Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flora Finching
Sep 10, 2009

I think people who believe they were abducted by aliens are just remembering being born. The image of the big-eyed alien with no mouth is just what masked doctors look like to babies, who can't see for poo poo. Also they stick their finger up your butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

zedprime posted:

The industrial world has been post scarcity since the Haber process was widely introduced. Stagflation was a sign capitalism wasn't able to divy the resources up efficiently and Reagan fixed it by reigniting class wars, destroying enough real capital to set things back to the history of want and yearning narrowly saving the rich and powerful the awkward conversation that people are equal and can all be provided for by a united society.

Add Thatcher, Kohl, Chirac, Yeltsin and Deng to the list and Deng and that isn't even a conspiracy. It's just fact.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

the united states is a one party country that maintains rule via a fiction that half of it is an "opposition party"

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

That my pharmacist is really giving me nothing but placebos.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Earwicker posted:

the united states is a one party country that maintains rule via a fiction that half of it is an "opposition party"

But this is actually true lol

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
The only time a pharmacist ever said anything was when I went from 4 x 1mg to 1 x 5mg. They called me repeatedly letting me know it was a huge increase and it wasn't safe and I shouldn't jump up that much. I guess they just saw it was from 1mg to 5mg and didn't look at the number of pills?

Also it's prazosin, not a controlled substance or dangerous or anything, and normal dosage is up to 15mg.

Also they never said anything for the years when I was on a med that could have interacted with my birth control (I knew about the interaction and had discussed with my doctors)

Killing it, guy. But they do usually get the correct number of pills, mostly

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

starbucks laces the sides of their cups with extra caffeine

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
the wealthy that run most countries are intentionally pitting us against each other so that we don't turn on them and throw them in a deep pit where they belong. there are lots of issues that people of nearly any political stripe can agree on but we almost never hear about them because regular people agreeing with each other is dangerous.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I thought that the change in common media vocabulary in the mid-2000s where meats started to be referred to as 'protein' is an attempt to get people used to eating things other than actual meats.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

Tarkus posted:

I thought that the change in common media vocabulary in the mid-2000s where meats started to be referred to as 'protein' is an attempt to get people used to eating things other than actual meats.

They are going to feminize us by making us eat tofu like the womanly but paradoxically soon to be world dominating Japanese! (feel free to replace with "chinese" or "tiger economies" depending on the decade).

hate hoot
Nov 7, 2012
When my local school district began requiring the schools to implement healthy eating reforms (pizza must have whole wheat crust and low fat cheese, way less junk in general in the cafeteria, only one bake sale day a year) they did it under pressure/bribery from fast food and convenience store chains. Students stopped buying lunch at school because it didn't taste as good and greatly increased their patronage of fast food/convenience stores. The schools were probably relieved about this since their cafeterias were unlikely to have been turning a profit anyway. Everyone wins except the actual health of the youth.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Thr JFK assassination was actually an elaborate suicide

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

the sun landing was faked.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

HD DAD posted:

i know it is, i thought we were supposed to post stuff that we personally believe is true :confused:

its really unfortunate that the general public's connotation of "conspiracy theory" automatically implies some crazy nonsense like q or reptilians or whatever. actual conspiracies do happen.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Anne Whateley posted:

The only time a pharmacist ever said anything was when I went from 4 x 1mg to 1 x 5mg. They called me repeatedly letting me know it was a huge increase and it wasn't safe and I shouldn't jump up that much. I guess they just saw it was from 1mg to 5mg and didn't look at the number of pills?

Also it's prazosin, not a controlled substance or dangerous or anything, and normal dosage is up to 15mg.

Also they never said anything for the years when I was on a med that could have interacted with my birth control (I knew about the interaction and had discussed with my doctors)

Killing it, guy. But they do usually get the correct number of pills, mostly

The most common intervention a pharmacist in America will make is withholding birth control from women. The vast majority of other incidents will be errors due to the fact that the pharmacist knows absolutely nothing about the patient.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

There's just as many serial killers now as there ever were but we've lost the cultural ability to notice them

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

There's just as many serial killers now as there ever were but we've lost the cultural ability to notice them

Is there anyone claiming that there are fewer of them now?

