Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I'm convinced that guitars aren't real. It's all just pre-recorded, done by a machine maybe. Nobody can actually play guitar. Have you ever tried to play a guitar? Don't waste my time with that poo poo. Pianos, they make sense: It's one button for every note. Easy. Guitars? You want me to play how many notes with one hand? gently caress outta here. There's got to be at least three people on that poo poo, behind the scenes. You've fooled me for too long. Grow up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
You can play a lot more notes at the same time with a piano than with a guitar OP, not sure what you're talking about.

Well anyway, mine is that modern pharmacists don't actually do anything. Your doctor prescribes you medicine and specifies how much you should take. The pharmacist at CVS--a person who supposedly spent like a hundred thousand dollars to go to school for a decade just to be in this exact situation--looks at the order and then spends 30 minutes in the back jerking off before they find it within themselves to count out 60 pills and put them in an orange bottle. You could literally train 10 year olds to do the same thing. It's a front for something, but I still can't figure out what.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
adam savage had grant imahara killed to distract from some bad publicity

https://screenrant.com/mythbusters-show-adam-savage-sexual-assault-sister-response/
https://twitter.com/donttrythis/status/1282885559816347648?lang=gl

10 days later man? who are you trying to fool

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Devils Affricate posted:

You can play a lot more notes at the same time with a piano than with a guitar OP, not sure what you're talking about.

With both hands, maybe. And those are all jazz chords anyway, so who gives a gently caress? Just hire some horn players or something if you want to play more notes than the three (maybe four) that God intended.

Good points about pharmacists though. They hang that diploma up at my local supermarket and wear the white jacket and they think they're better than me? Just give me the pills, I can find out about no longer enjoying grapefruit juice or being unable to cum by myself, using a search engine.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Mister Speaker posted:

Good points about pharmacists though. They hang that diploma up at my local supermarket and wear the white jacket and they think they're better than me? Just give me the pills, I can find out about no longer enjoying grapefruit juice or being unable to cum by myself, using a search engine.

Don't even have to do an internet search, my doctor already told me about all that poo poo! I've actually never heard a single meaningful warning about anything from a pharmacist, and if they had ever given me one I'd honestly be kind of annoyed. How could they properly give me medical advice without knowing my medical history or giving me a drat physical? Oh this could cause a calcium overdose? I have a calcium deficiency you fake rear end nerd. Oh this NSAID could cause stomach ulcers? Thanks for the pharma trivia that I've known since I was 16 dumbass. Just give me the medication that my physician has already determined I need.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
TikTok is a Chinese psy-op to maim and kill western youth through dumbass challenges.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The mods are editing my posts to make me look like a dumbass wonderful people who have my best interests at heart. Think about it. Does it really seem plausible that someone could be this bad good at posting? Only if they were a mod. I love mods. :)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Jul 13, 2022

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

fresh water resources are being poisoned on purpose so corporations can sell us clean water.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Devils Affricate posted:

Don't even have to do an internet search, my doctor already told me about all that poo poo! I've actually never heard a single meaningful warning about anything from a pharmacist, and if they had ever given me one I'd honestly be kind of annoyed. How could they properly give me medical advice without knowing my medical history or giving me a drat physical? Oh this could cause a calcium overdose? I have a calcium deficiency you fake rear end nerd. Oh this NSAID could cause stomach ulcers? Thanks for the pharma trivia that I've known since I was 16 dumbass. Just give me the medication that my physician has already determined I need.

Drug interactions can be really dangerous so it made sense to have someone double check your order back in the day. As far as I understand it, this is done much better and reliably through software nowadays so pharmacists are mostly just glorified cashiers now. It's probably still a good idea to have a grown up with a degree, career and certifications in charge of a pile of opiates and amphetamines though.

Also, some pharmacists do prepare individual medications like poisonous chemotherapy drugs in their little mini labs and this is something that definitely needs to be done by someone with a degree. You don't need to understand the process in its entirety 99% of the time, but for that 1% of the time you do want someone that passed chemistry and physiology 101.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3827647&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I believe.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Republicans look human but are actually a different species than homo sapiens.

Seriously, though. I think they are brain damaged and whatever it is that makes us human, in large part empathy, is completely missing from their hearts/minds/souls/being.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

there are only a few dozen actual people on the internet, I am actually interacting with the same few people over and over again under different screennames

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There can’t be 2 things that cause something to happen, only one. So people will cause enormous amounts of damage finding the other thing that was causing the problem. Because only one thing can cause a problem so it’s paydirt when they find the other one AND THE WHOLE SHSTEM IS CORRUPT AND WRONG AND I KNEW IT ALL ALONG because only one thing can ever cause a problem. And it’s never the poo poo your using at hand because you are finding the other problem with it which logically removes it as a source because there can only be one thing causing a problem. Even if there are two or three it’s still only one. That’s just the way the universe is set up, everything has a simple answer so nobody ever has guilt. You just play 2 things 3 things until you were never wrong about anything. :tinfoil:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

GABA ghoul posted:

Drug interactions can be really dangerous so it made sense to have someone double check your order back in the day. As far as I understand it, this is done much better and reliably through software nowadays so pharmacists are mostly just glorified cashiers now. It's probably still a good idea to have a grown up with a degree, career and certifications in charge of a pile of opiates and amphetamines though.
Exactly, if there are a million drugs that need to be checked against a million others for interactions, you bet your rear end I want a computer taking care of that rather than some dude just racking his memory.

