Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

So are most people going to Goosefleet now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keisari
May 24, 2011

hailthefish posted:

I'm afraid I'm too stupid and lazy to live in a wormhole.

Worried about this as well

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Bilirubin posted:

make deadtear IK

Yes! :swoon:

Keisari
May 24, 2011

After last summer's (it was last summer right? Feels like such a long time ago.) pedo boogaloo I just quit the game. From that one screenshot it seems like goosefleet has established in nullsec. Is this true or are you just honking around there for fun? I thought you were all about the holes.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Kazinsal posted:

We accidentally a sov in Providence but we're becoming pretty well entrenched here. Like Dieting Hippo said we're still doing wormhole shenanigans and have a buttload of infra in wormholes but we're starting to mess with QFGs (a system that nobody has any idea how they work) so we have both sov and holes at our disposal at all times. Also we're getting some pretty baffling fleets going for sovwar so if you ever wanted to be in a combined angry geese + goonswarm + CVA + weird wormhole pubbies meta fleet shooting an astrahus and getting a bajillion caps dropped on us for lulz and getting your losses reimbursed at Jita prices, the Gooseflock Featheration is what you're looking for.

This message has been authorized by the Office of the Director of Strategic Violence. :honk:

oh god you have no idea how much SRP I paid out today kill me now

Wait wait hold on - you're allied with groomswarm? Did they finally get their poo poo together harrassment and sexual criminals -wise?

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Kazinsal posted:

We're not allied with GSF, but we've had GSF corps do expeditions into Providence to gently caress around while we're doing strategic stuff. There's no official blues or anything behind it. Providence is just such a weird clusterfuck of sovnull that you can't really explain the spiderweb of interested parties without a twenty foot cork board and a few dozen index cards and three hundred yards of string.

As far as my understanding of GSF internal politics goes though, they're pretty much clean of all the old yikesaroo poo poo that caused the giant chomo drama bomb to begin with.

Ah I see. Also I find it funny how it's always goons that have the bushiest of neckbeards and work out the most arcane of systems to leverage some next level advantage in a video game.

I have only very sporadic slots of time and energy, and in goonswarm was basically just doing market poo poo and importing (by contracting out the hauling)

Does goosefleet have any need for a station sitting ship spinning econ guy? Filling markets with poo poo was fun. Fleets sadly rarely lined up with my exhausted dad-level schedule.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

learnincurve posted:

Oddly enough yes we do. Logistics, buyback, SRP, multiple ship doctrines - including industry, scanning, and PvP while holding both WH and nul space has been really fresh and exiting if economy stuff is your bag - real early years fly by the seat of your pants "ok what did they do now and what do we need to set up to accommodate it" stuff.

Huh, could be fun. Are there people who offer hauling services? Because I am terrible at actually flying ships and would just welp cargo. But analyzing markets and contracting hauling jobs and selling gear is something I think is weirdly entertaining.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Well poo poo, I put the auth thing on the queue. I'll drop by and chat around

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Furnok Dorn posted:

i would like the game to shut down permanently

if reddit and eve online died a large quantity of the worst people on earth would be sad and i feel that is worth it

On the other hand, they might spend more time outside.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

ded posted:

i had some datacore research going that was from 2008. i cashed it in during the war. i got about 117m

lol lmao

Lol.

I have some PI set up that optimizes effort instead of isk. Basically, I set 2 week cycles and the planet has extra storage, so I can empty it very, very rarely. The isk is low but good isk per click and isk per hauling trip.

EDIT:

This is because I often completely forget/can't be bothered to interact with PI. So this is the most optimal way to use them for me, as they sometimes are left idle for quite some time, this way that is minimized.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

ded posted:

Tuzy is my Titan character. I do not normally log into him, hardly ever. Random alliance members who don't understand Tuzy isnt my main and aren't as familiar with Jabber send EveMails to Tuzy when they need help with something related to GSOL. For the last 6 months, as Delta squad has kept up their non-stop spamming of GoonWaffe corp mail, something that hadn't been allowed within the corp, for years, it has caused me to not be able to use the login screen anymore to see if I had any mail.You see, hardly anyone would ever send evemail to Tuzy, but occasionally, like once or twice a month, someone would. I would then log in Tuzy, and respond, edcuating the person it was better to send me a forums PM or jabber PM if they needed me.However, Delta dumb gimmick has made the "Evemail on the login screen" function effectivley useless to me and I have to now log Tuzy in every day just to clear a bunch of loving useless mail. Its infurtiating. Can you guys please find some other stupid gimmick to occupy your time and stop creating more work for me, who already has too many loving things to do?

So why not just put "EVEMail will not be read or responded to ever, send me a message on jabber" or w/e in the character's bio and then just ignore all evemail? Someone stupid enough to not use the forums or jabber is someone probably stupid enough to be ignored.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

floppyspud posted:

Dude it’s a copypasta

:ughh:

Keisari
May 24, 2011

I've tried reading the thread but am still confused: Why did Siobhan quit Goosefleet? :confused:

Keisari fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Aug 31, 2023

Keisari
May 24, 2011

I'm sure it's true but I still don't know. :v:

Keisari
May 24, 2011

God drat. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Frank Frank posted: