Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
Post itt to receive your question

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

itt

Chewbecca

So tell me, Mr Sloth, what motivated you to apply for the role of Lead Quality Assurance Officer here at BYOB™ Enterprises inc. corp. ??

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Stoner Sloth

Chewbecca posted:

So tell me, Mr Sloth, what motivated you to apply for the role of Lead Quality Assurance Officer here at BYOB™ Enterprises inc. corp. ??

i love the 'yob and wanted to give back to a company that's given so much to me - ideally in the form of helping to foster a culture of posting to :justpost: and also quietly testing the BYOB drug (aka left handed jazz cigarettes, the devil's lettuce) for quality, most likely when i'm supposed to be working as i feel this best represents the values of BYOB Enterprises inc. corp.

Tebulot

im hip now bois

ITT

biosterous

i t t

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

google THIS

itt

Chewbecca

The role of Senior Posting Coach is responsible for coaching and developing the next generation of up and coming BYOB superstars - what advice would you give to those looking to 'make it' in the 'YOB today?

Chewbecca

The Head of our Chill Division here is responsible for ensuring that BYOB™ Enterprises inc. corp.is delivering to its mission statement. What is the BYOB™ Enterprises inc. corp. mission statement and how do you propose to ensure we acbieve this?

Chewbecca

As the Senior Meme Technologist at BYOB™ Enterprises inc. corp. you would need to ensure that BYOB continues to deliver the fresh content that our customers have come to expect, while also maintaining an accurate catalog of historic BYOB references. How would you strike that balance and which do you think is more valuable?

Heather Papps

hello friend

itt

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Chewbecca

As the Welcome, Hello and Chat Thread Northern Hemisphere Shift Supervisor here at BYOB™ Enterprises inc. corp. you would be responsible for ensuring that Northern Hemisphere goons post in the Welcome, Hello and Chat Thread, on time and on budget. [See also: "Lurkers Must Post©" objective on page 69 of the BYOBusiness Plan 2022/2023].

How do you propose to meet lurker posting KPIs with this 'known to be problematic' cohort?

google THIS

Chewbecca posted:

As the Senior Meme Technologist at BYOB™ Enterprises inc. corp. you would need to ensure that BYOB continues to deliver the fresh content that our customers have come to expect, while also maintaining an accurate catalog of historic BYOB references. How would you strike that balance and which do you think is more valuable?

I'm going to tell you the same thing I told my last boss moments before he eliminated my position on account of my being grossly overqualified, gave me an extremely generous severance package, and begged me to impregnate his wife: Bubba gubba borba lindsten joober flambin' trink brank gornky

Heather Papps

hello friend

Chewbecca posted:

As the Welcome, Hello and Chat Thread Northern Hemisphere Shift Supervisor here at BYOB™ Enterprises inc. corp. you would be responsible for ensuring that Northern Hemisphere goons post in the Welcome, Hello and Chat Thread, on time and on budget. [See also: "Lurkers Must Post©" objective on page 69 of the BYOBusiness Plan 2022/2023].

How do you propose to meet lurker posting KPIs with this 'known to be problematic' cohort?

every hour on the hour i will see who is currently lurking byob and if they are not a official byob postertm i will make a thread requesting their posts, by name. this tactic will not be seen as threatening or aggressive and i believe once implemented we're going to see our engagement metrics explode to the degree the previous algorithms will be obsolete. web four point oh.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
My strength is that I don't have any weaknesses and my weakness is that I don't have any strengths...

ITT

(following orders is problematic, I hope this won't complicate things, such as my paycheck?)

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Can I get an application form? I'm just here for the free paper.

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
posting

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
sweating visibly itt

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

biosterous

Chewbecca posted:

The Head of our Chill Division here is responsible for ensuring that BYOB™ Enterprises inc. corp.is delivering to its mission statement. What is the BYOB™ Enterprises inc. corp. mission statement and how do you propose to ensure we acbieve this?

the mission statement is the entire lyrics of the byob reggae. to ensure ideal foloowthrough on the core values i recommend keeping it in the 24/7 playlist but also adding the byob vapourwave to the rotation

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

deep dish peat moss

Yes I would love to show you my portfolio, this first piece is named "Ceci n'est une pipe"

Chewbecca

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

My strength is that I don't have any weaknesses and my weakness is that I don't have any strengths...

ITT

(following orders is problematic, I hope this won't complicate things, such as my paycheck?)

I trust you have reviewed the Position Description for the role of Chief Orb Officer (COO) here at BYOB™ Enterprises inc. corp. What do you see as the Chief Orb Officer's main deliverable for Q3?

