Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince

Hello, nice art! I have nothing on my walls and haven't for years. I don't know how much that has to do with living in rental apartments since moving back to Canada. I have a few souvenirs that get used though, like the elephant bowl I got in South Africa I use to hold keys and a little basket woven from those reeds they have down in Panama, and a tiki guy from Hawaii and my grandma's bronze elephant, etc. Nothing big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

Tiki guy

Panamanian watch basket

Elephant bowl, with keys

Finger Prince

rear end-penny posted:

honestly it is weird to me when I'm at someone's house and they don't have any art. even if it was like, newspaper clippings or some photos from a vacation or concert you went to, something. I'll post some of the art and other decor we have about. the aesthetic in my house is pretty different from what is going on so far, I hope that is ok.

That's ok, I fully admit that it's weird and probably indicative of some deep underlying psychological issues or something. What I find weird is when you see someone's house and it's covered in photos of that person.

Finger Prince

Chewbecca posted:

My walls are covered in print outs of my posts and threads, as well as my various posting awards and accolades.

When I was a kid I went to an art gallery, and one of the exhibitions was a series of white cloth squares with a small stain in the center, and a description on a card describing the meal eaten which produced that stain. What I was looking at was individual poo tickets, that the artist had used to wipe his butt with.
What I'm saying is, it's been done.
:twisted:

Finger Prince

cruft posted:

I have questions about this. How was the artist able to know which meal was being excreted? Did they do any work beforehand to figure out how long food stayed in their digestive tract, did they (incorrectly) assume that it was instant, or did they just kind of guess?

Does it matter? Even as a kid, I knew that it was a piss take. It was the artist saying "I could wipe my rear end on a napkin and you dumb fucks would hang it in a gallery". And in some bizarre art world never back down bluff calling that I still don't understand, the gallery people said "not only will we hang it in a gallery, we will make it a focal exhibition, and all us dumb fucks will contemplate your poo poo stained napkins and pontificate on your genius". I'm still not sure who the winner was.