Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Conspiratiorist posted:

Have you considered such generalizations are insulting to the people serious about effecting change from the inside??

When they make said change maybe we can revisit it. For now it's an org that's protected, enabled and retains abusers.

If goons want to stay in lovely non goon orgs no one's stopping them but you shouldn't expect goons to play / speak nice of pubbie orgs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Pubbie corp drama is probably best settled elsewhere imo.

We've had goons in MC, PL etc for years contribute to the thread, doesn't have to be different for goonfleet just probably a good idea to let people from SA know the alliance is more of a cultural fit for r/joerogan fans vs 2022 goons.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

andromache posted:

Goonswarm Federation has heard the request that we retire the fatbee and all associated bee paraphenalia.

Effective immediately, I present the new, newbee:

:chloe:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

TheWeedNumber posted:

gently caress you

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

In all reality I'll probably win EVE again after a month or two but its kind of nice seeing wormhole folks, random vets, some brand new newbies and some current line members who just left GSF all coming together to try to do a chill wormhole corp.

I definitely want to be a part of that even if its just a quick nightcap for my years in EVE. Going out on the right note is one way to help absolve ourselves for being the lovely people we were in the past.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Bigbillthaboss posted:

how long did you spend on google looking for that word choice?

well we now know you had to google it

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

learnincurve posted:

I have some sort of flu and unblocked him in the spirit of giving everyone second chances,

The dumb flu

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Immorality aside that kid was a loving dick

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

NtotheTC posted:

You're not a funny person- and that's fine not everyone is- but please stop posting in this thread trying to be. Stick to what you know and keep posting your "like can you DEFINE harassment for me?" shite instead of misinterpreting people telling you to gently caress off as "haha this is banter, we're friends"

gently caress off

You can just put the future type-2 diabetes victim on ignore.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

aioli is just mayo posted:

even if I do sometimes confuse you with dungar.

hahaha savage

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Yeah small fleet ratting in wormholes can be fairly fun and is decent money if you get on a roll and it's a good time just chilling on comm's with a couple of folks

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

duck monster posted:

Holy shitballs. I've been out of this game for nearly a decade (And even then it was more or less a few months before getting bored), but I like to just check on the state of the universe every few months, read whatever lovely news release and see if theres anything skimmable telling me what wars or on or who the imperium is crushing this month.

Boy have I missed some drama. I almost cant imagine eve without it being utterly clusterfucked by Mittens being a terrible spaceperson.

Can't say I'm surprised though, it was obvious a decade ago the center wasn't gonna hold forever especially after VR was gone, theres poison at the heart of this game and the swarm, but jesus christ. I guess if he's gonna go, its gonna be in a ball of drama.

Also so I dont have to read a thousand pages of drama, did FNLN give back all that loot? Because I kinda wanna know how that went.

Sesfan #1

Aw hi Duckmonster. You probably don't remember me but it's Breaky

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Maybe its time for folks to accept that GSF is a lost cause and people still in it either don't care or can't fix the issues current SA goons have with it now.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

spazzhole posted:

Well, for starters, maybe calling everyone in the alliance pedo enablers and not chasing off the SA Goons who were on your side initially but wanted to handle it in a different way wasn't so great in retrospective. The only reason this turned into a GSF vs Delta is because, as far as I can tell, no effort was ever made to include the other groups in Waffe. I spent five years working as a worker's union delegate, both sides in this fumbled this very badly.

lmao

"both sides"

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Dalmuti posted:

Brisc along with Mittani are the most powerful people in the world of EVE. Why are you aggroing Brisk? The Imperium has the best strategists, economists, managers, we generate the best content, we have great people who understand the balance of the game. Who do you think is more versed in game balance? The person who fled the ship in hysterics a few years ago, or the person who still plays with us and tries to make the world of EVE a better place? The economy of EVE is a complex mechanism that not everyone can understand. You can’t just come and say that 2018 was good and I only want what it was then. It doesn't work like that. People can't sit on a super ship, farm harbor, and not buy omega for $ and get trillions of ISK. This leads to total chaos. Our respected CEOs of the Imperium know what they are doing and there is no need to argue. Do you really believe that Brisc wishes someone bad or pursues personal ambitions? No. He tries his best for all of us. It is only thanks to our leaders that we feel great in this game and get the best content thanks to our leaders.

Dalmuti flirting with catching friendly fire again. love it

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Cancel culture run amok

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

NtotheTC posted:

no it's racism and biggotry that runs Amok.

lol

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

idk i must have missed where white supremacy came into it

Gonna guess projection but idk

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I will admit to not reading every single one of FNLN's mania dumps though, holy poo poo those were long

Same.

Anyways, Goosefleet is getting started out, good mix of retvets, new players and people leaving GSF. Looks to be set well for chill wormhole stuff if anyones down for it. Gonna give it a month and see if I keep losing eve or not but its a good group so far.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Raged posted:

I think we are all white nationalists now. I swear we were pedo enablers yesterday. Just imagine what we can be labelled with tomorrow.

"Jesus Christ himself" if you keep putting yourself up on that cross.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

NtotheTC posted:

There's one person in the Imperium I've seen be vocal about the ousting of pedophiles and pedophile supporters being good and that's Atrum. The rest of the posters in here that are pro-Imperium have just been various shades of apologist from "I pretend not to see the problem people that are still in my corp/alliance" to "This was all a witchhunt, fake news".

