Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Gat drat I figured I was toast this week after Juju did absolutely nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
What a piece of poo poo team I have assembled in this league. Holy loving poo poo.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

coronaball posted:

What a piece of poo poo team I have assembled in this league. Holy loving poo poo.

Hell, same

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

coronaball posted:

I don't think anyone could have seen J Jeff being this bad through three weeks. Would have thought he'd be matchup proof heading into the season.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Take my perfect record but leave my single week pts crown alone drat it :cry:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

I'm the last team to record their first win but a win is a win :dance:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

My already poo poo team now has no QB and no RB1. Thank God there's no booby prize in this league.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Lockett and DK clearly my best receivers. Just as I expected on draft day.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Someone lost to me even though I started Teddy Bridgewater. :laugh:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I loving knew this week was a trap game.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I would like to go back to the weeks where my team looked good and not like absolute dogshit.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

I would like to go back to the weeks where my team looked good and not like absolute dogshit.

This but the exact opposite

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

YOLO I must compliment you on your FA valuation skills and also who hurt you??

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

This is known as the FAAB Double Jinx

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Beaten to Toney by mere seconds :argh:

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Beaten to Toney by mere seconds :argh:

Hunting no fun when the rabbits got the waiver priority?

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Duck season!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Looks like the new lead holder for the high score prize at the end of the season is Saison Barley with 168.8!

That's a tough beat but definitely not impossible. I think it'd be the lowest high score we've had in a few years.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Quiet Feet posted:

Looks like the new lead holder for the high score prize at the end of the season is Saison Barley with 168.8!

That's a tough beat but definitely not impossible. I think it'd be the lowest high score we've had in a few years.

please nobody beat it, I need beer

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
so glad it happened when i put together one of my best weeks...

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Trade deadline is in three days! Send out those offers now! Hot single kickers are awaiting your call!

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Last chance to make me not have both good tight ends!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

spacejung posted:

Last chance to make me not have both good tight ends!

Would love Andrews but have absolutely no idea what I would offer you that wouldn't wreck my team in some other area. :shrug:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

What could we offer the man who has everything!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

If all of

Dog Lager loses
Indianapolis Kolsch wins
Trippel Option loses
Pliny the Younghoe wins
Saison Barley loses

Then Ale division will have a 5-way tie for 1st at 7-6. Tiebreaker is PF and the current leaderboard in Ale (minus Alex Smith's Mangled Leg) is

Indianapolis Kolsch
Saison Barley
Dog Lager
Trippel Option
Pliny the Younghoe

Kolsch is almost 100 points or more over any of the remaining teams and isn't likely to get knocked out of that spot barring some really bad games and really incredible performances by teams below. Barley and Dog Lager are within 20-ish points of one another, with Trippel about 60+ points below either. Pliny is gonna struggle to make up those points as that team is about 200 points below Kolsch.

Much more exciting than the boring Lager division, right?

Lol, I'm apparently 5-0 in divisional games entering this week (next best is 3-2) and really wish that that was the tiebreaker. :sludgepal:

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Embrace the chaos!

I'm currently projected to win by 30 but that's exactly the sort of game I usually lose by 10

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

I am enjoying Lager division.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

Lol, I'm apparently 5-0 in divisional games entering this week (next best is 3-2) and really wish that that was the tiebreaker. :sludgepal:

It is in the event of a PF tie right? So you got that goin

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Embrace the chaos!

I'm currently projected to win by 30 but that's exactly the sort of game I usually lose by 10

Now Mixon is out. IT STARTS

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

itshappening.gif

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Even with two teams at 8-5 and two at 7-6, Ale is only a little easier to predict. There are no divisional matchups this week to simplify things so there are a bunch of possible scenarios. Mainly did this to see if there was some way for me to lose and be out of the playoffs because ffs that's exactly how my season would end. But it looks like...

1: Every Ale team wins. Great, the standings work out exactly as they are.

2: Saison Barley wins. Dog Lager, wins or loses. Indianapolis Kolsch and Trippel Option lose. Pliny the Younghoe wins. Division champ remains Barely and Dog Lager takes the 1st wild card. This results in a 3-way tie for the last wild card spot but current PF would give this to Kolsch, with Trippel and Pliny needing massive games that don't seem within the real of possibility.