Chewbecca

Buttchocks posted:

Can I get an application form? I'm just here for the free paper.

In an increasingly volatile market (such as the one we are operating in), it can be hard to maintain an optimal post to thread ratio for our content creators. As Senior Ratio Analyst it would be up to you to determine this ratio - a ratio thats ambitious, but also scalable. How do you achieve this?

Chewbecca

The role of International Humour Liaison here at BYOB™ Enterprises inc. corp. is to ensure harmonious relationships between BYOB posters of all backgrounds and timezones. How do you ensure that "BYOB comedy©", is accessible to all?

Chewbecca

How Wonderful! posted:

sweating visibly itt

I understand you are nervous, but trust that we are a friendly bunch here at BYOB™ Enterprises inc. corp.

<stares blankly>

ahem

Ok moving on. As a BYOB Ambassador, you would need to travel to grey forums to promote the BYOBrand©, and increase our presence by 69%  [See the grey forums domination objective on page 420 of the BYOBusiness Plan 2022/2023].

What do you see as the biggest risk in visiting grey forums and how would you mitigate that risk?

Chewbecca

deep dish peat moss posted:

Yes I would love to show you my portfolio, this first piece is named "Ceci n'est une pipe"

Thank you for that uhhh enlightening journey through your mind.

As I am sure you are well aware, BYOB™ Enterprises inc. corp. has an overreliance on the written medium. As our Chief Artistic Officer its expected you would promote the use of new kinds of posting for our 'next gen' of posters. "Think outside the square" so to speak, really "push the envelope". Yes I invented those phrases, evocative no?

Anyway, what new and exciting mediums and modes of artistic posting are you most excited to promote?

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas

Chewbecca posted:

I understand you are nervous, but trust that we are a friendly bunch here at BYOB™ Enterprises inc. corp.

<stares blankly>

ahem

Ok moving on. As a BYOB Ambassador, you would need to travel to grey forums to promote the BYOBrand©, and increase our presence by 69%  [See the grey forums domination objective on page 420 of the BYOBusiness Plan 2022/2023].

What do you see as the biggest risk in visiting grey forums and how would you mitigate that risk?

As a former moderator of a grey forum myself *passes glossy photographs of BSS across the desk* I'm very sensitive to the concerns of grey forums posters and the vital necessity of meeting them, as it were, where they are. Although recent polling shows that only 43% of grey forums posters identified as feeling "very positively" towards core BYOB principles such as "being chill," "chilling," and "riding the chillwave," a more granular look at the data suggests that upwards of 3/4 of grey forums users do respond to such BYOB-adjacent concepts as pets, crimes, and burriot. The issue is not that these users do not wish to chill. They simply do not know how to chill... some may not even recognize being chill as an option. These are potential yobbers and the only need to be brought around through active engagement.

As such I'd like to reframe your question: I believe the biggest risk that BYOB faces is in emphasizing the blue/grey forum binary-- rather, as I see it, all forums users are caught up in the same chill wave. BYOB is simply at the crest of that wave. And I assure you that I know better than anyone how to pull the rest of the forums into chill wave-engagement too. Now I'm not naïve-- I know that this kind of outreach opens the door to non-joke sixers, concern trolling, even QCS intervention. I'm as aware as anyone that BYOB ambassadors even face the very real dangers of being owned. But as we both know *laughing familiarly* none of that is anything that can't be navigated with a bit of savvy and a big weed leaf rolled up into a cigarette.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

sb hermit

How Wonderful! posted:

sweating visibly itt

Chewbecca

Thank you for taking the time to meet with the panel to discuss your suitability for the role of Senior Engineer, LOLs and LMAOs for BYOB™ Enterprises inc. corp.

So tell me, what is your background in LOLs and LMAOs and how do you intend to support a 420 fold increase in both LOL and LMAO uptake within and across the organisation?

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Chewbecca posted:

I trust you have reviewed the Position Description for the role of Chief Orb Officer (COO) here at BYOB™ Enterprises inc. corp. What do you see as the Chief Orb Officer's main deliverable for Q3?

I think the best way to deliver three quarters would be in a Volcano vaporizer, so we would then fill up as many bags with the vape and pass it around to everyone at the board meeting until we're all laughing and giggling at each other and pointing when the clowns come out, juggling everyone's posts in the form of empty quotes. And there will be many confectionaries that are safe for all to consume.

And lols...

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Chewbecca posted:

In an increasingly volatile market (such as the one we are operating in), it can be hard to maintain an optimal post to thread ratio for our content creators. As Senior Ratio Analyst it would be up to you to determine this ratio - a ratio thats ambitious, but also scalable. How do you achieve this?

