Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

the brain disease that makes me want to play this game every 5 years is flaring up but the alliance seems even more hosed than usual and i dont remember how to play. i looked at my character to try and refresh my memory and i have like 21 mil sp thats kind of all over the loving place but if i had to guess i was most recently trying to train t3 cruisers. i also somehow have about 2 bil isk that i must have stolen or something because when i played i was a broke student and theres no loving way i ratted for all that. is 21 mil sp an ok amount these days or in 2022 can you pay money to turbo train way past that? how much is 2bil isk now? like how much does it cost to plex your account in 2022?

for some reason im in a station in syndicate with 0 ships and all my stuff seems evenly split between a station in deklein and a station in delve. my goonwaffe role dropped in 2018 and it doesnt sound like i want to rejoin so im p sure i cant go get any of my stuff without exploding. will probably try to jump to hisec to buy and fit a decent ship to fly before i decide what home should be for however many weeks i play this game but any advice for a returning subcab pilot who hasnt played since like 2015 would be epic

e: why is this thread on slow mode and also why are there apparently 2 eve threads

40 lbs to freedom fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Aug 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

undocked after 6 years and got podded in the first 10 minutes trying to escape null before i remembered i could just jump clone to high sec im fuckin babck baby

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

WilWheaton posted:

Kartoon was always right

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

idk what happened in gsf with ppl being irl bad people cause i wasnt subscribed but gsf turned into the alliance it hated and joined the game to troll in like 2010

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

oh my god you guys almost managed to kill 6 bil in an entire month

that's almost 30 minutes of what i do solo

woah talk about epic frEaking win care to gather around the fire and tell your tales of victory and glory goon sir :cheers:

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

when i was 7 it hurt my feelings when id be playing on the slide with some friends and a couple of them would leave to go play on the monkey bars instead so actually i totally understand how you feel dicks guy emotions are hard and it hurts to feel left out even when actually your a full grown adult and its by strangers on videogames

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

idk hes starting to grow on me

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

last night i killed a <1 mil exploration fit newbie frigate and you couldnt convince me i wasnt the pvp predator god of eve if i ever solo a ship with guns im going to put my head through my monitor

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

hey alright

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

unironically dont get how a bc kills a blockade runner solo in high sec. not like 'oh my goodness gracious how did this happen' but like literally mechanically huh

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I've been one-shot by a tornado in Jita in a blockade runner before

never would have guessed thanks. would have thought for sure concord would get to you first. tbh if i had 9bil and a blockade runner i would have undocked it

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

i too think it's fun losing dozens of hours worth of PvE needlessly

what else do you think is fun op

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i dont think you know who my mom is actuayly but shes definitely not good at eve online

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

me personally i have fun scaningn and flying interceptors usually you can find me bouncing around wormholes in my claw but also osmetimes in wspace, too. cheers: cheers:

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

caring about the long term consequences of my make believe space alliance in dying 20 year old game better to keep everyone blue and happy and spend every day ratting myself into lost ark instead

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

lmfao

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

lol that post is from like a 2006 sir molle pastebin right??? what,a loving dweeb lmao where did you find that

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

are lazerhawks still the major boogeyman of holes? who are the super big alliances still around? didnt hard knocks get fuckefd or did i just make that up?

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

:goofy:

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

sincerely asking when you decided to randomly spam the eve online thread with 5 million images of little anime furry girls in what way did you imagine the reception would be positive

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

learnincurve posted:

that battle was pre-planned by the some of the best PvPers in game, it took an hour and they had to reship by scanning in a new route. Sometimes you lose but god drat if that wasn't great content.

as someone new they honestly did about 20 things that blew my mind i learned a lot. them finding a new hole so quickly was wild (and maybe lucky?) and also did not realize how much poo poo you could get through a voc hole. imo was an awesome experience but also i didnt personally lose a cap over it so rip. also kind of wild to see what just like 5 lokis who know what theyre doing are capable of.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i wish i had more time to play

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i have lots of fun when i do

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

whats evertones favorite ship to fly

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

CainFortea posted:

Rokh

Maybe Cerbs.

WorkerThread posted:

my beautiful buzzard

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

officer burst jam scorpion

dragonshardz posted:

I really like Ishtars.

raminasi posted:

the humble blackbird

PhilippAchtel posted:

I have access to a lot more ships now, but I still look back fondly on my days in a Slasher

corgski posted:

My cheetah is a fun lil cloaky boi. Although I just trained into recons so I can cloak and tackle.

