Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Endie posted:

Amok. that's in the first alliance in the list of alliances to avoid?

The only time Amokedotte has been first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

BigPaddy posted:

RIP my super cap dude. Entombed in an Aeon forever unless I want to suicide it into whoever lives in Dek these days.

Is this long enough ago that you were safe-logged in a POS or safe, or were you logged out in a Keepstar?

If the first, a lot has changed about fighters in the last decade, and supers with too many fighters in their bays are actually incapable of jumping. If that sounds like it might be a problem, try filing a GM ticket — they will likely move your logged off Aeon to a lowsec station for you so you can unfuck its fit and then undock and jump it somewhere.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Good luck, new thread.

Once things settle out I'll decide on a place for myself to go. I play very infrequently so the goonfleet retirement home was nice for not playing for 8 months and having a familiar place to resume in.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Cenodoxus posted:

It might be helpful to include an overview of the different account types for old and new players, since that was another semi-recent change.

In typical "the first hit is always free" fashion, EVE now has two tiers of accounts:

Alpha - The free tier
  • Limited selection of ships, modules, and skills, but plenty of opportunities to cause mayhem
  • You gain skill points at a slower rate and can only train skills up to a certain level
  • Although you are not limited on how many accounts you can have, you can only be signed in on one Alpha account at a time

Omega - The paid tier
  • Faster skill training
  • No restrictions on ships, modules, and skills
  • You're able - and sometimes incentivized depending on play style - to run multiple Omega accounts at once

A good number of players do pay for Omega entirely in-game through income-generating activities like ratting, salvaging, industrial production, and even scamming other players.

CCP recently upped the Omega monthly subscription from $15 to $20, though they frequently run specials with steep discounts for longer subscription periods or multi-account discounts.

Accounts can go back and forth between Alpha and Omega status without penalty. Any Omega skills, ships, and modules you possess on your characters are simply locked out until you resubscribe.

Jesus this garbage game is $20/account/mo now?!?!

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

is it possible to enjoy wormholes with a single account? there were a lot of things i liked about eve but always hated the normalization of everyone having 3+ accounts. i quit playing after the last war and the price increased seemed like the final nail but i've never tried living in a wormhole.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

dragonshardz posted:

loving THANK YOU I WAS TALKING WITH SOMEONE AND TRYING TO REMEMBER WHICH DICKHEADS WOULDN'T SET HOLE SQUAD BLUE SO WE EXPLODED THEIR poo poo SOMETIMES.

:rip: koshka

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

ullerrm posted:

Is this long enough ago that you were safe-logged in a POS or safe, or were you logged out in a Keepstar?

If the first, a lot has changed about fighters in the last decade, and supers with too many fighters in their bays are actually incapable of jumping. If that sounds like it might be a problem, try filing a GM ticket — they will likely move your logged off Aeon to a lowsec station for you so you can unfuck its fit and then undock and jump it somewhere.

I looked at the support page and it stated that they don't touch stuff with a jump drive but it has been logged out since like 2016 so was at a POS and probably can't jump etc... will raise a ticket and see. Thanks.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

WorkerThread posted:

is it possible to enjoy wormholes with a single account? there were a lot of things i liked about eve but always hated the normalization of everyone having 3+ accounts. i quit playing after the last war and the price increased seemed like the final nail but i've never tried living in a wormhole.

I did for years. You will need an eagle eye on D-scan and deep pockets to replace your inevitable losses, but it's doable.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

hailthefish posted:

They ran a limited-time discount during the changeover if you had multiple accounts: Each extra account gets to sub for $15 :v:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
wow what a great looking game! excited to try out this new and exciting mmo set in space

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

if they're serious about change banning mittani is a start but that aint happening so "hey be aware of things and maybe dont join" is good advice

I hope the new CEO bans Mittani but the interim leadership doesn't seem interested, agreed. Their tenure is to be on the order of a week, so we'll see once the handoff is complete.

I'm willing to take what they say at face value for now. I don't like everything that has been announced (mostly that he isn't banned), but the people involved - theAdj, xttz, Atrum, etc. seem to be on-side and respected well enough?

Xenuria is banned, Innom is out, Mittens hasn't been on comms apparently in days. It's at least a minor improvement. Waiting for more evidence.

I mean you sort of vaguely know me, DT. Not always the smartest guy on comms, and I really think people can do better. But yeah, if new leadership doesn't ban Mittani for the whole Xenuria thing for starters... it's a failure to face facts imho..

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Still an absolute banger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_UNpD0AvFc

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

do not join amok.

And you say that based on what, exactly?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Solus posted:

Hello I am here to begin the process of unearthing skeletons in a whole new thread

beep beep I'm an excavator

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rust Martialis posted:

I hope the new CEO bans Mittani but the interim leadership doesn't seem interested, agreed. Their tenure is to be on the order of a week, so we'll see once the handoff is complete.

I'm willing to take what they say at face value for now. I don't like everything that has been announced (mostly that he isn't banned), but the people involved - theAdj, xttz, Atrum, etc. seem to be on-side and respected well enough?

Xenuria is banned, Innom is out, Mittens hasn't been on comms apparently in days. It's at least a minor improvement. Waiting for more evidence.

