Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

MiracleFlare posted:

I just tried this and my phone collapsed in on itself and became a supermassive black hole. Thanks a lot jerk now my warranty is void

Stick your dick in it for free bixby beezys. It’s a feature, not a bug!

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Sam gonna sung

what can ya do?

(just get a pixel, that's what)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Sourdough Sam posted:

This is what it's like using a samsung phone. One list of contacts only tells lies.

This poo poo drives me up a loving wall, why the gently caress did I pay out the rear end for your fancy folding Phone Samsung if I have to be asked which duplicate Samsung app I should use all of the time for everything? Is it worth rooting the drat thing to remove all of the excess poo poo it came with?

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

sigher posted:

This poo poo drives me up a loving wall, why the gently caress did I pay out the rear end for your fancy folding Phone Samsung if I have to be asked which duplicate Samsung app I should use all of the time for everything? Is it worth rooting the drat thing to remove all of the excess poo poo it came with?

flip phones cost :10bux: so you get what you pay for

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
been rockin a Motorola G for a long time. idk if its good or not, and i dont care

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I have never been able to access my voicemail on 2 phones running now because I don't want to change my phone number.

So no voicemail for like 4 years I have to tell everyone don't ever leave me a voice message.
I went in to like the ATT and Verizon store and they're like yeah we can't help you

Something to do with Samsung phones I had an S10 and now I have their S20 FE phone

I like the phone but I do wish I could listen to voicemail

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
My samsung phone is pretty old and every samsung update makes the samsung phone perform worse. Like 80% of its samsung memory is just immediately consumed by garbage samsung apps I've never touched, never will, and didn't want. I can't get rid of them, or disable them. I can only assume this is a ploy to try and force people to upgrade to a new samsung phone.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008

itry posted:

Try shouting HEY BIXBY UNINSTALL YOURSELF

Have I got the phone for you https://store.mudita.com/mudita-pure-minimalist-phone-pebble-gray

drat, that poo poo looks pretty rad

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

20 Blunts posted:

been rockin a Motorola G for a long time. idk if its good or not, and i dont care

I have a One 5G Ace, and same

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

My in-laws both have Samsung S-somethings and whenever they ask me how to do something it's almost always "what the gently caress is this, just use the stock Android version. Also for the love of god stop using the Verizon texting app"

Bad Purchase posted:

i had a nexus back before they came up with the name "pixel" and it was a pile of poo poo and i'll never buy google hardware again

it did get software updates for a few years, and was barely useable through all of them

I had a Galaxy Nexus (first device with 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich :woop:) and it was awesome until the next Android release. Then it was slow.

Pixels are better. They've never had very good camera hardware or crazy specs but they hang in there a long time

E: although apparently the Pixel 6 finally has something approaching a real camera? I haven't seen one yet

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

pixel 6 camera is really good and i can overlook the beefy awkwardness of the phone. its only kinda awkward but also super slippery, but the construction is nice, and the pixel 6a isn't going to have the new camera but its going to presumably have the weird and heavy form factor. so uhhh? kinda misses the point.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Hey Samsung I heard your new phone is comin out and lots a folk is liable to buy one
What say we cozy up and make a deal, I'll pay you a genu-wine dividend if you include my app that passively searches your location for premium horse cum dealers

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Bixby is the Taylor Kitsch of smartphone software, no matter how hard Samsung keeps trying to make it A Thing, nobody wants it or cares for it to be A Thing

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

you can take your samsung phone, shiiiiiiiiine it up real nice, AND TURN THAT SUM-BITCH SIDEWAYS AND STICK IT STRAIGHT UP YOUR CANDY rear end!!!!!

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags

Peggy Edson posted:

imagine buying anything but a Pixel for an Android phone lmao

I've been using Pixel phones for the last six years. Was looking to update my Pixel 4 but my work had money left over in their tech slush fund just gave me a brand new S22. ooooh thank you??

I spent two hours replacing the Samsung apps with Google ones and with Nova launcher I got it as close to how I like it as possible.

But having two clocks, calendars and diallers is frustrating as hell

Nowher fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jul 14, 2022

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

Nowher posted:

But having two clocks, calendars and diallers is frustrating as hell

i remember when it was good to have at least 2 clocks on your android home screen

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It was never good, it’s just android was so bad you needed a second opinion about something as simple as what the time is.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

What the gently caress is 'upday'

https://www.insider.com/upday-is-a-rival-to-apple-news-that-is-only-available-on-samsung-phones-2017-5

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
Has Samsung actually made a single worthwhile phone for the last 3 years?

Also, lul at buying a Samsung phone and then being surprised that it's full of trash.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
At some point ever society has to come to terms with what happens on phones.

Spoiler alert: it involves AI Capone and people will tell you it is hard Sci fi.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I liked my LG phone better than my Samsung

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Charles Bukowski posted:

I liked my LG phone better than my Samsung

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Capital can suck my dick

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Love buying a phone boasting a whopping 16 gb of storage only to find 14 of those are taken up by useless bullshit i didn't want and can't remove (some can be "disabled", which does not in fact remove them), and the remaining 2 get eaten by using instagram for five seconds.

Also gently caress all apps that refuse to work if you root the phone, i will murder anyone that writes software of this kind.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I just got an S22 Ultra, there's not much useless crap on it. Mostly some lovely google apps you can't get rid of.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Narzack posted:

drat, that poo poo looks pretty rad

You know poo poo's getting annoying when a $370 minimalist phone is an attractive idea.

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Has Samsung actually made a single worthwhile phone for the last 3 years?

Also, lul at buying a Samsung phone and then being surprised that it's full of trash.

The hardware itself is fine. Too bad about all the junk though.

itry fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jul 14, 2022

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

I dunno I bought a pixel 6 instead and my only complaint is that it's not the size of an iPhone 4S.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
My 'waterproof'' Samsung S10 broke when I gave it a quick rinse under the tap one day.

My 'waterproof' Samsung Galaxy Active 2 watch that came with a swim app and was advertised with images of people swimming broke after 4 months of swimming. (Warranty doesn't cover water damage).

My next phone was a 200 dollar Chinese Poco X3 that's got a flagship level cpu in it for a quarter of the price and lol I'm never buying a Samsung anything again.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Managed to uninstall most of the bloatware using ADB, except for something called 'Work profile' which I don't know the package name for. Apparently it doesn't actually delete that poo poo altogether but to do that I'd presumably have to root the phone and since I'm not very tech-savvy I don't wanna blow it up by accident. At least I don't have to look at all of it any more.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Mine has a demo for the game Uno on it, which needs you to sign up to play it.
Never have, never will. For a loving demo.
Even when I uninstall the bastard, it appears back again.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

After a couple of samsung galaxy phones my pixel 4a is the best phone I've ever owned. I'll probably never buy a third party/flagship android phone ever again

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Google Pixels are good because they’re like a big red flag that says “This person is a weird goon/computer toucher. Stay away from them unless you want to be bored to tears listening to stories of their favorite final fantasy game, or like, coding or some other dumb bullshit.”

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
i don't care about my phone brand or yours

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

If you can recognize a phone at a glance or through a case then you are probably the insufferable half of any normal, casual social interaction.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

Google Pixels are good because they’re like a big red flag that says “This person is a weird goon/computer toucher. Stay away from them unless you want to be bored to tears listening to stories of their favorite final fantasy game, or like, coding or some other dumb bullshit.”

This is entirely accurate, except I am too dumb and impatient for RPGs and have never finished one

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Let me show you my coding

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
You can use capital to get your dick sucked fyi

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

kntfkr posted:

You can use capital to get your dick sucked fyi

Is this true???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

....accurate