Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I think we should joke about what we want, but at the same time respect others' feelings. If something is particularly triggering to someone, we should respect them and maybe hold off on joking about a particular topic.

I am okay with the way that BYOB is being run and think that besides the recent dust-up, things have been handled well by the moderation team. Though I will say that I am a little disappointed in Barking Gecko for not handing out more comedy or themed probes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Zil posted:

I think we should joke about what we want, but at the same time respect others' feelings. If something is particularly triggering to someone, we should respect them and maybe hold off on joking about a particular topic.

I am okay with the way that BYOB is being run and think that besides the recent dust-up, things have been handled well by the moderation team. Though I will say that I am a little disappointed in Barking Gecko for not handing out more comedy or themed probes.

I haven't been probed since '019. don't rlly remember what it feels like tbh. 'twas 2 long ago

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Zil posted:

to add to the ever-increasing chorus of complaints about Barking Gecko, they are a coward and a tyrant for closing the 'The last person to post in this thread will become a billionaire' thread.

E: i retract this complaint on condition that the billionaire thread is reopened ASAP under the conditions agreed to in the "Reopen the Billionaire Thread" thread

Kaiser Schnitzel fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jul 18, 2022

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Tebulot

im hip now bois

nut posted:

it’s gonna be so easy to hug his rear end

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I hate it when we fight :(

I've always loved the "Island of chill and magic" aspect of BYOB.

If something isn't chill or magical, and it washes up on our shores, maybe we could look at it, or even smell it, but some things maybe shouldn't be touched?

:love::love::love:

Robot Made of Meat

Jett has always had an amazingly lucid way of viewing things.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Goons Are Gifts

Thank you everyone for your thoughts on this and everything in general!

We thought we'll just keep this thread around for potential later use, if ever, as a general feedback thread. You can always pm or email us if you'd like, as well as bring something up itt, whatever it may be, so we have a good place to talk about it sincerely without pushing any other thread out of proportions. I'll have this bookmarked, so it can easily disappear beyond the front page of byob in the mean time, but we want to make it clear that everyone can their opinion make heard about how this lovely colorful place is run :peanut:

Now, let's post :posthaste:

edit: I've edited the op of the thread to reflect the more general approach of this thread, will change the title uhm once I remember to do so on my laptop ehhh phone mod buttons are so small

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jul 31, 2022

nut

once a week everyone votes to send someone to the grinder, which can be blocked with super veto power or if you can crowdfund enough money from the studio and home audience. should you still end up at the grinder you can answer skill testing questions to sacrifice only parts of yourself and return to enact your revenge

Heather Papps

hello friend

nut posted:

once a week everyone votes to send someone to the grinder, which can be blocked with super veto power or if you can crowdfund enough money from the studio and home audience. should you still end up at the grinder you can answer skill testing questions to sacrifice only parts of yourself and return to enact your revenge

every two (2) weeks we empty the grinder and make sausage and everyone gets together and does a game or challenge and the loser has to eat the sausage

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
delete byob and perma all regulars

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
also instate a forum wide ban on "chill" content

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Goons Are Gifts

hello hi byob it is me, Mrs Butt R. Field, Esquire the Third and I'm here to delegate work away from myself and onto you let interested people participate in important things, because sometimes the devilish admins ask us mods to give them a rundown on how our forums are doing and that means I have to TYPE and POST and THINK and use WORDS and that's :effort: so luckily that's why we have you, the people of byob, to do all of that for me

Tell me what happened this year and what you think, what's your favorite thread, poster, post, joke, forum hero and especially forum villain, what was the worst thing we, the mods, did to you this year and what else do you think today?
Doesn't have to be about byob alone really just tell me your thoughts about literally anything, I'm going to emptyquote all of this into the mod forum and let the admins can sort out if it's useful or not I mean come on do I look like I will do THEIR WORK???

sb hermit

right now, my general vibe about byob is that it's cool and good and chill and welcoming and posters here tend to be reasonable

also, I wish there was a new killzone because I miss getting probations from nine gear crow

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
That Rarity girl is so smart and witty and gosh she's so beautiful I wish I could get my hair as shiny as her

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Stoner Sloth

Rarity posted:

That Rarity girl is so smart and witty and gosh she's so beautiful I wish I could get my hair as shiny as her

many people saying this

Twenty Four

Grinches are Glowing posted:

what's your favorite poster

It's probably like a smokin' hot babe in a bikini holding a big gun or power tool and posing sexy style next to some super expensive foreign sports car and it says something badass like "2 Hot 4 U" in fancy cursive writing at a slant up in the corner. Oh, and it's hanging above a toolbox in a garage, obviously, and there's probably a tiny calendar or a nascar schedule or something at the bottom as an excuse to make it "functional" even though it's years out of date, and it's sponsored by some beer company or something similar. It's the most "poster" that a poster could be.

