug:

anyway, they shouldn’t call it tartar because there’s already a sauce with that name.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Bad Purchase posted:

i started flossing daily many years ago because the dentist said it would help with tartar buildup. it didn’t do a goddamn thing. neither did switching to an electric toothbrush or using a mouth rinse. it’s all a scam, but it’s a habit now so i floss and brush twice with an electric toothbrush every day anyway. never had a cavity before, still haven’t after, but still get a lot of tartar buildup and need a cleaning every 6 months exactly as before. at least it isn’t hurting anything :shrug:

anyway, they shouldn’t call it tartar because there’s already a sauce with that name.

The noble people of Germania have word for it that roughly translates to "teeth stones". Eating feces is a major German past time so it's a very common problem here

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

Both are delicious.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Bad Purchase posted:

:same:

I use an ordinary nondescript toothbrush with Crest because the better stuff doesn’t really do anything with my average teeth. I scrape my tongue before rinsing with water, then top it off with a swish and gargle of original mouth burning Listerine because I want my mouth to feel sanitized. Any mint Listerine or what-have-you tastes like sugar-free water to me and leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

And yes, I floss constantly and always carry a couple of the pick-‘n’-floss things with me because having food stuck in my teeth for even a second drives me crazy.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The little interdental brushes are good until you bend one, stab it into your gum and bleed everywhere.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

goatface posted:

The little interdental brushes are good until you bend one, stab it into your gum and bleed everywhere.

Yeah but doesn't it also kinda feel really good

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I try to not engage in cutting.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I compulsively floss after every meal. I cannot abide the feeling of food stuck in my teeth. its kind of a weird thing, because people don't like to see other people flossing (haha haters & clout chasers) but I'm absolutely not going into the bathroom after lunch and loving with poo poo in my mouth. Thankfully I work remote but previous jobs I would feel extremely self concious and go out to my car to floss :smith:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

goatface posted:

I try to not engage in cutting.

I thought we were talkin stabbin

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REilrEVVYIE

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

GABA ghoul posted:

Sure, let's trust the British on dental health.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
let's settle this once and for all:

flossing your teeth vs. wiping your rear end

you can only pick one

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Bad Purchase posted:

They also call it calculus for some stupid reason. I think the dental industry is trying to hijack other names to sound more sexy and exciting than it really is.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

there are very good alternatives to TP...

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

STABASS posted:

you can only pick one

Well that's easy, as I'm not gay so that just leaves flossing.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

GABA ghoul posted:

There isn't "conflicting evidence". The article states that studies of flossing have been of generally low quality. There isn't any evidence that flossing is useless.

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I’m sure that pile of decomposing garbage between your teeth that smells like a literal log of hot poo poo is actually good for you.

Yeah, loving rocket science is not necessary.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

I will never floss

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I get a good flossing in when I eat OP’s mom’s hairy puss!!!

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Op, I brush 2-3 times per day, never floss, and have all my original teeth and never had cavities at 47.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

STABASS posted:

you can only pick one

What about flossing your rear end and wiping your teeth?

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I get a good flossing in when I eat OP’s mom’s hairy puss!!!

Joke’s on you for that one.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

BigBadSteve posted:

There isn't "conflicting evidence". The article states that studies of flossing have been of generally low quality. There isn't any evidence that flossing is useless.

Yeah, loving rocket science is not necessary.
It's been years but IIRC some of the many studies found it had no statistically significant effect on tooth health. You can probably google it very easily. They are likely of equally bad quality, but the point is that there are conflicting studies

You don't actually have to use floss to clean your teeth. Interdental brushes are faster, safer, easier to use and probably even more effective. Floss is snake oil.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

GABA ghoul posted:

It's been years but IIRC some of the many studies found it had no statistically significant effect on tooth health. You can probably google it very easily. They are likely of equally bad quality, but the point is that there are conflicting studies

You don't actually have to use floss to clean your teeth. Interdental brushes are faster, safer, easier to use and probably even more effective. Floss is snake oil.

I think the important part is that you’re cleaning the plaque from between your teeth. Floss, waterpick, interdental brush, whatever. Just do SOMETHING

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

just make sure if you do floss, you do it before you brush. it loosens debris and splashes the rotten gunk between your teeth around your mouth that you want to brush away.

i’ve known people who floss after brushing and that seems grosser than not flossing at all.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it’s like wiping off the kitchen counter and getting crumbs all over a clean floor after you’ve just swept and mopped

do the counter first

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 12, 2022

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

What kind of psychopath flosses after they brush???

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

What kind of psychopath flosses after they brush???

Probably a lot of people based on the common phrase "brushing and flossing" (never the other way around)

Personally I don't do either because I am extremely foul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i floss twice a day op.

to those who foolishly question flossing: try doing it after brushing your teeth. admire all the tiny flecks of food and other miscellaneous poo poo that brushing failed to remove. then realize, you need to loving floss you gross piece of poo poo!