Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FART BOSS
Aug 27, 2008

~hands upon harrows
heels in the weeds
starving and harvesting
down centuries~

I bought this set off an old lady on facebook for about 7 bucks. Everything on my super famicom is dark as hell. I get the same result from both the front and back component inputs.

Assuming this thing is hosed. Shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FART BOSS
Aug 27, 2008

~hands upon harrows
heels in the weeds
starving and harvesting
down centuries~

mysteryberto posted:

You say component but do you mean composite? Can you try a different input device on it?

Oh yep you’re totally right I meant composite. Composite is the only input the set has unfortunately.

FART BOSS
Aug 27, 2008

~hands upon harrows
heels in the weeds
starving and harvesting
down centuries~

Yeah the static looks normal in tv mode. I guess it could be a cable problem?

Edit: No menus, at least not without a remote. And as far as I can tell no way to get “video” out of the corner.

FART BOSS fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Aug 28, 2022

FART BOSS
Aug 27, 2008

~hands upon harrows
heels in the weeds
starving and harvesting
down centuries~

I ended up going back to the lady I bought it from and swapping it for another set she was selling. It's not a trinitron but at least now I can raise acts in peace

FART BOSS
Aug 27, 2008

~hands upon harrows
heels in the weeds
starving and harvesting
down centuries~

Shibawanko posted:

that looks like a good set, what inputs does it have?

Looks like this one does in fact have component. Doesn't do my SFC much good but I guess its good to have in case I really go hogwild and build a mister someday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FART BOSS
Aug 27, 2008

~hands upon harrows
heels in the weeds
starving and harvesting
down centuries~

FART BOSS posted:

Looks like this one does in fact have component. Doesn't do my SFC much good but I guess its good to have in case I really go hogwild and build a mister someday.

I am pleased to report that I am now on the verge of going hogwild. I need some help deciding how to go about connecting a Mister to this thing though.

There are a few interesting options available: the only reputable source of Mister parts/addons near me is a shop on Taobao/Aliexpress called RetroCastle - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/912024455?spm=a2g0o.detail.100005.2.18224dc6VgvR2T

They do two versions of the IO board: a typical VGA board and a board that has Sega Saturn composite/S-video out. The SS board is tempting since it would be plug and play once I got a saturn cable, but my CRT doesn't do S-video, so I wouldn't be getting the most out of it.

My question about VGA is would a cable like this do the trick to get me all set up with component? I know I would need another solution for audio, but this should at least get me the picture, right?