Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Was super excited to play the actual game Wargame but it's a painful slog of a learning curve and gave up after a day of playing.

Paradox games will never betray me but their DLCs might

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Flight sims, but IL-2 is chill & fun but needs some equipment. DCS needs a lot more homework.

Naval sim, but Cold Waters looks fun but I don't really have time to invest in new games.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Makes me nostalgic for my childhood. I had 4 and played Battle of Mers-el-Kebir scenario for like a month on repeat

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i also imagine that the "professional edition" is where the studio makes most of their money anyways. their website lists the four U.S. service branches as customers, military research labs, lockheed and boeing; and the luftwaffe, the royal navy and the australian military. the civilian version is just a bonus

I wonder how much business Bohemia Interactive got for their professional OpFlash/ArmA variant. Dunno if it was split off from them or ended entirely.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

Anyone ever play the Crisis in the Kremlin remake or its followups from Kremlingames? The translation of earlier stuff is rough, although I was never able to really get into the later ones either. I bring them up because the sort of 'choose your own adventure' political system they center around seem to be what all the big alternate history mods for HOI4 try to force that game to do.

Also in the game about the collapse of the Eastern bloc there is an achievement for making Albania into an Iranian style religious government.

I remember playing the first Tom Clancy game, Politika, Crisis in the Kremlin - but it was Russia-only and boring.