Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
There is absolutely no reason for so many TV insurance ads. Insurance is something you have to buy, and it's all pretty much the same. A talking lizard, or J.K. Simmons, or Aaron Rodgers, or Shaq, or Peyton Manning, or Drake isn't going to help you make up your mind. People buy insurance because the agent's office was close by, or because they knew the agent in High School or College, or the saw the agent's stupid fat face on a bench.

These insurance executives have too much money, and they're bored, so they spend it on ads that allow them to hang out with famous celebrities. Pure egotizing.

So, if you're thinking about committing insurance fraud, I say go for it. Drake and Aaron Rodgers have enough money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Rental cars should be like cops guns, you can just take them, there's heaps more.

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick
My Dad put the Christmas lights on the big radio tower downtown every year himself. They wouldn't just leave them on there year round and only turn them on for one month of the year!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
JFK suicided.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Everyone near me and everyone I love has been secretly killed and replaced by an identical duplicate that looks, and generally behaves exactly the same, but nevertheless lacks consciousness, personal teleology, or self-awareness, and only exist for the purpose of manipulating me towards some unknown end.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Animal-Mother posted:

JFK suicided.

JFK's head just did that

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Farts still exist through all of evolution because they are the only know successful response for both fight and flight.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
fancy hygiene products are 99.99% a big fuckin scam and the cheap products work fine.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
The big bottle of ACT mouthwash has less fluoride than the regular bottle so you're not actually getting any more and is not a better value. The only thing that remotely indicates this on the label without looking at the ingredients is a tiny "2x daily" (for the bigger bottle) or "1x daily" (for the regular size).

It's all part of a conspiracy by big mouthwash to dick people around purely out of spite, it's not even about profits or anything.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

440 Hz used as the default tuning frequency for A is wrong, the real A is 432 Hz

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

there are 3 distinct human sexes but jealous doctors have secretly been removing all but one penis from babies at birth

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I am currently dreaming but cannot wake up

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

T Bowl posted:

fancy hygiene products are 99.99% a big fuckin scam and the cheap products work fine.

That's not a conspiracy theory, that's just true. Same is true of brand-name drugs like Tylenol; the patent for acetominophen (and ibuprofen, and ASA, I think) is public domain so the store-brand stuff is literally the same product. Tylenol and Advil only advertise so people think they're superior. I imagine this is exactly what's going on with Lysol and other big name cleaning products.

Bad Purchase posted:

440 Hz used as the default tuning frequency for A is wrong, the real A is 432 Hz

I hate this so much, anytime someone brings up in earnest that they tune to A432 you know you're about to hear some grade-A, sacred vibrations, stick-a-quartz-crystal-up-your-rear end, white dude dreadlocks, only plays barefoot, drum circle, granola-rear end malarkey.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
Cheney killed Wellstone. Not conspiracy: fact

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Ken is a clone of Ryu but he got the inferior genes.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Rock music in the 60's was a psy-op.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the pentagon was also attacked on 9/11

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

20 Blunts posted:

Rock music in the 60's was a psy-op.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Stephen_Morrison

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Pink faked her separation from Carey Hart so that "So What" would sell more.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
Several people who know jack-poo poo about being a pharmacist itt. Even grocery store pharmacists and techs do actual chemistry to prepare meds and are substantially more knowledgeable than doctors about drugs and interactions. Challenging doctors on dangerous prescriptions is an everyday common part of the job. Most GPs know the basics of the most popular drugs and drug company talking points and that's about it. They themselves are relying on the pharmacist to know the details and correct them as necessary, because that is the job of a pharmacist. A doctor might be investigated for a particularly egregious prescription, or a pattern of them, but the occasional error in dosage or ignorance of a potential interaction happens all the time with no repercussions.

Also you know how pretty much every piece of software fucks up at some point? Pharmaceutical software is notorious for these fuckups. You don't even want to know what garbage they are, and combined with pharmacy understaffing leading to these mistakes being overlooked, people are dying because of it. And many retail pharmacies are switching to cheaper, slower, less useful software to save money. There has been an exodus of pharmacists from Loblaws stores in Canada in the last few years for this reason. They switched to some absolute garbage software that substantially reduced efficiency and accuracy. Those with options fought their nda and left to other pharmacies, those who criticized the software were punished, and those that remain are rapidly burning out.

Like most health care jobs, being a pharmacist is insanely stressful and exhausting but absolutely essential. No pharmacist is sitting on their rear end at the cash register all day. Most are lucky to take a lunch on their 14+ hour shift where they're the only one on duty. Shaming essential health care workers who are risking their lives to save others during the pandemic is disgusting and ignorance is no excuse. You're so sure you can learn all you need to know about medication by googling it, and yet are apparently incapable of googling to learn what a pharmacist actually does?

Anyway, for my own content, I sometimes think google secretly has the technology to have their devices read minds. There have just been so many times when I've received extremely specific targeted ads about something I merely thought about and never typed or spoke that I question how it could just be an algorithm or coincidence.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

The Bloop posted:

JFK's head just did that

Seriously.

Close your mouth and hold your nose and push as hard as you can. I dare you!

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Yes, I know what a wet bias is so don't @ me. Now, this last winter was the most snow I've ever seen. Snowed 4 times. Stuck for more than 24 hours twice. There was an ice storm that was big in 1993. Otherwise it's generally been about one day of snow a year on average and that's it.

But I believe that when there is a chance of snow, however modest here in northern Alabama (read: lots of flat land and mountains) the local news stations try to sell you the idea that it will snow. It's gonna be a horrific. It's gonna be a loving blizzard. You better prepare folks we don't know how bad it's going to be.....

