Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer
Oh cool new thread.

Jesus christ this week has been like professional bullriding in a tilt-a-whirl. Started out with blowing the lid off mismanagement of sexual harrassment, ended up with accounts of pedophilia, murder, and gang rape. And there's gotta be more out there.

I need to lay down. For, like, a decade.

When they said "EVE is real" this isn't the real I wanted. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Potato Salad posted:

"ACTUALLY THE PROBLEM IS THAT YOU WEREN'T POLITE ENOUGH, ABOUT THE PEDOPHILE SHELTERING WOUNDED-BIRD-AMBER-HEARD-BITCH-SHOOTING QUEERBASHERS IGNORING SEXUAL HARASSMENT"

Quoting for posterity.

Remember that you DO NOT owe abusers or abuse enablers respect, ever. gently caress groomswarm.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer
Eve hates women and the playerbase is 96% male because they can't stop harassing the other 4%. Buyer beware.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Rhymenoserous posted:

Man the few times I’ve been embroiled in drama and the heaping of abuse that comes with it, the last thing I ever wanted was the hair of the dog that bit me.

I don’t really think gooseflock was a new RMT empire. So far I think that Sio was guilty of one thing and that was trusting elusif to not do elusif things. Which y’know yeah big oof.

But on the flip side of that the level of vitriol aimed her way over this is disproportionate to that aimed at alliances we know are just covers for botting empire’s (NC./Frat, any old Russian alliance) that I’m forced to point out “Something else is in play here” and that something else is ugly as gently caress and worth escaping.

Also you suck.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

hailthefish posted:

more like phenomeMOM! where's my NUGGIES!!

That would require proximity to a FEEEEEMALE :females:

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer
ITT an MRA apologist conflates the difference between dashcam car crash videos and actually being in a car crash, concluding they must be the same thing.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer
No listen guys botting is bad

*when women and queers do it
**if you’re Chinese or Russian you good though

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Elukka posted:

If you're going to claim it's all just jokes and the very well known botter talking about being careful with isk transfers and indeed being careful with isk transfers (for no reason) was just making some funny jokes - and I guess the stuff about memory addresses changing and breaking his bots etc. was all jokes too - then fair enough, there's not really any further argument to be had. It isn't very convincing though.

I'm kind of curious if Elusif thought about the fallout this would have on the alliance. He clearly didn't have much interest in being subtle about it or keeping you in the dark considering all those remarks as well as linking his public botting code. If he had, you might more convincingly argue that you just didn't know!

If this was really about botting and/or RMT I’d be more sympathetic. But it’s not, you’re a piece of poo poo, and this is yet another cudgel to beat women players with now that publicly exposing yourself at eve meets isn’t cool anymore.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Techno posted:

I literally can’t tell the difference between fiction and reality, and this explains much about my posting.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Elukka posted:

What on earth. I don't know any of the people involved on a personal level, I've had no idea about their gender, and I certainly don't want to drive women out of games. This is a really absurd reason for calling someone a bigot.
(bonus points for simultaneously stereotyping Russian and Chinese players)

Awwww he totally didn’t know guys!
:allears:

PuppiesAndKitties fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Aug 31, 2023

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Elukka posted:

See disagreements about botting and whatnot in a game is one thing but calling me a piece of poo poo misogynist is another. That's a genuinely lovely thing to do. Why do you do this?

Why?

Because I’ve seen this ignorance play over and over and over. That women players are targeted for harassment is an open secret in EVE. I no longer have time for the slow and ignorant to get up to speed on what was my reality for a decade. At this point if you are not aware of these issues, it is deliberate, and I refuse to let other women be duped into a public safety hazard the way I was because of some disingenuous person claiming they “didn’t know”.

This game is awful to women. Legitimately, truly awful.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Elukka posted:

What have I done? When have I ever kept going after any group of people? Where the hell are you getting this from? I don't know you and you don't know me but you've decided out of nowhere I must be a misogynist.

The only thing I've done is said that it looks to me like Goosefleet leadership was complicit in the botting. This isn't the worst thing in the world. It's not a personal attack. It's a comment on a video game I play. Dragonshardz says they weren't, and there's really nothing more to argue there. I didn't even know who "Goosefleet leadership" was until today. This is all I've said. I'm not hounding anyone over a possible video game offense because no matter the truth it's not a big deal.

I agree. I'm not sure why you'd think I wouldn't know this, or what that has to do with anything I said.

A good faith actor would have read the room and hosed off by now.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Baron of Bad News posted:

Nah let them continue to Kramer into the thread with their unwanted hot takes.

I mean I do have a morbid curiosity as to what flavor of "didn't do it/not a big deal/don't understand" is going to schlorp out of the gaping maw of today's eve players.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Stunt Rock posted:

Genuinely flabbergasted to learn people didn’t know elusif was botting. I don’t even play EVE and I knew elusif was botting.

