Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

:siren:THE EVE THREAD IS NOW HERE: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4040840:siren:

:honk: THIS IS THE MESSY GOOSE DRAMA THREAD UNTIL WE GET BORED OF IT :honk:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

RECOMMENDED CORPS/ALLIANCES
In heavily biased order of coolest to least cool.

Goosefleet [GANDR]: The Hole Squad reboot you're looking for. We live in w-space, honk in local, and also accidentally a sov and it turns out the wormhole upgrade for IHUBs is actually kind cool?

Prismatic Legion [PRISM]: A larger w-space group that is extremely queer, run by queers, and includes queer allies. They're back in w-space, so click this finely crafted link to wormhole.gay

GoonWaffe [GEWNS]: The longest continuously extant and largest (in terms of body weight) goon-based EVE corp. They host a highly industrialized "worker's paradise" down in Delve, with large fleets multiple times a day, as well as smaller specialized fleets. You can read more about them in their PGS thread.
⠀⠀⠀⠀I would not recommend joining GEWNS until there's been some more organizational change to prevent certain abuses of power.

The Greater Goon [GROON]: Weird pineapple people in Syndicate or something. Pretty dead, though. Check 'em out on Discord.

Brave Collective [BRAVE]: They're...okay.

CORPS AND ALLIANCES TO AVOID
  • Imperium corps/alliances other than GoonWaffe
  • No Forks Given [SPORK]
  • Psychotic Tendencies [TISHU]
  • Bad-Touch [DTF]
  • Snuffed Out [B B C]
  • ur dunked [YIKES]
  • Shadow Cartel [SHDWC]

dragonshardz fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Aug 19, 2023

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

You're asking me to believe in sentient meat.
:justpost:

thanks for the squeaky clean new thread. i for one am excited to see where everyone goes and hear about adventures outside of the imperium.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I've got a month until my poo poo is fully evac'd - thank god for asset safety

Optical Ilyushin
May 3, 2022
Good luck with joining brave as long as sharted armer is still there

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Hello I am here to begin the process of unearthing skeletons in a whole new thread

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
I'm super-tempted to give wormholes another shot. The last time I did was when they first came out and I didn't last a week :v: I'm hoping that all of the new stuff added to the game since then makes them a bit more tolerable!

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Amok is recruiting.

https://discord.gg/bWjCypnGfH

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Oct 18, 2022

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
there are years where a week's worth of posting happens and weeks where years' worth of posting happens

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Autoban threads are very elaborate these days.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

New ~schism~ thread is good, thank you for doing the needful. <3

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Amok. that's in the first alliance in the list of alliances to avoid?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
First

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I like to read about eve online but I mostly don't play anymore :sun:

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
gently caress fcon

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Now that is a quality OP.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

RIP my super cap dude. Entombed in an Aeon forever unless I want to suicide it into whoever lives in Dek these days.

somedude34
Oct 21, 2008
New thread new beginning in a whole new eve.

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Getting in on the ground floor.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here
Talk to me about Goosefleet and the resurrection of Hole Squad. I am curious in all the right ways.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

It's HONKing time, my friends.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Please do not copy paste your mycrimes.txt this time

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Normal Barbarian posted:

join holesquad

e:

Carth Dookie posted:

Never left Garnt. :D

god, Hole Violence was such as stupid loving name. I love both it and you :glomp:

pseudanonymous posted:

Do you think my carrier is still in the station/citadel/whatever it’s called now?

no clue! I don't think citadels were a thing when I burnt out imploded

Normal Barbarian fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 18, 2022

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

dragonshardz posted:

Brave Collective [BRAVE]: Presently in a fight for their lives against Fraternity. A large nullsec group which (smartly) peeled itself away from PAPI after the end of the Beetinam War. Dunk Dinkle has made great strides in airlocking shitheads, but Shattered Armer is still there and is still insufferable.

Keep in mind that this alliances lead FC is someone who is... bad and a screamer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CNZzhnh-qs

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

geonetix posted:

Please do not copy paste your mycrimes.txt this time

or do but in your own thread

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
I mean it's not like SA of all places telling people not to join GSF is really going to have a measureable effect on recruitment to the alliance at this point.

