Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
there are years where a week's worth of posting happens and weeks where years' worth of posting happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Mederlock posted:

You say that, but seem to be assuming that it's not happening. Not all the raising merry hell happens in Elysium or the SA thread. Some groups bring the sanitizing light of the truth out in the open and push the public perception in the right direction, like this thread has. Other groups use their influence in PM's, private/privileged channels, and other similar methods.

It would be just as reasonable to assume that all of the people raising hell in public about cancel culture and how this is just space enemies trying to smear Mittani are also accompanied by people trying to spread the rot in PMs, private/privileged channels, and other similar methods, so this isn't terribly reassuring.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

andromache posted:

Goonswarm Federation has heard the request that we retire the fatbee and all associated bee paraphenalia.

Effective immediately, I present the new, newbee:

what in the hell

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
it's difficult to imagine a non-racist form of genocide denial

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

BigPaddy posted:

Let’s not replace 40k gimmick with the second worse nerd sci-fi gimmick.

i feel like star wars has that spot on the list locked down pretty well though

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

this post has no other text because they're too busy stuffing racist illustrations from the 80s into a paper shredder

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

Two points here good sir.

A. I'm not a racist and you can gently caress off with that poo poo.

B. I don't own a shredder.

But in all seriousness just gently caress off with calling me a racist. You don't know me and those that do will say the same thing. That I'm not a racist.

this isn't a burn on you, it's a burn on battletech. if liking battletech makes you a bad person, then i am surely damned

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Kesper North posted:

HONK is the new SQUAWK

Word of Lowtax is still around fwiw, just on Discord instead of Goonfleet services. It's Word of Lbake now, for obvious reasons.

MWO is better than it has been for a while, by which I mean it's terrible.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Kesper North posted:

It's been years. I should try it again sometime! I love terrible games.

feel free to show up in the discord anytime, people can get you up to speed on what mechwarrior online is like these days

that's an open invite to anyone here who isn't a bigot or overly obnoxious tbh

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

FirstnameLastname posted:

[20:21:47] <themittani> also drop the loving bfm thing please, the victim posted on kugu years ago that while the guy is a shitbird she's not keen on being used as a bloody shirt in space politics every other month
[20:22:16] <themittani> she's a friend of a lot of the fanfest crew and i'd prefer to respect her stance on the matter

(Editor's note: Hmmmmmmmm what a strange thing for him to take such a strong position on, seeing at this point he'd been harboring a pedophile for years.
s it because he doesn't want the "victim was groomed through goonfleet.com part coming out?" Or was it to keep attention away from BFM?

Why does Mittani keep wanting to protect pedophiles?

Why would the victim ask Mittani to protect the person who sexually abused her? WHY WOULD HE COMPLY with that request if it DID happen? Her post is at the bottom of his one btw.
Notice the similarity in tone with this message by the sexpestia gianturcoand the "Drop the Xenuria stuff"broadcast. Maybe BFM was 'useful' to Mittani as well?
f he knew about this crime and that it was a real crime, why wouldn't he report it to the FBI? IT HAPPENED ON GOONFLEET.COM
Isn't this guy supposed to be a lawyer? )

pump the loving brakes here man.

mittani is 100% right here. it's not "defending pedophiles" to say that you shouldn't be using real-life safety concerns as a pretext for fake space politics. when someone asks you to stop going after their abuser because it's just making their life more difficult and offering them no relief, it's correct to respect that. and it's not hard to believe that low-stakes poo poo like motivating people to fight space wars is not something offering her any solace.

"is mittani secretly working with BFM?" does not naturally flow from "mittani respected the stated wishes of BFM's victim".

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jul 20, 2022

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Macha posted:

So PanFam gets a pass at harboring a pedophile child groomer? OK.. lol

obviously not! throwing him out of panfam seems like it'd be good for the people in panfam. but using his victim as a casus belli for star wars is disrespecting her wishes

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

homercles posted:

Sounds about 2006-7 era. Do you have something more recent? That was a very long time ago.

The current reddit mod tier are extremely zealous about pretty much anything that would affect advertising dollars.

The violentacrez expose wasn't until 2012. Lots of big reddit subs still have Gawker and its sister sites blacklisted for "doxing" him.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Kaysette posted:

can’t ignore mods :smugdog:

you can ignore them if you ignored them before they were mods

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
that's one way to frame "goons doxed a kid because he was annoying"

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

We don't loving care

I think it's interesting. It's not like letting people know what's going on in Goonfleet is gonna make them suddenly want to join it.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
i do appreciate that even after this goonfleet disaster, some things never change: no evethread poster will ever let anyone have the last word

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I think spraying TheAdj's every update in here counts as carrying their loving water

it's interesting to know what's going on with the null blocks. stop being an aggro turd to anyone who mentions GSF still exists

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Xolve posted:

That clearly explains why I've been able to join nearly every major alliance in this game though, right?

Nobody gives a poo poo about SA affiliation. Having PL in my Corp History was another matter entirely. Goons have always pretended to be the big bad boogeyman, but they've never been that- no matter how many deluded fantasies CD and the people who still style themselves as the 'Direkkktorate' in TYOOL 2022 want to believe otherwise.

i wonder how much of that is the product of change in almost a decade, though. TFS started things off by saying it was a 2012 perspective!