3: Saison Barley loses. Dog Lager Loses, Kolsch wins, Trippel Wins. Four way tie at 8-6. PF are currently Kolsch, Barley, Dog and then Trippel, who would likely, but not necesarily, be the odd man out as there's a lot of space between each team now. Kolsch would take the division/#2 seed on points. Then presumably Barley and then Dog are in as the wild cards. Trippel would need a game that nets them ~50 more points than Dog Lager. Tall order but not impossible, especially this week with Dog Lager's woes.

4: Barley wins. Dog Lager loses. Kolsch and Trippel both win. 3-way tie at 8-6 for the last two wild cards. Based on points that's likely be Kolsch and Dog Lager but, as in #3, that last spot could be Trippel's with a really good game anda really bad game by Dog.

5: Barley loses. Dog Lager wins. Only way for Dog Lager to retake the division and the #2 seed. Barley gets the 2nd WC spot and Trippel and Kolsch are locked in a basement with a fork and whoever comes out alive wins comes down to if one wins and the other loses, or PF as usual if they both come out with the same record.

Barley has a tough matchup with Coorsdarelle, who they're right next to in PF and with similar records. Dog Lager lost its QB, has one of its two RBs on bye and is going up against this year's horrible murder buzzsaw team, Seven-Round Mock Draught, and you could probably write that "L" in Sharpie right now and feel confident you won't have to erase it later. Kolsch and Trippel have theoretically easier matchups against the 4-9 Russel Wilson Rauchbier and 5-8 Barrel-aged Tom Brady. Whereas Pliny has drawn a very good Trappist Friermuth team and is gonna need a hell of a lot of luck.

Pouring one out to Alex Smith's Mangled Leg.

Think that #4 is the most likely. My luck being what it is I'll end up in the consolation bracket where I'll be knocked out in the second round because the fantasy gods like to get my hopes up before dashing them.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

I’m sorry He Got That Dog.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Worthleast posted:

I’m sorry He Got That Dog.

This type of super narrow loss is the thing I hate the most about FF. Like any of a hundred different things could change and it's a win so I legit lost sleep last night because my brain wouldn't stop whirring away. Any of Tannehill not throwing a pick, Chubb not turning to poo poo now that Watson has slam dunked the Browns offense in the trash, the Eagles D not giving up that last TD, Palmer's last catch going for just two more yards. Geno or Lockett managing just one more catch. Any of that or a ton of other little things. Ugh. I'd rather my team gets its doors completely blown off so that nothing could have made a difference.

Went from fighting for the #2 seed to slight chance I don't even make the playoffs with how the tiebreakers work. Trippel would need massive games from Marquise Brown and Hunter Henry but this game is dumb and with the way my luck keeps sputtering out at the end of the season. :shrug:

I think I have an outsized emotional stake in this league because I've come so close so often, and placing top-3 in my first two seasons has set my expectations super high. Kind of debating if I should take 2023 off to reset my brain.

I hope I wouldn't even have to say this but I'm not like mad at you specifically. :hfive:

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Quiet Feet posted:

I think I have an outsized emotional stake in this league because I've come so close so often, and placing top-3 in my first two seasons has set my expectations super high. Kind of debating if I should take 2023 off to reset my brain.

I hope I wouldn't even have to say this but I'm not like mad at you specifically. :hfive:

I feel bad, but that’s a hell of a week considering what you were missing. I’m still amazed at how well the two SEA WRs have worked out for you.

You’ve been a great commish and competitor. Thanks for letting me join the league in the first place. I’m usually not a murder buzzsaw team so this is a nice change of pace.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
welp, with kyler going out minutes into the game, that's sealing my fate

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Veritek83 posted:

Condolences dude.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Veritek83 posted:

yeah, that was some poo poo; i was definitely sweating that one

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Welp, it's playoffs time! Really have a feeling not getting that bye puts an end to my season.

Most of us have been here for years now and already know but remember to set your lineups if you're in the consolation bracket! You're still playing for a prize!

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

that sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Congrats to Spacejung not only on winning here but getting to knock another of my crappy teams out of the playoffs in another league this upcoming week. :shepface: