Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Amok. that's in the first alliance in the list of alliances to avoid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Bigbillthaboss posted:

It's a charity event, but still interesting to see Star Citizen and CCP team up on something.

I wonder what kind of creation would result from Pearl Abyss scooping up the Star Citizen IP and smashing them together with CCP (under the wishful assumption two negatives would manifest something positive).

Essentially you'd have to pay $3,500 for a PNG promising to goatse you in the future.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

DurrHurrHurr posted:

Seeing all the EVE boomers posting in the last thread made me feel like I was missing out.

Jesus Christ that was something.

Hello DHD you are a good person and I like you.

I don't for one second regret bribing Solo to server mute you back in the day though.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Bigbillthaboss posted:

I was wondering why their overall posting quality was better than that of what I have observed in here.

A bit solipsistic just to endlessly read your own posts.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

messing with the electric stuff scares me so i don't do it

I felt this way and stuck to plumbing and not wiring for the longest time, on the basis that nobody ever touched the wrong cold water pipe and drowned instantly, but then when I built my house I wired the whole place and four years on I am using my very own electricals to type this very message with only the faintest 50Hz tingle every time my fingers touch the keyboard.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Rudeboy Detective posted:

show us how to cook, globby

Initially missed the comma here and was on the verge of reporting this post to CCP's newer, gentler eve hotline.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
Just to back up what was said about Prencleeve, the kid was hurting himself and a few people talked about it and balanced the "contacting IRL is icky and it'll suck for him to have someone tell his gran" against "it'll suck more when his gran works out he's spending hundreds of pounds of her money and he keeps painting a huge target on himself for far worse people in GSF and Eve". It was a genuine attempt at an intervention from a place of "poor, dumb kid" and whatever Blawrf said seems to have put the kid on a better track (and before copies of his videos became wider meme material he'd have to live with his whole life).

Good grief he was phenomenally annoying, though. I'm glad he seems to have changed after leaving Eve behind. It seems to be a theme.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

More apt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOV5WXISM24

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Dalael posted:

In this post I will attempt to demonstrate why not punishing the killers of emperor Caligula 2000 years ago directly lead to the housting of The Mittani and furthermore...

I actually managed to stop myself pointing out that the killers of Domitian were initially let off until the Praetorians insisted that oh dammit now I've done it and furthermore...

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

twigplant posted:

uh oh, our d-name poster relapsed into d-name posting. :cripes:

How can you be here for thirteen years and not spot an obvious copy-paste? I just presumed it was another from the serried ranks of frustrated MRAs in gsf's Karmafleet cultural guard.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Smithwick posted:

Kale is the devil’s lettuce.

This, picked twenty metres from the kitchen, then sauteed with bacon and chestnuts. Either the black kale on the left or normal stuff on the right. The defence rests.

twigplant posted:

you are clearly very cool and smart! great job

Calm down, dear.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Wolfy posted:

To that extent, isn't snicker a perfectly acceptable substitute?

People in Britain would say "snigger" quite freely, and not imagine that it was in any way suggestive of the N-word. Snicker is much more of an american-ism, and translates as "Marathon". In Scots we still have "smicker" but it's not used as often these days. I cannot remember the last time I read someone use "niggardly" outside of a discussion about Eve edge-lordism and it makes me kinda uncomfortable even to type. Of the three, it's the only archaism and for a variety of good reasons, and comes with a warning in some dictionaries.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Elusif II posted:

I don't think we deserve to have an EVE thread.

oh look 297 posts overnight in the eve thread i bet there is some balanced to and fro about asher's announcement i wonder what the quality posters of something awful dot com have come up with let's pour a delicious mug of tea and sit down to challenge ourselves with the zest and spice of debate

Endie fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Jul 29, 2022

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
I'll concentrate all the wildly unpopular takes I can into one post:

- Atrum is a good guy
- Asher is also pretty decent
- Globby is right about the likely trajectory of Goosefleet, and the recommended corps/alliances in the OP are mostly bad for newbies. He's wrong about kd ratios though: that is not the reason.
- Those wanting Mittens banned from Goonfleet clearly misunderstand the way that WhatsApp, discord etc make corp membership and forum access sideshows. If GSF is losing badly and he wants to come back then getting his account back on gsf dot com will not be the hard part. The INN links are the key to that link, anyway.
- The biggest punishment for him would in any case to have been left ruining his life by clinging to a pathetic existence as pretend emperor of space in a silly and dying game
- I wish everyone would stop saying "carrying water" and "showing their rear end" because they're wildly overused itt

I'll balance with a blindingly obvious point of consensus:

- Bill, you unbanned Xenuria for a laugh, so stop pretending you are virtuous as a result of him using the opportunity to gently caress himself

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

captainclaw posted:

Nothing ever happens unless I witness it. I'm player one of this poo poo video game. Now who had that quest where the sheep had run amok? Do I need to un ignore someone to hand it back in?

