Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

we should play cuba libre on tabletop sim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

nice selfquote homo

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

lol badass i will enjoy playing it ten years from now when it gets a digital version

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the ui for FoG:E is pretty bad.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Tankbuster posted:

Would say that Meiou and taxes 3 is really fun if you are playing in europe. The entire gameplay loop is about building trade and other stuff alongside funni pre capitalist industry. Oh and there is an involved centralization system too.

The fact that estates demanding privilleges hasn't been implemented yet is a major bummer

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

aurora 2.0 is out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

cool buy me it

Badactura posted:

Ok I take it back in still really terrible at Wargame. I just don't know how to respond to like 30 cheap tanks plowing through my line

step 1: have tanks with stabilizers
step 2: back away
step 3(actually step zero): have artillery

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i assume israel and iran do

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

*completely deadened emotional affect* I can't wait for terra invicta tommorow

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Eu4 should probably not run until 1820

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

When paradox did actual expansion packs those would meaningfully revamp core systems of the game

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Brandon Proust posted:

it’s a modern paradox game, why the gently caress does anyone give a poo poo

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

this time will be different!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I have not seen America or Russia collapse once

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

hoi4 and its consequences have been a disaster from the human race

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

are we not allowed to criticize the design of the game

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

happy for you maybe ill give it a try sometime

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

they should make a pc empire of the sun

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

that doesnt look like its enough of a thing to be worth 30 dollars how does it stack up to bravo romeo delta

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

On steam is civ 4 bts standalone or do I need to reinstall base civ 4 as well

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I got Second Front and these scenarios seem hard????

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Oh thank God it's not just me

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

rule the waves iii is very good

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

it is very funny that the rule the waves iii devs apparently never thought to increase starting ranges post 1940

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

they should make a pc version of next war so i dont have to do so much book keeping

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Mister Bates posted:

Field of Glory 2 also plugs in to their turn-based grand strategy game Field of Glory Empires, completely replacing that game’s extremely simplified combat system if you own both - instead FoG II starts up, you fight the battle in that, and then you go back to Empires with the result imported. It’s like a groggier, lower-production-values Total War.

the battle generator is not worth it imo and Empires UI needs some major work

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

is it me or is the unit ai in command modern operations noticeably shittier than its predecessor

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

They keep updating it to have more capabilities, and for the simulation of certain things like missile dynamics to be much more complicated (because the Ukraine War is driving interest in the Professional Edition IMO), but the side effect is that AI now needs to account for some pretty insane levels of simulation granularity, beaming missiles and other air combat manoeuvring for example. I don't think it's up to the task.

this is so sad

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

inferis posted:

every war without us involvement causes regional crisis

I mean, yeah

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

bandai is so stupid for not making a gundam miniatures game

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I hate active stealth!! I hate active stealth!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

how do i get the communists to give me diamond money do I need to do the pamphlet side quest

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

protip: the biff mission requires you to fight off 3 waves of bad guys not just one

e: oh this is like the endgame stuff what the heck did I do to trigger this

Stairmaster has issued a correction as of 20:13 on Jul 25, 2023

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

theres a mr.president mod on tts now but it doesn't have the manual

E: GMT has it on its website https://gmtwebsiteassets.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/mrpres/MRPRES_GoverningManual_WebSize.pdf

Stairmaster has issued a correction as of 23:16 on Jul 28, 2023

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

how many folks in this thread actually bought mr.president

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

hmm i probably should not be doing abduction missions in xenonaut 2 till i get some upgraded equipment huh

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

xenonauts 2 protip: make sure your base has a full garrison even when you got guys away on missions. just had my base attacked 37 days in and I only had four guys to defend it with.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Am I supposed to be sending out the helicopter when little activity notices pop up on the map?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

but will my planes shoot missiles at the enemy fighters now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I gave in and bought workers and resources but now I cant get my construction offices to pick up foreign workers? Can someone help from like step 1 of this process.

E: nvm it started working praise lenin

double e: I don't have loving bricks???????

Stairmaster has issued a correction as of 00:43 on Aug 20, 2023