Not An Arsonist posted:

Rifter or any variant of it. The Wolf is especially great to run around in, but if i could have an infinite number of any ship in the game, it would definitely be a Rifter.

Hobologist posted:

The vagabond. It looks like an axlotl.

L0cke17 posted:

Anything triangle. Right now I'm torn between leshaks and ikitursas as my favorite

i think its cool and a big reason why eve is great that all of these answers are so wildly different. cant help but notice no one said muninns or capitals

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Eyud posted:

Lokis are pretty cool

when i resubbed idecided lokis were my goal so i have like 3-6 months of training time to learn how to not immediately feed it wish me luck

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

hailthefish posted:

lmao TTT is entirely irrelevant to new player retention

The magic 14 is fine. like, obviously if your new player orientation consists of "do this remap, queue the magic 14 to 5, gently caress off and come back in six months when it's done PS it's also going to use almost all of your alpha trainable SP so you still won't actually get to fly anything when you finish" then yeah that's stupid and gatekeepy, but the concept of universally applicable fitting skills is fine and a new player orientation that explains fitting skills and why they matter and a training plan that interleaves important magic14 milestones with some actually fun alpha-flyable fits is a better way to address it. If they were removed I wouldn't exactly be sad but the existence of the skills themselves isn't the thing that's hurting new player retention lol

yeah they are important eventually but as a newbie you can easily pilot a dictor or covops or interceptor tackle or other t2 fun/useful thing suboptimally for a little bit. like yeah maybe dont fly a 2bil officer fit t3c without them but I don't think it matters that your fleet dictor aligned 1s slower and used a little extra cap on warp or whatever if it means newbies feel more rewarded/excited.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

hey alright

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

anyone opsting about real world politis etc in the eve video game thread should get banned and then banned again i dontknow how people find fun in posting politics on the computer but there are two whole forums for it pls go back there if you want to talk about whatever tf yall are talking aobut

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

last word

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i played in the (imo) goon golden age of 2009 and the super serious cfc nullsec warfest goldenage of 2014 and am subbed right now and i enjoy the game now more than i ever did before. i play for a few hours not quite every day almost all of it is pvp. i can tell you that in 2009 when i started playing everyone was saying how boring and stupid the game was compared to 2006. in 2010 everyone said how dumb and stupid the game was compared to 2009. in 2014 everyone said how dumb and stupid the game was compared to 2010. etc. in 2022 everyone is saying how dumb and stupid the game is comapred to 2020. or 2016. or whatever. no one on the internet ever knows how to appreciate the present. i dont know how that depressed wall of text from goons who pretend they dont read reddit affects me if it does but its true player count is going down and its probably naive to think itll ever go back to what it aws in 2012. world of warcraft has a ton of players and that game is terrible and sucks. eve has been around a long time and the internet is very bitter there will always be people saying everything is ruined, nothing is good and the game is dead. it isnt. i think anyone who wants to rejoin the game or play for the first time absolutely should. theres dumber things to spend $20 on.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

last night i tried to gank someone in a wormhole and they warped in abunch of hacs. i got out and they said we should 1v1 and i told them they should eat my rear end. an hour later i was getting chased out of frt space with 200m of poo poo in a covops frigate by half a dozen interceptors and assault frigates. when i got back i found out we had fed a couple cruisers to some people who rolled into our wormhole. we talked about bikes and how to cook pork. 10/10 mmo experience. maybe tonight ill try it again. or play some guilty gear instead. who knows.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i think its worth 20 dollars thus i pay that to play it

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i always liked boat subcap ops he did a lot of bombers and hs griefing that were either successful or failed in fun ways

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

never done pi in my life wont start now

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

1000 aligned structures in system with which to undock nothing

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i formed up on this roam thinking wed get blasted 2 jumps in but instead we just went system to system watching dracarys and karmafleet ishtars scatter like roaches. sad poo poo man honestly no fun empire pubbie brain has just infested everyone i guess. i hope all the waffe people are somewhere and actually taking fights cause thinking that old school bee mentality is just gone bums me out

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

ive had p good luck just messaging people in game and getting an honest response you could just ask the guy if youre curious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

im more of a star wars gyu