I mean you sort of vaguely know me, DT. Not always the smartest guy on comms, and I really think people can do better. But yeah, if new leadership doesn't ban Mittani for the whole Xenuria thing for starters... it's a failure to face facts imho..

He should already be banned by adj or merk or literally anyone with power, there's no excuse not to. gently caress "stability" its a dumb spaceship alliance that has weathered plenty of incredibly stupid poo poo before and it'll be fine or it won't, who fuckin cares. Anyone unwilling to ban him right now is either on his side or has their personal identity tied way too close to goonfleetswarm as an entity and is personally afraid.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Re: transitions: I should have handed off holesquad way sooner than I did, either to vern or foehammer.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Tsed posted:

Non-eve friend was asking about the situation. I gave as best a summary of the mess as I could, and:

last thread but lmao

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

He should already be banned by adj or merk or literally anyone with power, there's no excuse not to. gently caress "stability" its a dumb spaceship alliance that has weathered plenty of incredibly stupid poo poo before and it'll be fine or it won't, who fuckin cares. Anyone unwilling to ban him right now is either on his side or has their personal identity tied way too close to goonfleetswarm as an entity and is personally afraid.

Most fun I ever had with evegoons was when we were living in a loving soda factory, stability is overrated.

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

hailthefish posted:

Yeah, PLEXing an account also went up to 2 billion ISK/account around the same time. It was 600mil the first time I won EVE and around 1.2bil when I came back last year.

I'm incredibly thankful to past me for having the good sense to consolidate all my poo poo in 1dq so present me could dispose of it from there, rather than having to sub two accounts just to move my caps and JF to market.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Mederlock posted:

And you say that based on what, exactly?

It's still in the Imperium. You know, the organization whose leadership's self-owns spawned approximately 150 pages of posting and a goldmined thread.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

The Shortest Path posted:

It's HONKing time, my friends.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

spaces ships

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

The deadtear good posting I crave.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

dragonshardz posted:

It's still in the Imperium. You know, the organization whose leadership's self-owns spawned approximately 150 pages of posting and a goldmined thread.

Have you considered such generalizations are insulting to the people serious about effecting change from the inside??

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The imperium is no longer connected to SA. People like Test and PL are not in the OP either. It’s nothing against the line members posting here that they got put on the poo poo list, but right now, today, for people jumping into game from SA, it’s a safety concern..

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

dragonshardz posted:

Also amok are terrible posters. Basically btls level.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

dragonshardz posted:

I think there's still merit in a group within GSF trying to influence things on the inside and helping it chart a new, better course away from the toxicity and harassment of the past. Nobody's asking you to add it to the OP, but I and others can tell you Am0k. is a bubble of safety and respect within the Imperium. Whoever said in the last thread that Am0k is a telegram-based group in the last thread isn't wrong lol.

Anyways, I'm just asking you to not tar Amok with the same brush that you're painting the rest of the alliance with, because we're not like that, but that's just my take as a regular ole line member.

ricepowah
May 3, 2008
If you no not post really well, your no not believin' may one day lead you to Delta Sqad.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Conspiratiorist posted:

Have you considered such generalizations are insulting to the people serious about effecting change from the inside??

People serious about effecting change would be raising merry hell until what deadtear posted gets done and should prob also be pushing for people yelling about cancel culture to follow Dear Leader out of the airlock. Can't say that seems to be happening but go ahead and prove me wrong?

Mederlock posted:

Anyways, I'm just asking you to not tar Amok with the same brush that you're painting the rest of the alliance with, because we're not like that, but that's just my take as a regular ole line member.
The way for Amok not to be tarred with the same brush is to either take over so the island of good is the majority of the org, or leave and no longer be associated.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
new op is good and it's nice to have stuff untethered from gsf :3:

Rust Martialis posted:

I mean it's not like SA of all places telling people not to join GSF is really going to have a measureable effect on recruitment to the alliance at this point.

It's a bit insulting to those SA posters who are still in CFC and who are apparently serious about effecting change. But until clear and convincing evidence is shown that a real seachange has happened, it's for the best, I suppose.

Edit: maybe don't recommend BRAVE so quickly from the feedback already either?

anyone still in gf who thinks that they can effect change is deluding themselves horribly

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The imperium no longer has special status within Something Awful.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Conspiratiorist posted:

Mederlock posted:

I think there's still merit in a group within GSF trying to influence things on the inside and helping it chart a new, better course away from the toxicity and harassment of the past. Nobody's asking you to add it to the OP, but I and others can tell you Am0k. is a bubble of safety and respect within the Imperium. Whoever said in the last thread that Am0k is a telegram-based group in the last thread isn't wrong lol.

:rubby:

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.
First thread OP I ever make on SA makes it to the goldmine. I can never make another thread and ruin my 100% success rate.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Conspiratiorist posted:

When they make said change maybe we can revisit it. For now it's an org that's protected, enabled and retains abusers.

If goons want to stay in lovely non goon orgs no one's stopping them but you shouldn't expect goons to play / speak nice of pubbie orgs.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
what a stupid game

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

lollontee posted:

what a stupid game

The only winning move is not to play.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014