Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

He should already be banned by adj or merk or literally anyone with power, there's no excuse not to. gently caress "stability" its a dumb spaceship alliance that has weathered plenty of incredibly stupid poo poo before and it'll be fine or it won't, who fuckin cares. Anyone unwilling to ban him right now is either on his side or has their personal identity tied way too close to goonfleetswarm as an entity and is personally afraid.

The deadtear good posting I crave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

TheWeedNumber posted:

man i miss HoTS. When is that gonna shut down for good?

It just went into full maintenance mode, so you're almost there.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Ben Smash posted:

One time I was in Las Vegas in Mittani's suite and he spent 10 minutes trying to convince me that VileRat's death gave him PTSD. Neat that goons are gonna move on from him.

E: I have a few more stories to share if this is still the venue or if folks are interested.

Hi Ben smash, I'm Boneytooth. I remember you hanging with MiniLuv some and talking to you during your weird days in directorship. I didn't think it was very fun for you and was happy when you got out. I hope you're doing well friend :)

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Ben Smash posted:

Yeah, I had a similar epiphany. I realized my "friend group" was a lot of enablers and all the people who actually cared about my well being were banned or leaving.

Glad we can move forward, and heal.

I think for a lot of people, who were in the know, that stayed over the years, the key was that they found a sub community that was chill and good and cool and they found refuge there from the rapid decline post-KF. A lot of supercap pilots hung in MiniLuv and basically did nothing but those two activities. Grumps McGee and some of the SV/HS people got into it with me a lot because they didn't understand that my prime directive was to keep playing with my friends (Rollo Hightower/Bae b blue, Sjugar02, Eiedu, Joe Painter, Viserion Pavarius, etc) and, to some extent, shield them and the line members from Illum, rather than rage out against the (legitimate) tyranny/hypocrisy going on.

Hell, I had a hard time convincing my RL friends that got purged from SV/HS of that.

E: clarification, sub-community, not imperium at large.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Zodium posted:

Alex will start by laying groundwork through pulling on his network to downplay and diffuse the details and emotional impact. Then, he'll return as a professor emeritus sort of regular member, just hanging and shooting the poo poo, being a cool guy who's learned his lesson now. Finally, when the organization next comes under pressure, he'll sigh, and ever so reluctantly respond to the membership's growing calls for his triumphant return to leadership.

playbook.txt

Quoting this for later

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

learnincurve posted:

I have some sort of flu and unblocked him in the spirit of giving everyone second chances,

Lol just lmao

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

almighty posted:

Posting to honor the memory of one man who was able to menace the GSF and strike fear into the hearts of Goons in highsec.

Bankroller of elite PvP corporation Mordus Angels, and overall financial genius.

His name was Gevlon Goblin.

P sure I remember ganking his brick tanked orca during Burn Jota 2014 and he somehow decried it as a victory.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Salisbury Snape posted:

Where is Asher? Does he no longer sa?

He never SA'd much but I believe his username is Vulvamancer iirc.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

x delta squad crisis actor plexing my account for posting m

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

DerekSmartymans posted:

You figured out my plan!

By next year I’ll have all the isk, and also be the only one logging in. :agesilaus:

Focus on undocking over figuring out how to do all the tedium required to undock. It'll be a more interesting game.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

:swoon:

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

I see that we're all forgetting the vast amount of fan art of anthropomorphic space ship anime girls from popular internet submarine simulator Eve Online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

What is TTT? Asking for ny uninformed lurker friend who never posts.