And it's whatever, keep posting ITT all you like but stop acting hurt that the thread is warning people not to join the alliance that has major internal issues of racism, harassment, homophobia, transphobia and more. Trying to hoist yourselves up on a cross saying "well if you're saying that Groomswarm let all these things happen then you're saying that I'M all those things too because I stayed!" is pathetic.People aren't saying you are those things, but they are saying that if you're in groomswarm and actively defending the current state of affairs then you're at best some combination of lazy, stupid or malicious. Which is fair enough imo.

:emptyquote:

E: this should be in the OP

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

RustySeabutter posted:

whats a qcs thread and whats a goon trademark?

Lurk more

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

esto es malo posted:

saladin is when u get some great romaine, home baked croutons, and fresh parm, then douse that with some caesar dressing and go to town

lol

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

dialhforhero posted:

A retriever is being shot in an anomaly, using an active fit, draining his cap frantically to tank the rats, but he can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.

lololol

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

hailthefish posted:

The goose stuff has me sorely tempted to asset safety my poo poo out of delve and actually play for a little while. Some drat fine propagander you got there.

I did a one month sub to see how it turns out

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Wolfy posted:

I've made a terrible mistake and need you to make it with me.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

shut the gently caress up bill

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Bad Purchase posted:

unironically calling out the space guilds named after the n-word but won't acknowledge "goosing" refers to a common act of sexual assault, shaking my dang head

Careful you don't hurt yourself stretching that far.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

RazNation posted:

I don't know. I do not think I have ever seen a white person get red-misted in the panties when called that name.

Maybe it means something to a redneck who has social issues but then having a person dropping the N word seems to be a huge no-no but when a black person does it, nothing is said.

I'm confused.

Doesn't this forum have a minimum age to post?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

meatmccartney posted:

Regarding the 2018-vintage Holesquad demise, I believe this is the final screenshot of Goku, sent by some Russians.

That's some stuff floating in space....probably some of your stuff...

:smith: there's at least 3 of my Sleipners in that photo

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Micromancer posted:

Ladies and gentlemen I would like to confirm that Amok. is in fact actually recruiting.

Did they leave the alliance?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

"Well I just take advantage of the broken system that enables abuse and even if everyone here has an issue with it I didn't participate with that but enjoy the perks of that system. I wasn't personally affected so I don't really see why people care, I sure don't and I want you all to know that. "

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

WorkerThread posted:

hmm doesn't really seem like a fair characterization of what i'm saying

Hey look if you wanna stay in the GSF and don't see a problem with it have fun and do that, but coming here to be all "well I don't see what the big deal is" sucks and you can eat the peanuts out of my poo poo.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Foehammer007 posted:

Its so drat funny to me how boydozer will come into my corps' discord and talk poo poo about these whiny goons and their plight against mittani and then come here begging for goon sympathy with some random rear end story

Post the logs

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Sevorast posted:

I was in Goonwaffe for like 3 months back in 2012, character name is/was Seth Thorne, saw/heard so many F-slurs in that time it made me feel absolutely unwelcome so I dropped and logged out for a decade.

Stopped even coming here to SA over it too. Felt like the same people would be here and it took a couple years before I was comfortable even posting here again. Maybe that was stupid, it feels a little stupid saying it now, but whatever.

Would Goosefleet be a good spot to land for someone who was (very) bad at the game 10 years ago and hasn't played since? I dunno, I want to check out the new stuff like especially wormholes and also these abyss deadspace things. Maybe I should just derp around in highsec for a while and figure the basics out again before joining any groups.

It definitely would be. Come check it out for a few days.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

yeah but i'm telling you, you and your splinter group don't even play eve, and listing them as an option to play eve with goons is doing a genuine disservice to any goon- you've killed 4 ships in a month, and 3 of them were 1 guy (2 were empty capsules).

it's a joke splinter organization propped up by alts.

join goonswarm

edit:

i don't think you'll hit 100 bil by the end of the year. I can do that in a single day by myself.

if you really didn't care, you wouldn't have posted

the fact of the matter is the people that left are entirely irrelevant to the health of goonswarm

if anything, the people leaving over the drama only improved the alliance by instilling a different leader that actually plays the game- the loss of those individuals did absolutely nothing to impact the strength of the alliance negatively

Look at how mad you are

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

andromache posted:

Like who? You guys ran off everyone of note in GSF other than like me, bill, and occasionally a wild xttz appearance. Seems like Asher’s play is to just do poo poo better and get back to playing eve. Let his actions speak for themselves and if that’s of interest to people ITT they can give it a try.

If someone got banned and wants to give GSF a try again they can reach out to our new exec either via PM on these forums, or I can get you hooked up with him on discord. GSF is back to shooting spaceships and there’s no appetite for litigating it over.

Lmao.

We're back to spaceships folks, put the abuse poo poo behind you just like we've done, it's over.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Lol directorate now all "you want me on that wall... You need me on that wall... To benignly remove the most toxic person in our community if they don't follow a bureaucratic process over the next 60 days"

Profiles in loving moral courage I tell ya.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

This is what it looks like when you have armchair middle management trying to paper over a CEO level HR crisis.

Claim everything is fixed, cast doubts on those asking for change, focus on getting back to normal without actually addressing many of the core problems, throw up the cowardly suggestion that they are unable to do anything further etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Gwailar posted:

1) Unpersoning Alex from SA and from GSF are not comparable tasks. Of course it took far fewer resources and less time for SA to do so. Plus, SA had nothing to lose.

2) My point isn't that Alex should be allowed to stay around. My point is that many of the people calling in this thread for Alex to be disavowed are doing so in a strident and tiresome manner that seems (to me) to ignore and refuse to acknowledge progress as a means to keep up the intensity and pressure.

Stop talking as if people who aren't doing things just as you want when you want must have bad motives. It's bad faith.

Printing this post so I can wipe my rear end with it.