Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Mederlock WHO SHAMEFULLY EDITED IN A SNIPE, BTW posted:

I think there's still merit in a group within GSF trying to influence things on the inside and helping it chart a new, better course away from the toxicity and harassment of the past. Nobody's asking you to add it to the OP, but I and others can tell you Am0k. is a bubble of safety and respect within the Imperium. Whoever said in the last thread that Am0k is a telegram-based group in the last thread isn't wrong lol.

Anyways, I'm just asking you to not tar Amok with the same brush that you're painting the rest of the alliance with, because we're not like that, but that's just my take as a regular ole line member.

anyone who flies with Amok is going to be exposed to "mittani did nothing wrong/the victims became worse than the harassers" bullshit on the forums/jabber/comms so no it is absolutely not a bubble of safety. if they wanted to be, theyd fuckin leave

Mr. Grinch fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Solus posted:

Update: I have been blacklisted from GSF lmao

...why? for leaving? Also how hosed up is it that youre blacklisted but Mittens isnt
thats some real "you cant quit im firing you" poo poo

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

FirstnameLastname posted:

I've never met a person who reads as quickly as me I'm not kidding it always made me feel kind eeird as a kid

by 1st grade they just let me read books during all the phonics reading stuff id crush 1 goosebumps during the hour they did it

read the 4th harry potter book the day it came out, i turned 11y/o the week before, i read the 5th one in a day too

u witnessing a new breed rh

mmhmmm

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

I was hoping BBTB got sealed in the sarcophagus of the last thread

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

I dont know how many of you remember this but after Mittani had his first public self immolation with the threadnaught and the legal threat from CCP, he was incredibly unpopular and even the goonwiki categorized him as a villain/insane former CEO with a good riddance.
"Hes been logged off for almost a week! Hell never come back into power!" is, historically speaking, false. He should be banned both in game and from services, anything else is leaving the door propped open

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Mekchu posted:

What is this in reference to? The EVE Fanfest panel where he encourage a player to commit suicide/be bullied to the point they commit suicide?

no i was talking about how he went insane, flamed out "for good" and then came back in like a month.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

hailthefish posted:

Was that the t20 thing? Or something else?

yeah it was that and like...ccp gms showing up in alliances briefly and some scant allegations of cheating that never amounted to much. dude was jumping at ghosts and thats why he left in disgrace

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

yea thats pretty much verbatim what happened last time

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

what is it that video games journalism lacks? I wanna say it was something with an E(?)...Legitimacy?

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

there are still directors in GSF who think BBTB saying the N word in a "rap parody" is uncontroversial because "its in the lyrics" but yeah lets keep posting about the cultural revolution lolol

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

i could have sworn i read somewhere (perhaps kugu?) an admission that the name was purposefully chosen because it contains the Nword and knew CCP wouldnt force a name change because it has just enough plausible deniability
its like that dude that argued with a GM that his character "captain fslur face" wasnt really a slur because you see hes british and smokes a lot
or ccp changing kugutsumen's character name from TentacleRape to TentacleSeduction
its smirking, knowing, euphemistic "im not touching you" edgelord bullshit and if you cant recognize that youre a dullard

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Why are discord messages any easier to fake than anything else you view in a chrome browser? AFAIK you could just F12 the message body on literally any platform gamers use to communicate

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Asher is cool and I always loved his fleets but no amount of leadership shuffling is going to unfuck the fact that Mittens spent a decade turning GSF into a loving twitch chat
If you read the abdication thread and are still excited to be in GSF you need your head examined IMO

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

gently caress i thought maybe asher stepped down or something

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Sevorast posted:

Maybe I should just derp around in highsec for a while and figure the basics out again before joining any groups.

when i first made my character i spent about a week in highsec doing missions which culminated in me spending all 7 million of my isk on a terribly fitted Moa that i promptly lost to gate guns when i tried to gank a ferox

then i joined goonswarm in scalding pass and within a week i was flying backbirds against bob in delve (and losing ratting ravens to stain empire :negative:)

highsec is worthless, take the plunge

Mr. Grinch fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jul 29, 2022

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Rust Martialis posted:

No, no, quite. You in fact called them merely

you realize anyone can follow your quote back to the post and see the context that you removed right?
gently caress off with this bad faith bullshit

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

personally i think Dalael has become far less egregious

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

lol imagine thinking the point of the splinter was to "weaken the alliance"

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

xtothez posted:

For what it's worth I've played EVE for about one year (2020, obviously) out of the last six or so. I resubbed the same day I was given the exec corp. Most of the last few weeks have been spent catching up on the details of recent events. That included a "fun" exercise on what actually went wrong behind the scenes with mittani/xenuria because it's something that should not be allowed to occur again.
Of course Mittani's actions weren't acceptable - as a direct result I'm back in this dumb dying game because GSF needs to follow through on being a place where every member feels safe & welcome. Sadly I don't have the same amount of free time for space MMOs that I used to, but genuine changes have happened and will continue to happen.

