Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Company has the best consoles and games?
Nintendo
Sega
Sony
Microsoft
View Results

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Fortunately it doesn't have cliffhangers or a long overarching story so the delays for this show haven't really bothered me. It's easy to pick up from where they left off weeks later without feeling like you're forgetting or missing anything, which is the main reason I haven't finished 86. I'm just gonna rewatch the whole thing whenever I get some time.

It seems like it's because of Covid messing up their schedule rather than other internal problems, so hopefully people are understanding about it. It seems to be generally well liked which should give them some leeway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Seems like Isekai Ojisan is unfortunately getting even more delays, this time for an indefinite period. Covid must have really hosed up their production schedule. https://comicbook.com/anime/news/uncle-from-another-world-anime-indefinite-delay/

There's more to the story than "just another covid delay". It seems like the anime was being produced by a skeleton crew staff with little to no outsourcing, and they production was way behind schedule. The would be episode 10 director said on Twitter that they recently quit because they had zero animators under them at the moment (because they were all working on the earlier episodes trying to catch up). I think it'll be a miracle if the show even reaches a conclusion at this point. :negative:

https://twitter.com/IchiiIppei/status/1563711002994040832?s=20&t=3aiME1PdvR8v-mz1l1Lc_A

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Julias posted:

There's more to the story than "just another covid delay". It seems like the anime was being produced by a skeleton crew staff with little to no outsourcing, and they production was way behind schedule. The would be episode 10 director said on Twitter that they recently quit because they had zero animators under them at the moment (because they were all working on the earlier episodes trying to catch up). I think it'll be a miracle if the show even reaches a conclusion at this point. :negative:

https://twitter.com/IchiiIppei/status/1563711002994040832?s=20&t=3aiME1PdvR8v-mz1l1Lc_A

drat :(

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Just turn it into an OVA at this point.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Things going well in uncle land

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-09-09/uncle-from-another-world-anime-restarts-airing-from-episode-1-on-october-6/.189473

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

In case people can't be bothered to click the link, the next ep won't air for at least another two months

quote:

The eighth episode, which was delayed indefinitely, will now air on November 24 at the earliest.
:(

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009
drat. On the flipside at least they've set a date to resume, and 2 months isn't that long. Better than some shows that delay their sequels for years...

Edit: I'd rather wait 2 months and then back to weekly consistency, rather than delays of unknown length for every episode.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Jomo posted:

drat. On the flipside at least they've set a date to resume, and 2 months isn't that long.

That's not even a set date from the studio, the article was only speculating it might resume then

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
drat, talk about a cursed production. Here's hoping the entire cour gets released eventually, and it doesn't just disappear into the void somehow

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Soiled Meat
Watched the first two episodes and I have been charmed.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Episode 8 aired in Japan yesterday, so it should be getting subbed sometime soon. :f5:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Reminder that there's a post credits scene in case you're one of those people who skip the ED

E: here's a handy upload
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8g1a9v

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009
For those unaware, everything up to episode 12 has been released on :filez: and I assume Netflix? I don't have a Netflix account to check. The episode 13 finale comes out next week.

Show still rocks and has me laughing like an idiot.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Whereabouts is it going to finish up at?

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Believe it or not, Netflix has nothing above episode 7.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Yawgmoft posted:

Probably waiting for the rest of the show to drop, including episode 13 which had been delayed. :negative:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
someone has picked the manga back up and has released a few extras chapters. if you're not caught up to the main chapters, well, the latest main chapter release from a few months ago reveals some tragic information.
https://mangadex.org/title/d8f1d7da-8bb1-407b-8be3-10ac2894d3c6/isekai-ojisan

White Rock
Jul 14, 2007
Creativity flows in the bored and the angry!

Yawgmoft posted:

Weird, I'm on Netflix :sweden: and I watched all 13 episodes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

White Rock posted:

Weird, I'm on Netflix :sweden: and I watched all 13 episodes?

Yeah, the 13th and last ep came out earlier this year, and they uploaded the rest of the series on Netflix after that