So you think. You wait until I die, mate: the whole thing just switches off.

Kaysette posted:

Stop posting about posters.

Stop stalking through old posts and Discord screenshots to own your posting enemies.

Stop begging for people to be threadbanned because you disagree with them.

Stop touching the poop.

I am so sick of waking up to a dozen reports about the dumb poo poo in here. My patience is exhausted.

This cycle of posting is going to continue so that tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow creeps in this petty pace from day to day, to the last syllable of recorded time.

Or at least until people in this fine thread accept that they've won as much as is going to happen for now. Mittens has slunk off and what was left of his brand is for mainstream purposes trashed; Asher is no fan of his; the INN stuff - mea loving culpa, the cancer that drove so much of the worst behaviour because what do you know, money makes people behave terribly - will probably trundle along for a long time through inertia; and nobody is going to change the culture of thousands of Eve gamers (of all things) who self-selected by being attracted by Mittani's behaviour to that of current SA posters, no matter how much they are harangued (in fact probably less so the more they are harangued).

Nothing we can demand - no banning from services, no damnatio memoriae, no memory hole - can change the fact that if Alex finds his life unutterably empty in middle age without bully pulpit and his drearily overplayed WH40K memes and wants to come back in a year or two then he can just ask on a discord or in a whatsapp chat and back he'll go. And endlessly pre-iterating why that will be awful between now and then will presumably end up with probes and a No Eve Threads policy from weary mods.

Raged posted:

I have read every single SA eve thread over the years and this one is the absolute worst. That is saying something.

And this is despite it competing in an eye-wateringly strong field.

Endie fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Aug 2, 2022

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Bigbillthaboss posted:

just a quick reminder that CCP has all of 4 actual programming devs for their spaceship game

every time you ponder the thought of "I wonder if CCP will impliment a good balance change or new content" just circle back around to this factoid and derive your own expectation(s)

That would be astonishing if so. You're sure that's not "the live platform team has four engineers on it"? Because when I was there they had numerous scrum teams, each with about that many engineers. Is this from a quoted CCP source?

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

RazNation posted:

To answer you question, 'Red Mist' is a slang term used by riders to describe how angry they get when they almost get killed by some neck beard tart who thinks his/her Facebook account is more important than their driving skills. They typically come to the realization that they fawked up when they see their side view mirror flying across the hood of their car and the rider with a single finger salute zooming off into the distance.

So in essence, 'Red Mist in the panties' refer to having to the more common slang of 'butt-hurt' or 'sand in the va$ina' type.

I am also glad that Asher has taken up the mantel of the next Caesar and hopefully he won't get the 'Et tu Brute?' treatment.

What the gently caress are you talking about?

Edit oh you were referring to a post from eight days ago. Quote is a useful tool for context. Of course, then people might notice that you were tacitly complaining that black people are allowed to drop the N bomb but get upset when you do it...

Endie fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Aug 3, 2022

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

You don't have one of those mouse wigglers do you?

Have a little more respect in your voice when you talk about karmafleet members.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Normal Barbarian posted:

Also DJ?

e. No wait that was Rockstar

DJ also joined CCP as a space fed.

If I remember rightly, Stoffer was the guy that was tasked with writing the in-favour side for the "Greed is Good" microtransactions article that got leaked by a CCP employee. That must have been just a whole barrel of fun.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Rust Martialis posted:

Putting the 'goon' in Blue Lagoon

Keflavik used to be OK for a while, but it's sunk to Stansted levels of unpleasant. However, if flying to the US, the ability to break the flight midway westbound and ease the muscles at the Blue Lagoon is indeed a pleasant option.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I mean there is no link between this forum and nonceswarm, so an asher fireside is as relevant as a gobbins townhall. Though seeing groomswarm eating poo poo and having to run back to delve will never not be funny

If someone from panfam does post an update will you drone on endlessly about how there are no official links between them and SA as well?

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Potato Salad posted:

even Endie had to feed a "what about" post about it god drat

If you're pretending that Mr squint teeth was da puppetmasta then find a better defence. He has been moaning and gatekeeping every time anyone posts anything about gsf.

If your point is more about me somehow being a stalwart defender of gsf then hoho I have more reason to detest them than just about anyone, and that includes reasons to detest Asher. I just don't think games are worth people getting so performatively mad about.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Hey there. I'm really sorry about the stuff you describe going through. The protest site foray does sound cool as gently caress. I also have tons of questions about Moscow and stuff but I guess that those would be a significant derail even by the spectacular, historical standards of this thread.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
Furries could have liberated the Reichstag and parted the waters of the Red Sea to let Moses and his people escape I'd still be down with Mr Five Jaces' plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
In a world where so much changes and tradition counts for so little, it’s lovely to see Élusif selling roses to a new generation of Eve players. Bravo Goosefleet.