Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Elusif lied

Geese died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

That Works posted:

Botting in a poo poo dying game is bad? idgi.

Equal parts

1. Botting gets hate from a large part of the community

2. But this time it's people who call out pedos and sexual harassment and I'm a terrible human being who holds a grudge

3. Please don't look at what's happening in this other part of space, only goose, look at goose

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

idiotsavant posted:

it was 4-5 alts that pinged a discord channel when a neut came into their system, a perfidious bottery that resulted in geese losing approximately half a dozen orcas

Think how many orcas would have been lost otherwise, maybe as many as 2 or 3

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

Geese have taken sov in the South, allied with Red alliance and are now hated by the mass of eve pubbies.

Something something history repeats itself

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

Keisari posted:

I've tried reading the thread but am still confused: Why did Shiobhan quit Goosefleet? :confused:

Because people who play eve think its more imporant than real life

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

Keisari posted:

I'm sure it's true but I still don't know. :v:

You can read it all in these threads or elsewhere but basically sweaty eve gamers have decided that they are the RMT queen of all botters or something and theres a very credible worry they wont stop at lovely reddit threads so Sio cut the game out of their life with a machette.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

ill gotten RMT gains

ill gotten RMT gains

What is she gunna put on the alt? Plex bought with real money that was obtained by selling loving plex?

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

idiotsavant posted:

Lol yeah ccp provides direct RMT services where you can get silly amounts of space money for like, pennies on the billion if you’re smart about sales. Even if RMT accusations weren’t totally baseless, what’s the issue?

It was more mocking the idea that someone would use an alt to hide their RMT gains.

The primary gains of RMT being real money, you know a thing that isn't in game. RMT by its nature making you have less stuff in game.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

But 500 member Corp cannot make 300bn in a year my spreadsheets told me

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

Techno posted:

Yes, of course. I will explain myself to you, internet stranger. The first item to take into consideration is that I am an idiot. Now, regarding that post: I had no clue that Mittani was involved in being a sex pest harboring a pedophile. I was simply interested in engaging in spaceship pew pew. I posted without proper context or knowledge, and it was a poorly thought-out post with a bad attitude. In essence, everything about it was bad.

Honk

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

Elusif spread some isk around.

Elusif might have (probably did) botted it.

Elusif also ran a huge legit skill farm that would at current prices be making about 100-200bn a month (or lied convincingly about it).

It wasn't obvious to me his isk wasn't legit, it still isn't.

He also probably wasn't the largest funder of geese. Pretty sure solo takes that one.

There hasn't been any evidence of Elusif botting for any of this isk either, the screenshot can be taken a bunch of ways. People like to joke, Elusif has a rep.

The only actual evidence has been for the skynet bots, where the crime was they would recloak when decloaked via bot.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

Elukka posted:

Is there something wrong with the evidence?

Yeah, it doesn't actually prove anything beyond skynet.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

Darse posted:

As the exec of HUNG alliance hopefully i wont be negwalleted for taking all that botted isk in exchange for the catch space and structures.

Even if they do you got a good deal

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

Techno posted:

I'll provide an answer, but let's keep in mind that Amber Heard, in the end was a manipulative sociopath who dragged Jack Sparrow though the mud. She seemingly attempted to exploit gender dynamics, while taking a poo poo on the captain's pillow.

Regarding the ongoing drama, you can explore Shioban's posts on various platforms such as here, Reddit, and EVE forums. She presents multiple versions of her story, which raises the question: Why should anyone trust what she says?

Honk

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

Eves dead

Why would goose do this?

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

some barely functional on reddit is going to unironically blame geese for this, I feel it in my bones

And we'd have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you drat meddling kids

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

It was too quick, the shitters didn't get a chance to pull in more shitters to be banned

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

Not An Arsonist posted:

"Holy cow, this stranger on the internet has alternative opinions! I better bring this critical information into the acceptably relevant EvE Online thread and call them names while I'm at it. That will show them!"

I also frequently disagreed with the England Theta guy, but that information isn't beneficial to your cause so I can see why you left that detail out. I'd get into it more, but I feel some outside force acting upon me, almost as if I'm not support to import drama from discord for some strange reason.

Additionally, I am nonconforming and would prefer they/them pronouns in the future if you would be so kind.

Honk

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

Not An Arsonist posted:

I too appreciate RMT

Alas, how about those spaceships?

Honk

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

Not An Arsonist posted:

I'm not sure what kind of brainrot you have where you think I would downplay any of the horrific things that came out of that mess even ironically. I prefer my violence exclusively in an internet spaceship variety, thank you.

Honk

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

Everyone is always asking about bad deltaman, no one is asking about how is deltaman.

So I will,

Hey deltamans, how are you doing? I hope you're ok.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

Guys equating RMT and protecting a paedo and sex pests.

Even better is only one of those things happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

Already hidden away on reddit