Now to a commercial with our wallmart / publix / food store sponsor that makes a killing off people buying up all the bread and milk.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

There really are people following me and spying on me.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Lowtax was framed and shamed. He was completely honest about everything and there is a convenient excuse for literally everything you could criticize him for in his favor.

Except the Goldbelly. That was his one sin.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I unironically believe that the New Orleans Pelicans are frequently abbreviated as "NOR" or "NOP" in the box score instead of "NO" is deliberate and is done to make sure that twice a year when the Trail Blazers come to town the box score doesn't read "POR/NO".

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
The other thing I've noticed about pharmacists is that they all have a super inflated sense of self importance probably due to the fact that it would be too upsetting to admit that they wasted all that time in school and didn't even end up becoming a real doctor, so they tend to go on insane rants about how important they are if you ever start to chip away at their facade

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Devils Affricate posted:

The other thing I've noticed about pharmacists is that they all have a super inflated sense of self importance probably due to the fact that it would be too upsetting to admit that they wasted all that time in school and didn't even end up becoming a real doctor, so they tend to go on insane rants about how important they are if you ever start to chip away at their facade

Organic chemistry classes break brains.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

oh what the gently caress how did i miss this

edit: u just gave me schizophrenia, thanks alot pal

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

Devils Affricate posted:

Maybe you know lovely pharmacists? All the pharmacists I know laugh about "counting pills to pay the bills". Most accept it because while they "sold out" they've got a nice paycheck so who cares? That's more than most of us can ask for and they get to stand up all day and stay fit. People that complain about it lament "not doing anything" but that's mostly because their personal lives are a sad husk so they seek meaning in a job that isn't designed to provide meaning. The previous generation had small business owners which is its own can of brainworms but independent pharmacies don't meaningfully exist in the US anymore. 20 years ago when I lived in Germany was closer to the US 40 years ago when I grew up in terms of pharmacies so maybe it's different where you are.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I'm not a pharmacist, I just know several and know how full of poo poo you are lol

Edit: I am coming from a Canadian perspective so I guess I shouldn't be speaking for other countries but I don't believe for a second there are pharmacists anywhere out there doing nothing all day. I wonder if people are aware that it isn't just pharmacists working at a pharmacy, maybe there is some confusion. The teenager managing the cash register isn't making six figures.

run on sentience fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jul 14, 2022

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

run on sentience posted:

I'm not a pharmacist, I just know several and know how full of poo poo you are lol

Edit: I am coming from a Canadian perspective so I guess I shouldn't be speaking for other countries but I don't believe for a second there are pharmacists anywhere out there doing nothing all day. I wonder if people are aware that it isn't just pharmacists working at a pharmacy, maybe there is some confusion. The teenager managing the cash register isn't making six figures.

I love it when non-americans post on Something Awful and start arguments because they wrongfully assume America is a functioning country like theirs.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
a good amount of straight boys, maybe most of them, really, really, really, really, really need for a nice lady to just hold them for a bit and tell them it's okay and let them cry with no judgement.
what's okay? I don't know.
but they need it. I can tell.
it radiates off of them like a stink. they'll go for years without it, even decades, maybe even forget sometimes, but it's like a cut that won't stop bleeding, that's been bleeding longer than anybody can remember. like a tree grown around a jagged piece of metal.
they're not allowed to talk about it, and it's not my place to ask, but I can tell, and it sucks. I'm not always aware of it, but I'm pretty sure it's always there, and when I am aware of it it's excruciating.
hope you can find the love you need, straight boys. :sigh:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

run on sentience posted:

yeah i'm sure you can 'play a mean guitar' too

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jul 14, 2022

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022

Yaldabaoth posted:

I love it when non-americans post on Something Awful and start arguments because they wrongfully assume America is a functioning country like theirs.

Oh, Canada is plenty disfunctional, just in different ways. And if there are countries where pharmacists aren't horribly overworked, I consider that more functional.

Edit: vvv it's also cute when Americans think they are the only ones posting here

run on sentience fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jul 14, 2022

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

my good friend is a pharmacist, but she lives in canada so you wouldn't know her

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Cubone posted:

a good amount of straight boys, maybe most of them, really, really, really, really, really need for a nice lady to just hold them for a bit and tell them it's okay and let them cry with no judgement.
I mean this is true for everyone I am pretty sure, but probably moreso for lovely straightos like me yes

Personal conspiracy theory: lotion is the cause of, not the solution to, dry, cracked, and peeling skin

I know this is not literally true but I am well into 30 years of watching other people cover themselves with lotion every winter yet somehow I am the one whose hands are smooth and pain-free

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
I strongly suspect that people who believe in ridiculous conspiracy theories don’t really think they are true, they are just doing it to annoy me.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

Cubone posted:

what's okay? I don't know.
but they need it. I can tell.
it radiates off of them like a stink. they'll go for years without it, even decades, maybe even forget sometimes, but it's like a cut that won't stop bleeding, that's been bleeding longer than anybody can remember. like a tree grown around a jagged piece of metal.
they're not allowed to talk about it, and it's not my place to ask, but I can tell, and it sucks. I'm not always aware of it, but I'm pretty sure it's always there, and when I am aware of it it's excruciating.
hope you can find the love you need, straight boys. :sigh:

I feel like this is something a good deep dicking could fix.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

2nd Amendment posted:

I feel like this is something a good deep dicking could fix.

why not both???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The industrial world has been post scarcity since the Haber process was widely introduced. Stagflation was a sign capitalism wasn't able to divy the resources up efficiently and Reagan fixed it by reigniting class wars, destroying enough real capital to set things back to the history of want and yearning narrowly saving the rich and powerful the awkward conversation that people are equal and can all be provided for by a united society.