Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

is it possible to enjoy wormholes with a single account? there were a lot of things i liked about eve but always hated the normalization of everyone having 3+ accounts. i quit playing after the last war and the price increased seemed like the final nail but i've never tried living in a wormhole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

you all have too much of yourselves invested in this high school esque student government project. most people in the imperium (maybe a big chunk of the people that are fun to play the game with) are barely aware of what's going on, and you're going to make yourself insane thinking you're going to wake them up.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

FirstnameLastname posted:

realtalk
i tested in the 99.9th percentile for English consistently thru school i actually think in words in my head and sounds is a visual-spatial thing,
i think i might have a mild kinda synesthesia thing but I've never gotten tested for it i can read in big chunks is rhe best way to describe it?

I can remember when a movie came out pretty much forever if i see the year in parentheses after the title once i just remember the shape

it's how i was so good at eve market stuff

i just popped through pages and looked at the contour of the amount/price/age of the orders& can read the order page like a snapshot -moment of the order history and could kinda track the shape in my head

I've never met a person who reads as quickly as me I'm not kidding it always made me feel kind weird as a kid

by 1st grade they just let me read books during all the phonics reading stuff id crush 1 goosebumps during the hour they did it

read the 4th harry potter book the day it came out, i turned 11y/o the week before, i read the 5th one in a day too

u witnessing a new breed rh

anyone hirin' lmfao

im terrible at remembering stuff i hear comparatively because I've gotta kind of translate it all to text in my head is that a thing
I've never asked anybody what it is

i was a gifted kid too, op

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

lmao you guys are serious with the gifted kid stuff

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

so this is what the "goodposting" meme phrase i keep hearing repeated by goonwaffe members means

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

PathAsc posted:

Echoing this, especially that first paragraph. None of us are who we used to be nor ignore that. We learned and moved on with a better view of ourselves and others even though it may have been hard and painful to look and admit it. Still happened, no matter how long ago or recent the learning occurred. This thread is a testament to that, and the result of the unpleasant route groomswarm took and stays on.

I'm ready to lose ships to sleepers and environmental effects again, hail satan.

lol

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

"i helped create the imperium and was a member in good standing until last week, when it actually became super bad to still be in one of the member corps. i'm a good person now"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

at least globby posts sometimes about eve the game. thank you globby

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Cease to Hope posted:

that's one way to frame "goons doxed a kid because he was annoying"

i actually didn't know 95% of this stuff before joining gsf in game. making me rethink playing eve at all because it seems this game attracts psychopaths (and I'm 100% sure that behavior isn't limited to goons)

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

so what do you actually "do" if you're a single account pilot living in a wormhole? i've dabbled in exploration before and i've heard of people that multibox dreads in some kind of combat sites in WHs, but how do you make isk to support your pvp habits?

ps you all should make an old geezers retirement home thread so you can talk about that one time you were space important or share stories about the awful things goons did

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

TheWeedNumber posted:

Another one down

kind of wild that corp name still flies in 2022

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

WOW thanks, i didn't know that. i'm sure they just randomly picked it out of the dictionary.

:jerkbag:

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

being cutesy with that kind of stuff is extremely transparent and lame, kind of like all of the ww2 german naming and iconography that goons love so much

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

TheWeedNumber posted:

Cool let’s hurt a bluff about a PL corp name and ignore the fact someone became irl collateral damage behind our collective bullshit. Love it.

who is "our"

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Mekchu posted:

There are people who speak English outside of the USA so maybe that has a role to play in that word's choice in the corporation name :shrug:

there's no need to be so upset at me since I was just offering a possible rationale to the name. :shrug:

i mean you are right. i'd liken it to why nobody throws "-waffe" at the end of a word other than their lovely space guild. thankfully it only took some folks until last week to realize that place was not a very good or safe place to be. so that's good and its also good bfm got the boot.

anyway i hope you're not trying to use me explaining an english word that exists to paint me as any form of racist because boy that would be really messed up. :(

i don't know you, but if you are giving them the benefit of the doubt or offering a "possible explanation" then at the very least you are extremely credulous and stupid. at worst you understand the dog whistle and are winking along with it.

i would like to hear your thoughts on what speaking english outside the usa has to do with picking that word as the corp name, though

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Mekchu posted:

lol, just loving lol

that actually happens more than you'd think, especially in esl situations not to mention people who were raised in non-american centric culture that also speak english.

weird this became the focus of discussion for y'all and not the whole "person got doxxed again, somehow in relation to all the EVE stuff being posted itt"

:goofy:

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

sheepdemon posted:

Like there are things I can understand getting upset about but "that corp was named 15 years ago to be slightly race baity and now I'm terribly offended" has to be near the bottom of the list, right?

you're right, it's extremely weird i made an offhand comment about that dogwhistle corp name. the lineup of posters leaping to their defense is normal, though.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

RazNation posted:

I don't know. I do not think I have ever seen a white person get red-misted in the panties when called that name.

Maybe it means something to a redneck who has social issues but then having a person dropping the N word seems to be a huge no-no but when a black person does it, nothing is said.

I'm confused.

lmao

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Evil SpongeBob posted:

No, it's more like severing ties.