It's a bit insulting to those SA posters who are still in CFC and who are apparently serious about effecting change. But until clear and convincing evidence is shown that a real seachange has happened, it's for the best, I suppose.

Edit: maybe don't recommend BRAVE so quickly from the feedback already either?

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 18, 2022

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

do not join amok.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

causticBeet posted:

gently caress fcon

loving THANK YOU I WAS TALKING WITH SOMEONE AND TRYING TO REMEMBER WHICH DICKHEADS WOULDN'T SET HOLE SQUAD BLUE SO WE EXPLODED THEIR poo poo SOMETIMES.

Not An Arsonist posted:

Talk to me about Goosefleet and the resurrection of Hole Squad. I am curious in all the right ways.

Right now the plan, as I understand it, is to organize and figure out what the gently caress, get everyone up to speed, then try to make friends with PRISM.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

:justpost: in the new thread

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rust Martialis posted:

I mean it's not like SA of all places telling people not to join GSF is really going to have a measureable effect on recruitment to the alliance at this point.

It's a bit insulting to those SA posters who are still in CFC and who are apparently serious about effecting change. But until clear and convincing evidence is shown that a real seachange has happened, it's for the best, I suppose.

if they're serious about change banning mittani is a start but that aint happening so "hey be aware of things and maybe dont join" is good advice

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Rust Martialis posted:

Your input has been noted and directed to the appropriate receptacle.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

dragonshardz posted:

loving THANK YOU I WAS TALKING WITH SOMEONE AND TRYING TO REMEMBER WHICH DICKHEADS WOULDN'T SET HOLE SQUAD BLUE SO WE EXPLODED THEIR poo poo SOMETIMES.

Mac Smash, Diplo to FCON. Great times, Kesper.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account
You forgot Groon aka The Greater Goon.

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!
Groon is taking in refugees as well

https://discord.gg/bhHJmDE

e:f,b

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Solus posted:

Hello I am here to begin the process of unearthing skeletons in a whole new thread

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Solus posted:

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

It might be helpful to include an overview of the different account types for old and new players, since that was another semi-recent change.

In typical "the first hit is always free" fashion, EVE now has two tiers of accounts:

Alpha - The free tier
  • Limited selection of ships, modules, and skills, but plenty of opportunities to cause mayhem
  • You gain skill points at a slower rate and can only train skills up to a certain level
  • Although you are not limited on how many accounts you can have, you can only be signed in on one Alpha account at a time

Omega - The paid tier
  • Faster skill training
  • No restrictions on ships, modules, and skills
  • You're able - and sometimes incentivized depending on play style - to run multiple Omega accounts at once

A good number of players do pay for Omega entirely in-game through income-generating activities like ratting, salvaging, industrial production, and even scamming other players.

CCP recently upped the Omega monthly subscription from $15 to $20, though they frequently run specials with steep discounts for longer subscription periods or multi-account discounts.

Accounts can go back and forth between Alpha and Omega status without penalty. Any Omega skills, ships, and modules you possess on your characters are simply locked out until you resubscribe.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

You're asking me to believe in sentient meat.

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

do not join amok.

go on.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
WH life was my favorite part of EO, and I was sad that they apparently have no plans to bring it to Toilet EVE. I think it might be time to reinstall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Cenodoxus posted:

It might be helpful to include an overview of the different account types for old and new players, since that was another semi-recent change.

In typical "the first hit is always free" fashion, EVE now has two tiers of accounts:

Alpha - The free tier
  • Limited selection of ships, modules, and skills, but plenty of opportunities to cause mayhem
  • You gain skill points at a slower rate and can only train skills up to a certain level
  • Although you are not limited on how many accounts you can have, you can only be signed in on one Alpha account at a time

Omega - The paid tier
  • Faster skill training
  • No restrictions on ships, modules, and skills
  • You're able - and sometimes incentivized depending on play style - to run multiple Omega accounts at once

A good number of players do pay for Omega entirely in-game through income-generating activities like ratting, salvaging, industrial production, and even scamming other players.

CCP recently upped the Omega monthly subscription from $15 to $20, though they frequently run specials with steep discounts for longer subscription periods or multi-account discounts.

Accounts can go back and forth between Alpha and Omega status without penalty. Any Omega skills, ships, and modules you possess on your characters are simply locked out until you resubscribe.

thanks, good idea. adding.