Regarding the opiates and amphetamines, pharmacists don't seem to have been doing jack poo poo in recent decades to prevent any of that from being abused so :shrug:

GABA ghoul posted:

Also, some pharmacists do prepare individual medications like poisonous chemotherapy drugs in their little mini labs and this is something that definitely needs to be done by someone with a degree. You don't need to understand the process in its entirety 99% of the time, but for that 1% of the time you do want someone that passed chemistry and physiology 101.
Yeah I get that there are some important niche roles for pharmacists in hospitals and stuff, but they're the exception to the rule. I'm just talking about the average ones in the retail pharmacies.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Republicans look human but are actually a different species than homo sapiens.

This except British people

Republicans are just morons

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Intentionally setting up scenarios where people have to do slave labor to survive and not have their children get sick is not a failsafe triggered by total system failure caused by privileged access, it is funny and amusing and quirky haha that happens to people who start having the slightest shred of self esteem or pride in themselves and it’s a natural regulator for a big ego, just like torture and surgical mutilation and other actual warcrimes. It’s something you and your friends can giggle about over a glass of wine and think about how you might have not been the most popular people when your counterpart invented large scale interstellar space travel or pioneered a new surgical technique, but oh how that’s all going to change and we will be on top again heeheehee. (But like in a way where we think we are going to ever give anybody advice or add in extra requirements or control who goes where and who does what ever again)

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jul 13, 2022

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
OH YOUVE THOUGHT TOO MUCH OF YOURSELF THIS TIME rear end in a top hat! Might as well try to take out your whole family and ensure you have no future and likely starve to death, again.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Stamps. Think about it.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
THIS ONES FOR WOMEN EVERYWHERE HAHAHA! STOP BEING A SCIENTIST rear end in a top hat WOMEN CANT UNDERSTAND THAT poo poo! :thunkher:

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I'm a cool guy but everyone lies and says I'm not

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

happiness is a myth designed to get people to buy stuff

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Happiness is something we lost when we started farming and settling down. We stopped living immediate lives and starting living for the next day, the next week, the next month, the next year, then finally for retirement and we haven't been happy since.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Happiness is something we lost when we started farming and settling down. We stopped living immediate lives and starting living for the next day, the next week, the next month, the next year, then finally for retirement and we haven't been happy since.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Waltzing Along posted:

Seriously, though. I think they are brain damaged and whatever it is that makes us human, in large part empathy, is completely missing from their hearts/minds/souls/being.

To me it looks more like rightwingers aren't brain damaged so much as they're closer to how humans act in their natural state because they didn't evolve the ability to feel empathy. Looking at the vast majority of human history backs up this statement.

Which brings me to my conspiracy theory: The natural laws are inherently lovely and humanity can only survive by overcoming them instead of obeying them.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yeah but like, what’s the limit? Like how much happiness am i sacrificing if I plan, say like, 3 seconds into the future? Like if happiness is just a sliding scale of planning smaller and smaller increments into the future then people should get happier if they can plan microseconds into the future. Like if you just kept planning better in infinitely smaller units of time, maybe you could like almost virtually live in the now, even though that probably quantitatively more time spent planning as you get closer to happiness. :thunk:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So you tried to dig up some dirt on someone I’m with and you exposed her because you used a government database that has a persistent read on it. She was a slave. She is not now. I am protecting her from you, I know how you treat me because of my roots. Given the current local climate of racist hostility, which you mirror, I decided temporary relocation was the best option. I would appreciate it if you stopped playing detective on her trail with your hot compiled software. This isn’t the first time you have put my loved ones in danger. Software is available to look up the same information you are after, but obviously I’m a piece of poo poo so why would you use that? I just want people to enjoy themselves and each other’s company without you actively trying to murder them. If you are going to endanger people who have already been through death under similar circumstances once I suggest you consider a plan for removing yourself from my life, other than death.

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jul 13, 2022

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I think that guy who called in to Art Bell claiming to have worked at Area 51 was a prankster, but I also believe that the US Government thought he really WAS a scientist at Area 51 and cut the radio feed to make sure he didn't say anything incriminating.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

The Clintons killed two boys in 1987 to cover up their drug smuggling.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

The human bottleneck from 70,000 years ago was due to wide scale environmental collapse caused by humans killing and eating everything in sight, and the invention of farming, for good or bad, was the only thing that saved humanity from extinction.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
This is all there is, as good as it gets.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Yaldabaoth posted:

The human bottleneck from 70,000 years ago was due to wide scale environmental collapse caused by humans killing and eating everything in sight, and the invention of farming, for good or bad, was the only thing that saved humanity from extinction.

Look it's late and I'm too tired to tell you all the reasons why that's so wrong. So I'll just pick one thing. We didn't invent farming for over 50,000 more years after that.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I subscribe to Densely-Packed-Hitlers theory

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I think the FSB was likely involved with blowing up a couple of apartment buildings in Russia in the late 90s and helped murder hundreds of innocent people.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Look it's late and I'm too tired to tell you all the reasons why that's so wrong. So I'll just pick one thing. We didn't invent farming for over 50,000 more years after that.

That's another conspiracy theory, that there were human civilizations far older than the ones we know off but they were wiped out by the ice age and other natural disasters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5gQIJ2IJLI

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Ooh! Sorry I took your post at face value.

I love ancient lost civilization theories and I'd give anything to find one that I could believe in. But I never have.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

GABA ghoul posted:

It's probably still a good idea to have a grown up with a degree, career and certifications in charge of a pile of opiates and amphetamines though.
Like a doctor of journalism

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I don’t think Jeffery Epstein was killed by the Clintons.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I may have killed john f kennedy and faked the moon landing but i'm not 100% sure. The whole decade is hazy, i was doing a whole lotta reefer

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Not my personal conspiracy theory, but a goon posted a reply in a photoshop or video thread and their belief is that goons who contribute to those threads have access to a secret giant library of images, gifs, and videos buried on the web. No matter how specific or SA-centered the photoshop thread is, it's all pre-made and available to a select few who post in photoshop threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

You're wrong OP cos I can shred on guitar like heck