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Mekchu posted:

i was doxxed and kicked from gsf in the middle of fountain war and joined waffles within like two days. nobody gives a gently caress is you're an sa poster or had goons in your corp history in eve and if they do they're very much in the minority.

jeffraider joined in like 2004 which is before like any of y'all did, so did shamis iirc.

come to think of it, "goons believed their own propaganda" is also a reasonable conclusion from that post

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Bad Purchase posted:

i guess good luck to them in convincing people that the word that's been associated with this forum for 2 decades and is still in use by plenty of other SA related gaming groups now suddenly means something else.

only goons care about this though. people associate it with eve goons as much as somethingawful, in my experience.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

i am glad the WOL classics live on

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
no he's right, the bird-themed group making the sound a bird makes is something 4chan invented, that makes perfect sense

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
oh huh, apparently i have an old version of that goosefleet anime launch sequence saved

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

WorkerThread posted:

this is going to sound condescending, i guess, but i am genuinely curious. it seems clear that many people in this thread view how they participate in this video game as a moral choice.

your examples are (mostly) brief impersonal business interactions. discovering unrepentant creeps in your hang out space is a lot more disturbing and personal.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

WorkerThread posted:

maybe that's the difference. gsf isn't my hangout space. it's a place for me to buy ships from and get fleet pings

a lot of the stories related recently are people being creepy or hateful in fleets

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
idk, my only real interaction with mandozer outside of this thread has been negative, but i don't see why you'd be this hostile about the dude going to a group you're not even in. either his situation works out or it doesn't, it doesn't affect your life any.

and if you're gonna be this hostile, at least post better, christ.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

i know you edited it but the first time when you used the reddit embed, it really brought this home

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Feliday Melody posted:

Asher Elias is the new GSF leader. And he made a speech

My own comment is that any reference to what brought down the old leadership is absent. I would have liked a commitment to do better.

the pivot away from discussing the out-of-game misdeeds of alliance leaders is awfully noticeable!

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

andromache posted:

GSF is back to shooting spaceships and there’s no appetite for litigating it over.

how is it that every time you post in these threads, whether it's about mishandling sexual harassment or just giving people fake space money for fake spaceships, you sound like someone's lovely boss trying and failing to assert authority

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Gwailar posted:

The moral posturing in this thread is tiresome.
It strikes me as warmed- over religious fundamentalism by a bunch of presumably irreligious folks.

Stop LARPing paladins on an Internet forum.

cool reddit quote

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
it's wild to me to see andromache trying to set himself up as the good cop when he spent the entire last thread trying to downplay problems in GSF and nitpick accusations, all while positioning himself as a hard-nosed neutral arbiter

andromache posted:

That’s the part that I take a bit of offense to with Aldani’s “I told literally every director” bit.

Because no you loving didn’t. I’m vaguely aware of who she was as being in charge of like sirenswarm and social groups in general, but the claims in her reddit post were the first I’d heard of them.

andromache posted:

Yes, by asking people to be accurate in their claims I’m defending my pals.

Must be very nice to live in your kindergarten crayola world. You are making this post from your tower in Atlantis aka Bolivia aren’t you.

andromache posted:

How is that anything like what I said. Not choosing to go further in a Reddit thread because the OP was going for the sensational emotional splash instead of factual accuracy is always the right call for media consumption. - social or traditional. Don’t fall for the clickbait.

andromache posted:

Yogizh sent some dumbass corpmails like a year ago. Some like identify as an attack helicopter poo poo and some alt right YouTube link.

But because he wasn’t publicly executed for it, people keep hanging onto it. I have no idea if he was privately disciplined for it or not, but fairly certain the policy isn’t to discuss that poo poo publicly anyway.

andromache posted:

It’s my imperium persona but it’s very much not my delta persona as most people in this thread will agree. I inherited reimbursement from Khefron and when initially hired I resolved to be a kinder, gentler, customer focused director than how Khefron ran the org.

I promptly realized Khefron was right, goons are loving terrible, and developed some very spiky thorns to dissuade anyone from bothering me unless they absolutely had their ducks in a loving row.

this isn't even cherry-picking, it's just posts one after another, just a few weeks ago.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

more wojak than man now, twisted and reddit

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

what is that man doing to that wormhole

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
I find it really weird that you are so defensive despite discovering this thread a few days ago, so there's lots of weird stuff

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i don't even know what you guys want any more, to be honest

from where i'm sitting it looks like a bunch of incoherent screaming

it can't be being unbanned, not a single one of you is ever going to go back of your own volition even if you could

i don't think people want to be unbanned to rejoin, they just want to be unbanned to be vindicated. "well, you were right, there were problems, but they're solved now" is cheap words.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

Maybe insufferable to you. But they are my kind of people. The ones who take a stand and make their voice heard. Are you one of those folks who wants to be meek and quiet? And prefer that boat never gets rocked?.

yes, unless it involves buffing suicide ganking

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

40 lbs to freedom posted:

why is this thread on slow mode and also why are there apparently 2 eve threads

goonfleet drama

toilet eve is mobile eve, a separate game

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

Is that a reasonable neutral-ish summary? What did I miss?

the only thing omitted was that it also ended up being cause to relitigate some other ugly stuff in mittani's history, and arguably just because it wasn't worth mentioning. a real good summary i think

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Bigbillthaboss posted:

why are you worm-brained wormholers still posting about us nullsec groups, don't ya'll have enough never-ending content to keep you busy in BirdFleet?

don't you have a war to be losing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

dragonshardz posted:

My dude, I don't even have kids and I can tell you from experience with both of my younger siblings that using a forceful tone just makes them more upset.

What makes you think the average non-goon EVE player will respond better to that?

i don't know what the target audience for his internet-tough-guy middle management rants are on a good day tbh

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

you have no idea what you're talking about ever

turn on your monitor