Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Orange Devil posted:

Yeah Panzer Corps has had bad vibes since they started doing infinite alternate history scenario's for the Germans, which started about 2 seconds after the release of the base game.

im gonna create a wargame that poses the question "what if the germans were even worse and dumber"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Mister Bates posted:

the Outworlds Alliance are basically the only group in the setting that actually bother having elections and aren’t some variety of dystopia

they also get so little content that they barely even exist

battletech cashing in on 40k grimdark vibes

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

realised i had purchased BATTLETECH at some point in the past and, drat, the ai really really likes hitting damaged mechs again and again and again

managed to gently caress up on the second campaign mission by getting a mech stuck in a choke point, blocking my other mechs, and compounded the mistake by then somehow accidentally facing that mech away from the 3 or 4 hostiles out of the choke. the mech ultimately survived, but the pilot is now injured for 60 days. i am good at games

the accidental facing thing just makes me feel that any similar game that doesn't copy into the breach's movement system is being user-hostile. into the breach lets you mess around with a unit's movement to your heart's content, but the move is only 'committed' after you use a weapon or similar ability. very nice when you're messing with positions

also is there any way to disable the slow-rear end mech walking animations?

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

good poo poo

so like canning must have been a pretty significant development in military history?

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

extremely good poo poo, cheers. i knew in a very abstract way that old-timey armies had big trains of followers and such, and that logistics is a huge part of military life. but you _never_ hear about it or see it portrayed or anything, and don't realise what 10,000 men marching around wherever means in practice, etc etc

my dad posted:

You can unironically apply the rocket equation to a pre-modern army's non-looting logistics.

e: Hell, in many ways, it's measuring the same damned thing.

the exact same thing occurred to me!

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

rtses died because the tick tock has ruined our kids attention spans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Bro Dad posted:

its a parody on how american soldiers/fascists in movies immediately scream AIR SUPPORT the second someone fires back at them, "future" my rear end

i don't blame them tbh