Twenty Four

really though, byob is good

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Twenty Four posted:

really though, byob is good

:agreed:

nut

needs more money for the posters

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Look who's back :allears:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Twenty Four posted:

It's probably like a smokin' hot babe in a bikini holding a big gun or power tool and posing sexy style next to some super expensive foreign sports car and it says something badass like "2 Hot 4 U" in fancy cursive writing at a slant up in the corner. Oh, and it's hanging above a toolbox in a garage, obviously, and there's probably a tiny calendar or a nascar schedule or something at the bottom as an excuse to make it "functional" even though it's years out of date, and it's sponsored by some beer company or something similar. It's the most "poster" that a poster could be.

you are wrong. tennis player girl scratching her arse is the best poster

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i mean you just can't get any more classic than this

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

sb hermit

Rarity posted:

Stoner Sloth posted:

many people saying this

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Rarity posted:

I wish I had her hair tbqh

Thanks to Dumb Sex-Parrot for the Christmas citrusy sig!

more falafel please posted:

just turn that impostor syndrome into "I'm Poster" syndrome

xcheopis

Things would be better if that fucker Brent would stop with his uncool crimes already. Enough is enough, Brent!

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

Goons Are Gifts

Dr. Honked posted:

i mean you just can't get any more classic than this

I instantly scratched my rear end watching this

Shifty Nipples

Grinches are Glowing posted:

I instantly scratched my rear end watching this

it made me think of Kylie Minogue

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Shifty Nipples posted:

it made me think of Kylie Minogue

TIME

IS SPINNING AROUND

Heather Papps

hello friend

make changing forum titles simpler somehow. it seems like the process as it stands is kind of involved.

Heather Papps

hello friend

a dork mode option that just puts a pair of glasses on the hammock kitty

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Heather Papps posted:

make changing forum titles simpler somehow. it seems like the process as it stands is kind of involved.

its really not hard at all one of the mods just posts in the right thread in the mod forum and then a day or three later an admin gets around to changing it i imagine that the hold up is that the byob mods are incredibly chill and not in a hurry

E: plz do not perma me for leaking the inner secrets of the mod forums

Heather Papps

hello friend

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

its really not hard at all one of the mods just posts in the right thread in the mod forum and then a day or three later an admin gets around to changing it i imagine that the hold up is that the byob mods are incredibly chill and not in a hurry

E: plz do not perma me for leaking the inner secrets of the mod forums

that sounds kinda involved to me but i have never been a moderator so i am not used to the way things work.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Heather Papps posted:

that sounds kinda involved to me but i have never been a moderator so i am not used to the way things work.

i agree it would be nice if the mods could change the name of their forum at will but apparently that is impossible for compuiter reasons or something

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

better yet just put me in charge of forum titles in general

Goons Are Gifts

I agree with all of the above and also we not only have to post in a some thread to wait for an admin to change the title in a matter of days no actually byob gets ignored in our request all the time so I have to resubmit the post AGAIN and ask AGAIN and it's very involved im going to empty quote this into the mod forum and show the admins what this is really about

Goons Are Gifts

I have written a DEAR ASTRAL threadnaught in the mod forum about the above requests especially the last one by Kaiser so either I will now get permad or if I'm not gone by ten minutes from now you can expect implementation in a matter of hours probably, I'm sure astral will make the right choice and not anger the will of our liege

Shifty Nipples

drat, it seems like there are some inefficiencies in that process

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Shifty Nipples

i imagine fyad would appreciate a more streamlined procedure

i like trying to make sense of their forum titles without any context

Goons Are Gifts

Did you know that the report system is built around a robot posting in a report forum and we post about how we react to said report and then an admin has to move it manually into another subforum conveniently called like the resolution we have chosen for said report

yes there is a mod for the report forum and yes we can report reports you don't want to know what happens when we do that, last time the forums were gone for a week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

the other day we lost like 10k posts made in a matter of a week or two because astral tried to change the year of the copyright on the bottom of the page