Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Raskolnikov38 posted:

wargame red dragon is p fun, the 2nd korean war campaign is hilarious

i bought this a few years ago but am way too stupid for it, coudlnt figure it out after half an hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

alpha centauri is a very good game

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

civ 6 is sadly not very good, i love civ games but it's hard to enjoy. the climate change stuff is kinda cool but you can get that in alpha centauri too.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

be kind in this thread, many of us haven't seen our penises in years

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Raskolnikov38 posted:

make birth of the federation 2 cowards!!! who cares if you dont have the trek license anymore

from many weeks and pages ago but hell yeah birth of the federation kicks rear end

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

AnimeIsTrash posted:

going to buy ck3 and all $1000 wroth of dlc

me too

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

there are bronze age mods for imperator and ck3. i think the crusader kings one hasn't been updated in a while though.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

imperator was very polarizing because some people really, really loved it. i never played it though. maybe it sucks.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Maximo Roboto posted:

Is that any different from CK 2? I do like how in that one you can get stochastic random building caused by adventurers from your house going and invading random places, if you're say Norse pagan.

i really like getting alexanders bloodline in ck2, being able to invade empire level titles made map painting so much easier. and for some reason that is how i like to play my paradox games even crusader kings.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Danann posted:

only seven more days until victoria 3 :monocle:

im so mad about the release date because i have to actually go to the office all next week instead of working from home, so i wont even be able to pretend to work while playing victoria 3 for 40 hours until the following week :mad:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Brandon Proust posted:

it’s a modern paradox game, why the gently caress does anyone give a poo poo

i preordered it and im gonna play it tomorrow

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

victoria 3 comes out at 9 am central time toDAY

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

:eyepop:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

trying to speed through my work today so i can start playing victoria 3

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

so far i have really been enjoying victoria 3, i like how abstracted out warfare is, having a front and hoping your generals win feels like a good choice. that said it is kind of annoying that only one battle can happen at a time, like i was at war with the north german federation as russia, i had like 400 battalions deployed across a pretty big front, why are only a few of them engaging at once? anyway i am sure after a few patches and expansions which i will stupidly buy on day 1, this game is going to kick rear end.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Lostconfused posted:

This game still sometimes gets weird character poo poo like CK3 does.

I present you the gentlemen general leading the most powerful political organization in the country.

The only thing it gives him though is the ability to change the country from peasant levies to a militia.

i had the head of the liberal faction have "free marketeer" or something liek that as one of his traits, so i had to wait for him to die in order to get public schools passed so as not to make the extremely large and in-govenrment liberal faction pissed off.

but after that i got a lot of approval for public education.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

how does electricity work in victoria 3, do i need to make power plants in every state or can it be traded across my country's market?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

raise taxes, try importing/exporting if your laws have tariffs. i stupidly way overbuilt government admin buildings so i have massive amounts of extra bureaucracy, maintaining massive trade routes is not an issue in my game. im makign a ton of money off it, so i will never change my laws away from protectionism.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

we are going to improve the following categories of our historical economic, diplomacy, and warfare game: historic immersion, economy, diplomacy, and warfare

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i wish i was invested enough in elder scrolls lore to enjoy the elder kings mod for crusader kings 3, oh well. i think after the end is supposed to be released this month.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i have been having fun playing the after the end mod for crusader kings 3

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Tankbuster posted:

After the End came out?

open beta, it's not on steam workshop yet so you gotta download it off the reddit: https://old.reddit.com/r/AfterTheEndFanFork/comments/z99n29/after_the_end_ck3_open_beta/

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

doing fornite dances on the walls of byzantium before getting vaporized by ottoman cannon

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Cuttlefush posted:

what's the mod called though :evilbuddy:

V. Illych L. posted:

which game is this

it is 100% the hoi4 mod kaiserreich. i am eagerly awaiting their russia rework which will probably come on in 2027.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

finally, an hoi4 mod for the discerning strategy game fan: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2868085985

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

have they fixed late game slowdown in victoria 3 yet? i know thats a problem with all games like this but it was particularly awful on release and i know they said they were looking into it.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

there is a peninsular campaign dlc for napoleon total war

napoleon and empire total war have sea combat but its kinda janky. looks very cool though.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

not really a strategy game but the sea battles in sid meiers pirates are a lot of fun

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

people leaking classified information to win arguments on the war thunder forums is, in my opinion, the funniest possible thing to happen online

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the game of thrones mod for crusader kings 3 releases tomorrow. i am looking forward to this. thank you for reading.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Tankbuster posted:

You can just play the entirely superior elder kings 2 mod instead.

i dont know enough about elder scrolls lore to get into it tbh

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

KirbyKhan posted:

Thank u 4 sharing

you are welcome kirbykhan. i hope you have fun playing it, if you choose to. i sure will.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

yeah i cant really do tno, too much text, not enough actual gameplay. like clickign national focuses and reading event text is not the most fun part of hoi4.

the cold war iron curtain mod is pretty fun. theres meant to be a big update coming at some point with among other things a bunch more successors to stalin.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Dreylad posted:

i still think about the youtube channel Real Life Lore and get mad lol

getting insanely pissed off at this, as well

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Mantis42 posted:

The Brits were too arrogant to even let the other white parts of their empire have an equal seat at the table, no way would they let the Indians in there. Plus imagine all the crazy poo poo that happens in India politics but now it's happening in Whitehall. The South Asian MPs would vastly outnumber the Anglo MPs, to the point of making them a vestigial organ. How do you even pretend it's the same polity with the same concerns at that point? It would reveal the absurdity at the heart of empire quicker than the actual Raj did.

there are 7 indian states with a larger population, one pakistani province, bangladesh is rather more compact but its population dwarfs the uk... this is incredible to think about how few seats in parliament the uk would get if you kept the current number of MPs at 550.

actually i just did the math, there are about 1.8 billion people in the subcontinent. add 68 mil for the uk, divide by 550, rounding it up gives you 3.4 million people per constituency. accordingly the whole UK would get 20 seats in parliament. that rocks. we should make this happen.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

there is a ck2 achievement for holding the empire of brittania title as a ruler with indian (i mean there are a bunch in the game i am just using this as shorthand) culture or religioin, i forget which

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i have to imagine for the TW games it's hard to balance realism, versimillitude (like what people think battles were like vs reality), and actual fun and balanced gameplay

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

yeah this is just reality lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i havent played stellaris in like 18 months, is it still fun or did they reimagine the game again and make it stupid