Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
First

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
There was that guy syndic thrass in amok who got really upset one time when I asked ppl in a fleet to not use the R slur. But that was like, years ago at this point.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rhymenoserous posted:

There's a little part of me that wishes we could build one corp for ~gewns~ again and grow it from organically sourced goons but really that's just because I don't want to go hunting for a new home every time I log into this loving game two years after the last time.

That's the one thing I loved about the swarm and it was ruined. Rip.

Just live in high sec :rolleye:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rhymenoserous posted:

I’ve been assured this isn’t happen…lol

Obviously he was a bad apple

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
You should undock and check out the space elevator.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Wibla posted:

I'll take a look at structure names later today.

Random question but can you name structures remotely? Or do you have to like, fly up to them and right click or be docked with them.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Wibla posted:

I don't remember, actually :downs:

If I see something stupid, I'll yell at people to fix it, so I don't really care if someone has to fly out to change the name.

Yeah I was curious as a tangent cause I've never had roles over a structure.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Bob Socko posted:

This is where I’m at. Change out a switch to a fancy-pants timer switch? No problem. Use that to add a new outlet so I can power a bidet? God, no.

Yeah once I replaced an outlet that was sort of melted. Twisting the ends of wires into those little plastic caps is kinda fun I guess.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Vanadium posted:

Hey could people who screenshot goonfleet dot com forums content please make their browser window a bit narrower, it's a pain to read on a phone if I have to scroll sideways all the time, ty

Hold your phone sideways

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

BigPaddy posted:

It has been BoB for like a decade with people having to click participation links so that there are stats about which corps are turning up to ops which is used to judge who is active enough to remain in GSF.

Have to clock in for my space job.

To be fair, that was for the pubbies. I don't remember (TrueTM) goons ever being required to click paps.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Feliday Melody posted:

This is the latest Waffe info.

I think it's funny that they are removing the "bad smilies" now and not.... idk at some point in the past.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rust Martialis posted:

I mean IIRC Lowtax made it clear he officially wanted nothing to do with Goonswarm, so it's weird to claim to be 'the official SA eve group' because there's never been one I know of.

I'm really upset about this too.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Bigbillthaboss posted:

I dunno man everything seems sort of fine now

I heard the 1dq ansiblex got reffed

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Micromancer posted:

Ladies and gentlemen I would like to confirm that Amok. is in fact actually recruiting.

Plz take this post to reddit where it belongs

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rudeboy Detective posted:

become gnome

return to forest (syndicate)

ezpz

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

become gnome

ezpz

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

become gnome

ezpz

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

become gnome

ezpz

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
MY RIGHTS AS A POSTER ARE BEING INFRINGED UPON

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

become gnome

ezpz

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Bilirubin posted:

make deadtear IK

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

yeah but i'm telling you, you and your splinter group don't even play eve, and listing them as an option to play eve with goons is doing a genuine disservice to any goon- you've killed 4 ships in a month, and 3 of them were 1 guy (2 were empty capsules).

it's a joke splinter organization propped up by alts.

join goonswarm

edit:

i don't think you'll hit 100 bil by the end of the year. I can do that in a single day by myself.

if you really didn't care, you wouldn't have posted

the fact of the matter is the people that left are entirely irrelevant to the health of goonswarm

if anything, the people leaving over the drama only improved the alliance by instilling a different leader that actually plays the game- the loss of those individuals did absolutely nothing to impact the strength of the alliance negatively

Same

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

don't fall for the dishonesty!

it's nice down here with people that actually play the game and are normal

Very normal guy named 1001 Arabian dicks

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Zakrello posted:

you can do what you wanted, at the same time I will just do what I want. you guys can call out entire GSF and label them whatever you wanted, but that doesn't make it the truth, full loving stop.

Source

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

i wouldn't have expected making fun of the lovely splinter group's killboard full of "goons" would be met with nearly 50 replies defending it, lying about it, and getting personal over it

one of the cringiest posts i've ever read on here tbh, should've just quoted dj instead

same

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Orions Lord posted:

Because most of the people here have nothing else to do apparently.
Don't you understand we are the bad people here.

We need to go away so they can do their little gaming stuff sitting behind their screen all day long.

Omg no please don't gank me :qq:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
https://zkillboard.com/kill/102474699/

Fuckin ELITE PVP HELL YEAH MOTHERFUCKER

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

People who have been orbiting GSF for their entire video game "career" are experiencing a sudden scope shift to wormhole land, and things are fresh and exciting.

Its like im a child again!!!!!!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

i love this implication that i would want a pedophile and sexual harasser in my space guild, because i don't want to kick the people who didn't do any of those things

i'm completely fine with the pedophile being kicked, and the other people doing the bad stuff qutting the game and no longer logging in again, that's probably the best case scenario

Ok

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

ullerrm posted:

Thread can’t be redeemed, OP. Just unbookmark it and take your memories of the good times with you.

(I’m back to winning eve, but the Goosefleet folks seem cool, and I strongly suggest they make a separate thread so that the “is illum actually a bad thing, and can/should GSF redeem itself” prattle can be contained to this damned place.)

Probably the best course of action.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

he can do that while being banned, hth

"guys we just don't post them lol haha"

no one believes you, dead group

because ur group is already going through drama and all of u suck at the game lmao

what drama

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

scroll back a couple pages

yeah dont see anything

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Bigbillthaboss posted:

I think, but I might be wrong, he's just highlighting how a number of active posters in here (but not all!) are posting about 'things' and 'stuff' as if they were heavily involved with the EVE community and EVE organizations for, what is seemingly implied, a long time but in fact barely play the game. It seems as if he's highlighting the ironies or hypocrisies riddled in many of the posts, for example, comments about how spaceship guilds should be run when in fact they have realistically spent very little time in organized space groups.

same

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rust Martialis posted:

At least 2003, Rust was created that June:

The ancient times...

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah put gsf in the op......................................................................................................................................so i can poop on it!!!!!!!!!!.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

if you dont have avatars enabled you're not a person

paul harris posted:

thats not a bad price compared to other free to play games and they need to make money somehow. plu its an optional purchase. nobody is making you spend the money if you can't afford it. without this sort of thing, you'd have less staff and less resources to put towards making exciting and new content. why would you want to not have the game succeed?

Same

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Dalael posted:

But what if someone changes your AV and you also happen to make a good post? Ppl will be all confused.

That's part of the joy of the forums.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

paul harris posted:

whoever suggested karmafleet as a place to join, thank you so much. you're a good person.

what an amazing grouo and the bigger group, goonswarm federation, is also full of awesome people from top to bottom from what i've seen and they are all really level headed and chill.

in the interest of fairness they should be added to the OP since they are goons, and it seems lots of the people posting in the thread are also members there.

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rust Martialis posted:

Agreed, yet the rather obvious conclusion is that the actual net impact on the alliance membership is basically zero. Now you could argue the stats mask some unknown number of players who just quit the game while staying in GSF, not sure how to show that.

Alex is gone (and should be banned), so at least something good happened out of this.

I feel like this is a bit of a straw man since the alliance has always had a lot of pubbies, right? When was the last time the goonwaffe Corp outnumbered the pubbie corps?