Given his past history it’s entirely likely. That said, it’s real gross how all these chuds came out of the woodwork to suddenly care about a tiny wormhole corp when there are so many worse and more blatant actors out there. Is botting and RMT bad for the game? Yeah. Is it a very convenient excuse for gross dudes to harass women and queers outside the game? Also yeah.

PuppiesAndKitties fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Sep 1, 2023

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

FelixNC posted:

eve online has such a great community, welcoming and inclusive and self-policing

I sure don't regret all the money I spent on my sub(s) over the years and all the time and emotional energy invested into it

:smith:

A lot of people bought in to the lie that bad people had changed, including me, and it wasn’t until I started going to in person meetups that the truth came out. For someone whose EVE experience is purely in game based it can be very hard to determine truth from propaganda. A lot gets lost when only communicating through text and voice.

I don’t blame myself for playing eve and you shouldn’t either. I started during a really hard time in my life and the people I met while playing it helped me launch my career and gave me a social outlet when I didn’t have any. It let me meet some cool people that I still talk to. But I think it’s also okay to accept that just because you had some good times with a group of people doesn’t mean that you’re a bad or malicious person for moving on when they continue to hurt you and others. People grow and change and so do their needs, and coming to a place in your life where you need to be respected and treated well more than you need to be included in a group should be celebrated.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

CCP posted:

https://status.eveonline.com/
Update - We do not expect that Tranquility will be accessible for at least the next couple of hours, most likely longer. Our Ops team are exploring all possibilities as to the cause of the outage.
Sep 01, 2023 - 22:25 UTC

did u check dns

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Not An Arsonist posted:

"Holy cow, this stranger on the internet has alternative opinions! I better bring this critical information into the acceptably relevant EvE Online thread and call them names while I'm at it. That will show them!"

I also frequently disagreed with the England Theta guy, but that information isn't beneficial to your cause so I can see why you left that detail out. I'd get into it more, but I feel some outside force acting upon me, almost as if I'm not support to import drama from discord for some strange reason.

Additionally, I am nonconforming and would prefer they/them pronouns in the future if you would be so kind.

Yes calling people out is definitely worse than stalking, gang rape, or any of the horrific poo poo that came out in last year’s threadnaught. Thank you for tone policing.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Not An Arsonist posted:

I'm not sure what kind of brainrot you have where you think I would downplay any of the horrific things that came out of that mess even ironically. I prefer my violence exclusively in an internet spaceship variety, thank you.

Uh huh.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Potato Salad posted:

Not An Arsonist is typing...

Set the hook Potato Salad, we got a live one

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Solus posted:

I’d recommend getting into MMA or something more socially acceptable

MMA is cool, do recommend.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Doctor Yiff posted:

i've been looking for a jiu jitsu place near me but all the ones i've found have given off real culty vibes

Yeah there are some bad ones out there. Find one that has a good women’s program, those tend to be more sane.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer
EVE is a lovely game full of people that hate women, don’t play it.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Venerable Monk posted:

I was thinking about coming back to the game. Last time I played, Hel ratting in Delve was a thing.
Still have the stupid Hel.

Anyway, what the actual is going on in here...

Mittens and Nom got ousted last year after multiple credible claims of sexual harassment.

Some people are still extremely Buttmad about this and are targeting women and queers for further harassment.

The whole situation blows, EVE sucks, go outside and touch grass.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Fiacre posted:

See? Thanks guys. Way to be on the ball.

You’re a gross sex pest enabler, please go away.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

Fiacre posted:

Here you go. This is the crescendo. Fully put me on the side of people who committed a crime and attack me for that. You know, despite me praising the transparency that would prevent something like that from being hidden again. I am sorry I made you so mad that you went here, but maybe take a step back and look at how gross you are being right now.

You’re a gross sex pest enabler, please go away. You make eve unsafe for women.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

PhilippAchtel posted:

You're a concern troll at best. If the shoe fits, wear it.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer
Daily reminder that EVE is full of gross dudes that hate women and who will actively seek to torment you outside the bad spaceship game. Love yourself and log out.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

psilocybin laden posted:

i misread this as love yourself and eat out

gonna go get some sushi

Eating out generally involves going outside so this also qualifies.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer
As does the alternate meaning of eating out now that I think about it so you’re good both ways.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

hailthefish posted:

unfortunately I hate myself, that's why I play Eve Online

Acceptance and recognition is the first step to a better life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer

twigplant posted:

eve is my penance for all my incredible luck everywhere else. i self-flagellate.

Bb you stay safe out there. I won’t shame you for your choices, just speaking from experience.