Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Normal Barbarian posted:

join holesquad

e:

Carth Dookie posted:

Never left Garnt. :D

god, Hole Violence was such as stupid loving name. I love both it and you :glomp:

pseudanonymous posted:

Do you think my carrier is still in the station/citadel/whatever it’s called now?

no clue! I don't think citadels were a thing when I burnt out imploded

Normal Barbarian fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

dragonshardz posted:

loving THANK YOU I WAS TALKING WITH SOMEONE AND TRYING TO REMEMBER WHICH DICKHEADS WOULDN'T SET HOLE SQUAD BLUE SO WE EXPLODED THEIR poo poo SOMETIMES.

:rip: koshka

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Re: transitions: I should have handed off holesquad way sooner than I did, either to vern or foehammer.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

dodkalm posted:

Ben Smash: Alas, poor Sean Limerick! I knew him,
Brobario: a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent ~elite PvP~: he hath borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! He has scammed us all! Here hung those ISK that I have kissed I know not how oft. Where be your gibes now? your Erebus? your loans? your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set w-space on a roar? Not one now, to mock your own grinning? quite fed up? Now get you to my Blaaky's chamber, and tell xer, let xer paint an inch thick, to this favour xhe must come; make xer laugh at that. Prithee, Brobario, tell me one thing.

Ben Smash: Dost thou think Aapir looked o' this fashion i' the earth?

Brobario: E'en so.

Ben Smash: And smelt so? pah

*Ben Smash puts the Proteus in the SMA

Brobario: E'en so, my lord.

Ben Smash: To what base uses we may return, Brobario! Why may not the imagination aspire to the greatest scams of all time, till he find it stopping a bung-hole?

Wow some names I remember now. I wish I was less racist against the Dutch; Aapir was super cool.

Also, hi dod :3

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Ben Smash posted:

ilu dadklam. Hole Squad inspired a lot of what I'm about now. Shouts out to Whole Squid, who are on that real poo poo.

Mac sometimes I still think about your metal band

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Vilgan posted:

Sounds like they are still around (the wormhole dudes)

What happened with holesquad after the SQWID schism, anyhow? Did it get rebooted?

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

[GANDR] is doing an eviction so we can build a new nest. Get a drake/dni/Nighthawk and follow instructions in the op to join.

Ehhhh. Eve is bad for me, and I'm bad at eve. I like the chill corp, though.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

dragonshardz posted:

Whole Squid mostly plays other games, now.

Also it wasn't exactly a schism, they were forced out for bullshit reasons.

Goosefleet is the Hole Squad reboot you're looking for.

To be fair, the guy running the squad was kind of a tool.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Vilgan posted:

holesquad died due to drama.

Did they get evicted from Goku?

Vilgan posted:

Around late June of 2020 I started Genesis Squad which lived in a C4 w/ a C3/C5 static. Tried to avoid the drama, mostly just providing a place for people to learn poo poo about wormholes, make isk, occasionally take a mental break from the war if needed, and do some wormhole pvp which was noticeably different from the nullsec stuff. I heard from a lot of people that the squad was the only reason they didn't quit, many of them cycled back to the war after the mental health break, some of them ended up involved in coord/other spacejob positions. Were some ups and downs, held against several eviction attempts successfully but HK/lazerhawks were too much without support from the alliance. They claimed to be paid by Test as part of the war, no clue if that's actually true.

It existed essentially without any support from leadership the whole time I was there. Eventually we got a comms channel and officially added as a squad altho it took Nom like 3 months to make the change after leadership approved it.

I quickly disliked Mittens, but in Spring 2021 I couldn't take it anymore and passed the reins off and moved on in May or June. Was somewhat quiet about reasons other than with a couple of leadership, as "I can't loving stand our coalition leader" maybe isn't the best thing to broadcast to a group that is remaining as part of that coalition. My understanding is they are still around, quietly doing wormhole stuff, and accepting new members but not advertising much.

Your experience echoes mine, especially the feedback from vets, during the hv/sqwid reboot.

e. minus the evictions. we kept our heads down until we had established wh ~cred~

Normal Barbarian fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jul 26, 2022

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Not An Arsonist posted:

I was in the old-school Holesquad when it was Schned's project, back then it was more about profits then content. Eventually we were evicted, think the group was called Ragnarok or something. When i wasn't paying attention Dod rebooted the squad and i ran into them one day when i was loving around lowsec. Instantly signed up and had good times all around, and i stayed with them to the end. He helped shape Holesquad into the legend it's known for today. I've also flown with Vilgan's group and can say they are a pretty great bunch of nerds, though i've lost touch as life picked up. Though i haven't had time for the wormhole lifestyle, i hope they are still doing their thing and thriving.

Wormholes are a 10/10 experience and you have never truly internet spaceshiped until you've been in and out of other peoples holes for a living.

We took over the comms for the space violence ustz wormhole summer camp, yeah, schned's. I think he briefly poked his head in to pass the reins. It's been years

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

ChickenWing posted:

Dozer shut the hell up, nobody is going to trust you until you can spend more than a year in a goon group that isn't EO without goonfucking

Pretty sure dozer was in holesquad a year without loving us. He tried to change the branding or whatever but that doesn't count.

quote:

Foe, go jerk off on comms about it

Reminder that foe stole some pubbie's girlfriend at an eve meet. A man of contrasts, you could say.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

almighty posted:

Frankly, I'm still unsure as to whether Garr Khan was Ordo Garr or not.

People still thought Mimi was Garr, even years afterwards

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

BigD7976 posted:

I am angry about Holesquad being stolen from a completely functional group of people. And then handed over to a person appointed directly by the Mittani, who is universally being denounced by this forum.

I handed the squad to Dod. We were getting dragged out behind the wood shed, and he was the one person who could keep that from happening. He was also the last person who had been around from the beginning of hole violence, so it wasn't totally without reason. He acknowledged that he messed up, too, later, to me.

It probably didn't look like that from the outside, but that's how it went down.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

To clarify: I wasn't arguing against your larger point, just setting the record straight. I don't know that it was widely known

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

I will never stop loving all of you, by the way. We had a stupid little island of misfit toys. Also the only hot guy thread outside of queerswarm (rip Pavel, too beautiful for this world)

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

andromache posted:

This was after you and plaid rabbit had your real dumb drama slap fight and both got banned right? Like I don’t even remember the details really other than it triggered the “PVE drama eject all involved” clause.

Nah I'm some other nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Roller Coast Guard posted:

That was Stoffer.

Also DJ?

e. No wait that was Rockstar

e2. Also I've just reminded myself that my holesquad--unlike all other goon groups--was composed entirely of hot young sex-havers. That's all. Carry on.

Normal Barbarian fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Aug 11, 2022