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Devils Affricate posted:

Is there anyone claiming that there are fewer of them now?

sure https://www.discovermagazine.com/the-sciences/what-explains-the-decline-of-serial-killers

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

The opposite is true. They just became spree killers.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

flubber nuts posted:

the sun landing was faked.

This has been proven time and time again I'm tired of you conspiracy theorists saying the sun landing was faked.

We have a flag on the sun, OK?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Oh I thought you meant a general decline over human history. If anything we've returned to the norm and it's the 80s that were weird.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
Do you remember when Buzz Aldrin punched Seth McFarland in the face for asking if the sun landing was faked?

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
The main reason Adobe Flash was so poo poo and a resource hog was that Macromedia had lost the source code, so Adobe only got the 32-bit Windows .exe, and had to make do with virtual machines and wrappers around it.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Kirk Vikernes posted:

Not my personal conspiracy theory, but a goon posted a reply in a photoshop or video thread and their belief is that goons who contribute to those threads have access to a secret giant library of images, gifs, and videos buried on the web. No matter how specific or SA-centered the photoshop thread is, it's all pre-made and available to a select few who post in photoshop threads.

I've posted my own photoshops in those threads. It's always fun to be on the other side of something that people come up with conspiracy theories about.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Mr. Smile Face Hat posted:

The main reason Adobe Flash was so poo poo and a resource hog was that Macromedia had lost the source code, so Adobe only got the 32-bit Windows .exe, and had to make do with virtual machines and wrappers around it.

haha
I believe it

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Mr. Smile Face Hat posted:

Real talk, that's how Flash is actually starting to get served now on some sites

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

toes are really just fingers for your feet.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Devils Affricate posted:

Real talk, that's how Flash is actually starting to get served now on some sites

Yeah, and while I can't prove my conspiracy theory, it explains really well why they never quite got it to perform well. Maybe they had the source code, but it was incomprehensible Intel assembly, APL or something.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Bad Purchase posted:

440 Hz used as the default tuning frequency for A is wrong, the real A is 432 Hz

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

run on sentience posted:

Several people who know jack-poo poo about being a pharmacist itt. Even grocery store pharmacists and techs do actual chemistry to prepare meds and are substantially more knowledgeable than doctors about drugs and interactions. Challenging doctors on dangerous prescriptions is an everyday common part of the job. Most GPs know the basics of the most popular drugs and drug company talking points and that's about it. They themselves are relying on the pharmacist to know the details and correct them as necessary, because that is the job of a pharmacist. A doctor might be investigated for a particularly egregious prescription, or a pattern of them, but the occasional error in dosage or ignorance of a potential interaction happens all the time with no repercussions.

Also you know how pretty much every piece of software fucks up at some point? Pharmaceutical software is notorious for these fuckups. You don't even want to know what garbage they are, and combined with pharmacy understaffing leading to these mistakes being overlooked, people are dying because of it. And many retail pharmacies are switching to cheaper, slower, less useful software to save money. There has been an exodus of pharmacists from Loblaws stores in Canada in the last few years for this reason. They switched to some absolute garbage software that substantially reduced efficiency and accuracy. Those with options fought their nda and left to other pharmacies, those who criticized the software were punished, and those that remain are rapidly burning out.

Like most health care jobs, being a pharmacist is insanely stressful and exhausting but absolutely essential. No pharmacist is sitting on their rear end at the cash register all day. Most are lucky to take a lunch on their 14+ hour shift where they're the only one on duty. Shaming essential health care workers who are risking their lives to save others during the pandemic is disgusting and ignorance is no excuse. You're so sure you can learn all you need to know about medication by googling it, and yet are apparently incapable of googling to learn what a pharmacist actually does?

Anyway, for my own content, I sometimes think google secretly has the technology to have their devices read minds. There have just been so many times when I've received extremely specific targeted ads about something I merely thought about and never typed or spoke that I question how it could just be an algorithm or coincidence.