I've been out of GF for a few years, but I guess I just want to make sure I'm not on any member list even if it's just on a forum.

good, because i'm going to be auditing the people who have the wrong database flags in their user record and making recommendations to st. peter.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Mr. Grinch posted:

Asher is cool and I always loved his fleets but no amount of leadership shuffling is going to unfuck the fact that Mittens spent a decade turning GSF into a loving twitch chat
If you read the abdication thread and are still excited to be in GSF you need your head examined IMO

didn't read it. i think asher is a pretty good leader though, even if he is disgusting landlord scum

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

this is going to sound condescending, i guess, but i am genuinely curious. it seems clear that many people in this thread view how they participate in this video game as a moral choice. do you make analogous decisions in your real life? like, never shopping on amazon, working for a company whose head has credible sexual harassment or discrimination claims, etc. video games are way lower stakes, i suppose where the consequences of sticking to your principles isn't as high. i don't mind being called a moron for still being in gsf, but the tension of constantly watching everything that has a tertiary relationship with your consumption habits (in this case, video gaming) seems very stressful

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Cease to Hope posted:

your examples are (mostly) brief impersonal business interactions. discovering unrepentant creeps in your hang out space is a lot more disturbing and personal.

maybe that's the difference. gsf isn't my hangout space. it's a place for me to buy ships from and get fleet pings

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

ah yes the old "jeff bezos exists so can this rape apologist, pedophilia promoting video game club really be that bad" argument
:nallears:

is it your honest opinion that the imperium as a body (or w/e grouping you want to use) is even implicitly promoting pedophilia

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Nice rapsheet. gently caress off.

Man she's gonna take you for everything you have. I ran deep cover scams in EVE and pretended to be an alcoholic autistic nerds friend. It's the easiest way to get them to give you all their stuff, then you just keep pulling until they're dry.

Valko, come play eve.

nice

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

learnincurve posted:

Hello!

Wouldn't it be funny if you posted that in front of a lunatic gold star lesbian separatist who only buys from ethical companies and raised her children without television or religious education to avoid indoctrination by the straight white British man.

My food comes from a company who buys food from farms destined for landfill because of supermarket shenanigans.

your move dipshit.

that would be funny, op. i agree with some of the above posters that my metaphor was bad, however. from my perspective as an extremely casual line member that never looks at the (gf) forums or listened to firesides, etc, maybe a more accurate metaphor is quitting your local soccer club because fifa is extremely abusive and corrupt. maybe the people in the eve thread, who play more seriously and built part of that organization, see it differently than i do

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

That Works posted:

"Well I just take advantage of the broken system that enables abuse and even if everyone here has an issue with it I didn't participate with that but enjoy the perks of that system. I wasn't personally affected so I don't really see why people care, I sure don't and I want you all to know that. "

hmm doesn't really seem like a fair characterization of what i'm saying

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

I am a goosefleet recruiter. For a nominal fee of everything you have, I'll sponsor you into our nest .

Please contract your ships to Tiets McGhee in game so I can arrange the logistics.

i think this guy is kind of what set the question in my mind. i love a good back and forth and don't mind generally aggressive language but you have a crossed a line into being abusive (the post i quoted above, not this one), even if that kind of stuff is normalized in eve. you're a toxic human being (based on your posts) and leaving gsf had no impact on that

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

I am a Certified Scrum Master and have been a Product Owner within various Agile frameworks

Frank Frank posted:

I’ve got my six sigma black belt and have my PMP cert. lmao kill me

the most disgusting revelations from this thread so far

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

post a Panfam one next, because it's just as relevant

i like to read the updates. relax

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

it's interesting to keep up with what's going on in eve online but the best part of this thread is reading the moral pronouncements of people who learned slurs are bad or you should be respectful of trans people approximately two years ago.

sometimes i think of resubbing to help with the war but the $20 price tag seems kind of high, and that's just for a single account player like myself

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

D name posters should not do SYQ shenanigans.

Your baseline post quality is a 6 on the Bristol Stool Chart, so scooping up a handful of 7 from reddit to post is really just a self own.

We can't tell, it just looks like an original product.

hmm

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Love to obsessively check the killboard of my posting enemies to make sick burns about isk efficiency.

it's a funny killmail, op

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

it's not a big deal which is why multiple people have made a page worth of posts saying so

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

globby's playstyle is degenerate but who can resist riling up the most self serious gamers on the forum. it's actually not necessary to post :ironicat: and :nallears:, etc, in response to every post.

my sub just ran out so i think i'm done with eve for now. i hope ccp can turn things around but if not it will be an interesting post mortem. if they ever can make an eve universe shooter that more than 5 people get to play that could be fun though

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Potato Salad posted:

you don't say

that's correct, i am saying that

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

i need to see it on the official goon letterhead, though

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

PhilippAchtel posted:

GSF covered their scandal up for ***ten years***

It took members suicide bombing their relationships with you to get any movement at all.

I know you want to claim some kind of equivalence, maybe even a measure of superiority for ultimately being more transparent, but you have not earned it.

didn't you just start playing eve

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Rudeboy Detective posted:

everybody post one good thing that happened to you today in eve online

i thought about the time i tried to avoid setting up a courier contract to 1dq1 and lost around 1.5bil in bpos to a smartbomb gatecamp and it made me laugh

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

akma posted:

Should probably just start probing his enablers. You know.... the people constantly responding to him and constantly posting about him. His enablers. That'd be a lot more effective.

i like reading the same 5 people epicly dunk him 2009 style after every post, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

symbiotic interactionism breaking the age crime curve