Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Man's best friend?
Cat
Dog
Why not both?
Bird
View Results

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I was playing the game and the cat converted to Islam???

Inshallah...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Hard cat mod :toughguy:

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Everyone say ‘thank you Lala’

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Hope she was paid union wages.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Is there a way to return to antvillage if you went through the passage to midtown? I know I could just go back to the chapter, but I don’t want to do it again if I don’t have to.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Doctor Zero posted:

Is there a way to return to antvillage if you went through the passage to midtown? I know I could just go back to the chapter, but I don’t want to do it again if I don’t have to.

no, everything past the slums is divided by points of no return

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Antvillage ended up being one of my favourite locations in the game due to the sheer climbability(sp?) of the area. That, and ruining the mahjong game over and over again for the laffos.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Oxxidation posted:

no, everything past the slums is divided by points of no return

Meh it is what it is. Kinda wish I got a word of warning, but w/e. Thanks!

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

I beat the game. Enjoyed it alot. Will be one my favorites for the year.

After I beat the game, I discovered my cat could RUN by using the R2 button. That would have made the zurk parts so much easier. I struggled with those quite alot, and I would have liked the game even more if I had not struggled.

Funso Banjo fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jul 24, 2022

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I'm amazed you managed to get through some of those segments without running

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

a7m2 posted:

I'm amazed you managed to get through some of those segments without running

I "died" so many freaking times. Everything until the tall building was no problem, but yeah, after that, urgh. Does it it tell you in the tutorial somewhere about running? It probably did and I missed it like an idiot.

vvvv Jesus Christ I'm stupid vvvvv

Funso Banjo fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jul 24, 2022

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Funso Banjo posted:

I "died" so many freaking times. Everything until the tall building was no problem, but yeah, after that, urgh. Does it it tell you in the tutorial somewhere about running? It probably did and I missed it like an idiot.

at the very first chase scene

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Funso Banjo posted:

After I beat the game, I discovered my cat could RUN by using the R2 button. That would have made the zurk parts so much easier. I struggled with those quite alot, and I would have liked the game even more if I had not struggled.

You deserve an trophy for this.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

McCracAttack posted:

No lie, you really do.

ElTacoGato posted:

This legit bummed me out so much. I don't know why they didn't even show a quick post-credits shot of all the cats together, but it definitely left a bit of a sad/sour note for a game I'd otherwise had a good time with

see I absolutely agree, but it's less sad because we know b12 is in the city network again, and the outside walls do have doors he can interface with. So in your headcanon you can easily say he helped the kitty find their family.

But yeah a dlc or sequel would be preferable. One where we help b12 find a new body so he can see the outside :(

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jul 24, 2022

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

OK but hear me out: A sequel where Cat gets reunited with its friends, then returns to the city, finds a new body for B-12, then goes into the sewers to destroy the eye-monsters once and for all

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Drinkslinger posted:

OK but hear me out: A sequel where Cat gets reunited with its friends, then returns to the city, finds a new body for B-12, then goes into the sewers to destroy the eye-monsters once and for all

Stretch that out a bit with ample cool abandoned places and comfy nap areas and that's my dream right now.

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012

Lawlicaust posted:

Leaving a ton of other unanswered questions, ditching the zurk, etc. makes total sense because ultimately the cat gives no poo poo about those things. It’s a cat and does not care about the city. Not giving any closure to the cats reuniting felt bad and unfinished. I had fun with the game but the lack of a reunion makes me like the game less in retrospect. It’s pretty similar to my feelings about Returnal. The ending made of that game made me really dislike everything else and not replay it.

I had been planning on instantly going back in to grab a couple of the achievements I missed, but it definitely put me off enough that I don't know if I will, at least right away.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

see I absolutely agree, but it's less sad because we know b12 is in the city network again, and the outside walls do have doors he can interface with. So in your headcanon you can easily say he helped the kitty find their family.

Yeah, I suppose. I had been looking forward to it all game, though! :(

McCracAttack posted:

Agreed, that is amazing.

Also, I would love a sequel that was just solving puzzles related to helping the robots figure out how to handle living/being outside / dealing with how actual outside differs from all the stories they heard about the outside. Goofy robot shenanigans and cat friend fun!

ElTacoGato fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jul 25, 2022

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

itry posted:

Hope she was paid union wages.

How much cat nip is that?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Drinkslinger posted:

Game legit starts with you outside the door of the mcguffin button you need to push to solve everything, you can complete the game in 45 seconds. Average playtime: 156 hours.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Finished it in just six hours, I loved it overall though I agree the ending where you don't reunite with your cat buddies definitely feels like they wanted sequel bait, or DLC bait or something.

Only took a few shots, mostly of sleeping or hanging out around bars, but drat this game has a real strong aesthetic:

***ENDING NAP SPOILERS***

Now to hunt down the missing two memories and who knows how many badges :argh:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Wolfsheim posted:

***ENDING NAP SPOILERS***

Yeah I didn't move while the roof opened either :smith:

Great pics, yeah the game has a legit mood

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Stray sequel chat: drop in multiplayer coop in an open world. Just cats doing cat stuff in an open world.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Drinkslinger posted:

Also, the sunlight killing the Zurks implies that Doc's purple beam was really just a high-powered UV flashlight.
I'd say that this is outright stated in Doc's notebook.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Everyone say ‘thank you Lala’

Lala looks a lot like my elderly cat :3:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

She does! Precious kitty.

E: Stray is at the top seller spot on steam again today!

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jul 25, 2022

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

pet elderly cat

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

GreyjoyBastard posted:

pet elderly cat

OK now what

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Wait for death as you refuse to move lest you disturb the kitty

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Say pspspsps

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Press meow key

Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...

Go west

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I spent over an hour trying for one trophy (guess which one!) until I finally got it. I'm now trying to go through again to get the speed run trophy, and I do that section in one try.

Games are weird sometimes.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

I spent over an hour trying for one trophy (guess which one!) until I finally got it. I'm now trying to go through again to get the speed run trophy, and I do that section in one try.

Games are weird sometimes.
The early chapter where you can't take any damage?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

xyzzy

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I said come in! posted:

How much cat nip is that?

Hmm... says here her weight in catnip.

good cat

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

You can’t do that right now! Your hand is under a catte.

Slavik
May 10, 2009
Loving this game and its dedicated meow button. My cat is completely engrossed in me playing - Never been so focused on the screen before. So much so he got his little backpack out to cosplay alongside.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

:ohdear:

I’m watching Contrapoints’ play through of the game at the moment and I totally didn’t make the connection that Seamus and Doc are references to Marty McFly and Doc Brown based on the way they’re dressed and styled.

Slavik
May 10, 2009
Just at that point too, got doc right away, (even references 1.21 gigawatts) but didn't pick up Seamus=Marty :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

https://www.techradar.com/news/you-can-now-play-stray-in-splitscreen-multiplayer