I say this as a mental health industry consumer who vastly prefers therapists to psychiatrists (god forbid nurse practitioners). I get my meds but never learned a god drat thing from a brain doctor checkup

Pharmacists should have total discretion over filling prescriptions for drugs and doses in addition to anything from the physician. Just like Freud feared for Psychoanalysis, the Pharmacist community hosed up and let elitist credential-fucker psychiatrists (doctors) steal all the relevance and power of their profession. Everything you said is true in theory but it's completely irrelevant to the average person with an Rx. AMA Doctors ruined your labor solidarity and you have to take it back or no future Americans will give a poo poo as neural network machine learning puts you out of work

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

flubber nuts posted:

the sun landing was baked.

Ftfy.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Analytic Engine posted:

no future Americans will give a poo poo as neural network machine learning puts you out of work

Inshallah

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Analytic Engine posted:

I say this as a mental health industry consumer who vastly prefers therapists to psychiatrists (god forbid nurse practitioners). I get my meds but never learned a god drat thing from a brain doctor checkup

Pharmacists should have total discretion over filling prescriptions for drugs and doses in addition to anything from the physician. Just like Freud feared for Psychoanalysis, the Pharmacist community hosed up and let elitist credential-fucker psychiatrists (doctors) steal all the relevance and power of their profession. Everything you said is true in theory but it's completely irrelevant to the average person with an Rx. AMA Doctors ruined your labor solidarity and you have to take it back or no future Americans will give a poo poo as neural network machine learning puts you out of work

Htbh, but if a pharmacist starts asking about my medical conditions, history and starts examining me at the counter, while all the other customers stand around us listening intensely and nodding sagely, I'm outta there. Lots of other pharmacies around where this poo poo doesn't happen. Pharmacists, in general, are not qualified to give medical advice nor do they have the facilities for this. I'm not sure if they are even insured against malpractice.

It might be different with psychiatric meds though.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

All of these discussions are just a smoke cover over the fact that American pharmacy degrees are really very good 4-6 year programs designed to ensure you can read, type, use a phone to navigate automated insurance systems, and count all the way to 30 (maybe even 30, 2-3 times!).

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

In Germany you can go to a three year trade school to become a certified "pharmacy technician" and then you can do most stuff around a pharmacy. You are only allowed to sell non-prescription meds though. I guess it's a decent compromise :shrug:

e: also, you don't have to learn to count here to become a pharmacist. Almost everything is sold in blister packs, no individual pills. So I guess.you could cut a year from the pharmacy degree

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

HD DAD posted:

I know US politics suck, but "lol both sides" is still an immensely dumb take. Possibly one pushed by Russian propagandists, if you want to stay on the conspiracy topic.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Yaldabaoth posted:

That's another conspiracy theory, that there were human civilizations far older than the ones we know off but they were wiped out by the ice age and other natural disasters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5gQIJ2IJLI

they did have boats

Hello Meow
Nov 9, 2009
Pretty much nobody at the top of any religion actually believes a word they're saying, but some probably want to.

Less conspiracy and "the evidence backs my assertion"

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Computer viking posted:

I know US politics suck, but "lol both sides" is still an immensely dumb take. Possibly one pushed by Russian propagandists, if you want to stay on the conspiracy topic.
Yeah anyone who believes at this point that the two major parties are working towards the same end should be shot

They do not disagree as much as they should, mind, but mostly in an economic sense. The rest is handled by the unending fallout of America giving veto power to the slaveowner class

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Drinking alone is looked down on by most people because non-addict normies would never stop downing cocktails IPAs and steel reserve until they passed out or pissed/hurled outside. The rule exists to cover up America's childishly stupid drinking culture where people think inebriation is a license to be antisocial or abusive. Driving drunk doesn't absolve you of guilt for hurting people and I have zero respect for losers who blame drugs for committing destructive crimes or being an rear end in a top hat. Drinking and drugs are some of the greatest joys in the human condition and it's always some POS ruining them for the rest of us