Oops, I misspelled volayle on my application form. Could I get a new one?

sb hermit

Chewbecca posted:

Thank you for taking the time to meet with the panel to discuss your suitability for the role of Senior Engineer, LOLs and LMAOs for BYOB™ Enterprises inc. corp.

So tell me, what is your background in LOLs and LMAOs and how do you intend to support a 420 fold increase in both LOL and LMAO uptake within and across the organisation?

I've already reviewed your architecture and, to be frank, it's pretty bad. But given the quality materials we have to work with, a 69 fold increase can be done within a week, but it will take until the end of the year to reach 420. Once we reach 420, however, efficiency margins are already thin if we hit full capacity. You need to get me those LOL and LMAO posts at a consistent rate.

Then, see the powerpoint in the attachment regarding the process we'll follow. It all centers around keeping the IKs informed of the good threads. Then those threads will surely get goldmined.

The Hello Machine

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
itt

Chewbecca

The role of Senior Director, Sigs and Gang Tags here at BYOB™ Enterprises inc. corp. plays a pivotal role in developing and propogating the hottest and freshest sigs and gang tags for our internal clientele. Sigs are a proven strategy for "BYOB Talent"© retention and thus a key deliverable for our organisation.

What is your 'point of difference' when it comes to sig and gang tag development and how would you propose we best use sigs to both retain and attract the best and brightest posters to BYOB™ Enterprises inc. corp.?

The Hello Machine

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
The sigs are vital to the synergy of the bottom dollar because of the valuable value they contribute to the pockets of the creative directors in the field of artistic enhancement and development when the sigs are enjoyed by the orb consumer clientele through the act of observing them and also the exponential growth of the userbase provides new sigs to contribute to the positive feedback of the BYOB lifestyle :)

Tebulot

im hip now bois

Chewbecca posted:

The role of Senior Posting Coach is responsible for coaching and developing the next generation of up and coming BYOB superstars - what advice would you give to those looking to 'make it' in the 'YOB today?

Well, some things I can not divulge due to clearances above top secret, those I'll redact appropriately.

But to those aspiring young posting professionals, my recommendation and advice will always be just post, also to post and don't be a Dingus, POST

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Chewbecca posted:

The role of International Humour Liaison here at BYOB™ Enterprises inc. corp. is to ensure harmonious relationships between BYOB posters of all backgrounds and timezones. How do you ensure that "BYOB comedy©", is accessible to all?

i will use the words "gently caress" and "piss" and "arsehole" gratuitously until laughter is acquired

nut

hi I don’t actually need this job I’m rich and famous and strong but I think a side hustle is just the thing to fill the hours where I am only making passive income

deep dish peat moss

Chewbecca posted:

Thank you for that uhhh enlightening journey through your mind.

As I am sure you are well aware, BYOB™ Enterprises inc. corp. has an overreliance on the written medium. As our Chief Artistic Officer its expected you would promote the use of new kinds of posting for our 'next gen' of posters. "Think outside the square" so to speak, really "push the envelope". Yes I invented those phrases, evocative no?

Anyway, what new and exciting mediums and modes of artistic posting are you most excited to promote?

Wow what a great question, thank you for asking it and getting my creative mind flexing. I've had a few thoughts about this recently. For example:

1) Interactive Posts. This is a post where you make a small videogame containing the contents of your post and convince an admin to let you embed it from itch.io into your post. There's a lot you could do with this from making lurkers solve a puzzle in order to see your post text or going as far as interactive storytelling through the medium of posting, which has never been done before.

2) Posts from Outer Space. I'm serious. We need a BYOB poster with a child to raise that child to become an Astronaut and post in BYOB from Outer Space. We would be the very first forum doing this. Or we could convince a current astronaut to do it.

3) A pamphlet of concept art depicting funny joke forms in their early design stages distributed to all new and existing posters, in case it gives them funny ideas.

Chewbecca

nut posted:

hi I don’t actually need this job I’m rich and famous and strong but I think a side hustle is just the thing to fill the hours where I am only making passive income

Thank you for your interest in the part time role of Senior Strategist, within our Future Technologies division here at BYOB™ Enterprises inc. corp.

Our users and customer base have long used desktop computers ("turn on youre monitor©"), and as you may know we have more recently expanded into even smaller, handheld devices to access posts and threads - "Posting, in the palm of your paw!™"

What do you think will be the 'next big technology' in terms of sharing BYOB™ Enterprises inc. corp. content with the world, in order to in increase our market share of the valuable "people who read threads posts and threads on internet forums" cohort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
my greatest weakness is probably bullets or explosions. to be honest, i'm not really great at getting stabbed either

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)