This week I'm only checking here once a day and can't respond to everyone, so don't all @ me at once to explain how monstrous I am. Maybe take turns or something.

hey if youre serious about getting caught up id read the goldmined thread and not just rely on the opinions of the directorate
if you actually read the whole thing, the case for "banning and disavowing mittens by stating what he actually did and that defending him will not be tolerated" makes itself
given that we had a policy of banning people for pushing alternate CSM ballots, i dont think its unreasonable to make it official GSF policy that posting mittani sex pest denialism will result in a blacklist

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

+1 for adding Goonswarm Federation back into the OP since the problem parties are no longer relevant in the organization, and the mechanism to handle issues is improved and fixed

for the like sixth time you dullard it is still relevant when directors are still claiming that its all a hoax or allegations against mittens were fabricated up to and including the loving coalition leader

Mr. Grinch fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 2, 2022

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

is there anyone who is ONLY asking that he be banned from GSF in game? im pretty sure the ask is for blacklist from services as well?

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

paul harris posted:

i have only a small idea on what the hell is going on

it shows, feel free to gently caress off

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

that person isnt actually interested in playing EVE, they wandered into the thread yesterday proclaiming to not know whats going on and telling people to get therapy

Edit: just getting this out of the way; I dont know if recalling a basic fact from 24 hours ago counts as "posting about posters", hopefully its fine

Mr. Grinch fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Aug 2, 2022

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Not An Arsonist posted:

Pretty sure they are referencing Dozer when they tried throwing poo poo at Asher about their army career.

not Asher, andromache is Atrum

no wonder offsite poo poo is confusing to thread tourists

name one person who said it's a hoax that's actually a director, and which allegations are being debated?

none of them have said this to my knowledge.

apparently were not relitigating this so ill just remind you that you were absent for the majority of the last thread so "your knowledge" means very little tbh

what's with people posting blatant falsehoods itt and it being okay, seems like there's a bunch of needless lying itt

however its kind of hard to refute this notion when some of you cant keep names/basics straight

\/ not blaming only you, FWIW, a few pages ago someone mixed up mcwolf with aldani

Mr. Grinch fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 2, 2022

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

paul harris posted:

it was this person

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4007607&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=70#post525245755

theyre gone for a week so hopefully you can use that time to figure out if doxxing people's jobs over a spaceship guild drama is worth it

that isnt what doxxing is you loving idiot

jesus christ just take your concern trolling routine somewhere else

Edit: In case it isnt obvious to everyone else, Atrum himself posted that he used to work for the Army in the previous thread. Referencing that information isnt "doxxing" and if that makes you feel unsafe I suggest you log off forever

Mr. Grinch fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Aug 3, 2022

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

who on earth would pay real dollars for clothes on avatars you never see

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

i didnt play Oblivion, do you never see the horses?

your eve avatar could be a stick figure and youd never know

wibla and herstory should get into a several page slapfight imo

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

alright well lets wait and see what Wibla has to say about it

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

paul harris posted:

whoever suggested karmafleet as a place to join, thank you so much. you're a good person.

what an amazing grouo and the bigger group, goonswarm federation, is also full of awesome people from top to bottom from what i've seen and they are all really level headed and chill.

in the interest of fairness they should be added to the OP since they are goons, and it seems lots of the people posting in the thread are also members there.

reminder that this troll wandered in here from PYF on August 1st
you sure seem to have a firm grasp of the situation from two days of shitposting!

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

"everyone that doesn't have my opinion is a troll or alt of someone i don't like"

grow up lmao

yeah im sure hes managed to interact with the entirety of GSF "from top to bottom" in a single afternoon you loving moron
you absolutely deserve that red text, being a contrarian isnt a personality

seriously just loving lmao globby if you cant see that that rear end in a top hat is trolling

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

maybe you can make him your protege then and scour the galaxy demanding that everyone provide proof of sufficient fun metrics

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

if moderators allow this then they're just sending all people who genuinely want to play eve on SA into the void to never play eve again

guys hes right, were loving up CCP's notorious 100 percent new player retention rate

globby if you wanna yell at someone for players quitting this lovely game, go to iceland

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

Rust Martialis posted:

Agreed, yet the rather obvious conclusion is that the actual net impact on the alliance membership is basically zero. Now you could argue the stats mask some unknown number of players who just quit the game while staying in GSF, not sure how to show that.

Alex is gone (and should be banned), so at least something good happened out of this.

for the like dozenth loving time, people didnt leave to "hurt the alliance" they left because of the lovely bigots in the line, in the directorate, and in the big chair.
explicitly stated "i dont want to play with this group anymore" and you loving shitsuckers keep coming up with "lol another schism, weve never had one of those before :smug: "

its about who we choose to play this terrible game with, its not about causing GSF to lose delve or whatever dumbass power play poo poo keeps getting debated

Mr. Grinch fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 4, 2022

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

that red text is so accurate lol

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

thanks, that means a lot

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

i'm the best eve online player that's ever existed.

that red text is probably the most accurate of any on this site

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

i would travel to the ends of the universe gathering all seven dragon balls up my own rear end in a top hat just to plead and beg with shenron to put a bullet in this game's head

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

dialhforhero posted:

This is a quote from the Valheim thread that I feel like fits this thread incredibly well on every page.

Here I fixed it to account for human beings in general:

quote:

Do this Thing how you want but be absolutely sure to tell everyone that you did it the One True Way and everyone else is doing it wrong.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

someone is gonna fall for the troll and get real mad and someone will take the opportunity to respond "they really got your goose huh"
there I preemptively ruined the joke, youre welcome

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

probably autopurged for jabber inactivity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

im several pages too late for this but what site were yall using to generate those awesome images of geese in space or w/e