Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Still an absolute banger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_UNpD0AvFc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The imperium is no longer connected to SA. People like Test and PL are not in the OP either. It’s nothing against the line members posting here that they got put on the poo poo list, but right now, today, for people jumping into game from SA, it’s a safety concern..

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The imperium no longer has special status within Something Awful.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Mederlock posted:

You say that, but seem to be assuming that it's not happening. Not all the raising merry hell happens in Elysium or the SA thread. Some groups bring the sanitizing light of the truth out in the open and push the public perception in the right direction, like this thread has. Other groups use their influence in PM's, private/privileged channels, and other similar methods.

Anyways, I can't really defend the quality of our posting because :lmao: , but it's simply not true to say that everyone left in the Imperium are Mittani bootlickers who had lovely takes in the QA threads.

It is fair to say that the Mittani bootlickers who had lovely takes in the QA threads are still there and still active on Reddit, literally right now. And when we say lovely takes lets make no mistake, about it, I have had racism and homophobia thrown at me by people happily wearing goon tags after the meta show in a thread I made on Reddit about it. One imperium member got very upset at merc for not doubling down on the transphobia and was of the opinion that he was less of a man because of it.

Only you can’t see that because Reddit mods “cleaned” the thread.

Until this stops, you can all go do one quite frankly, because it does not fit into SA’s 2022 ideals.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

PathAsc posted:

If I ever actually resub instead of flying free, who is up for lighting a cyno straight into the sun safety.

https://discord.gg/x39z3G6H

This sounds like the most beautiful thing, and just like the kind of blue sky thinking a diplo director needs.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Don't see why we would direct people to play with a group this dead comedy forum's not affiliated with anymore

Stockholm syndrome mostly

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
SsssSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssSSSSSSssssssssssssssss My pink boa constrictor max that I rescued him from a toilet roll.

Amok is not getting in the OP other than the poo poo list, it’s a no, end of. New thread goose. HONK

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

a big fat bunny posted:

no one brought up that BRAVE guy in the previous thread (yeah yeah, i understand where the focus was) and i was going to really and for sure give the bad internet spaceships game a try but go through their newb corps. "Maybe this is a sign," i ask to no one but myself as a flaming, golden threaded wreck burns in the background.

Counter argument, Dunc made a video using they/them pronouns today https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/w1gdh7/hes_a_10_but/

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lets be clear. Nobody cares if you are in a non-SA corp, no one cared when that chap from papi was posting after the war, no one even cares if you play eve or not. You are all welcome to post with your space frens still.

Globby is going to be on soon to post about how ganking mechanics are skewed towards the 2 day old noob in a venture and it will be back to normal service.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This thread will be here in 6 months time, I’ll properly gob off at anyone who goes too far with the smugness and the crowing, and I’ll make the promise that you’ll activate the same unrelenting defender that you’ve seen this week.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My corp isn’t in the OP and I’m outraged

because I and space boss are the only ones who speak English in our group, and an influx of industry goons would strip our belts too fast and everyone would be mad at me

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Honk if you read that as respectable lady

honk

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

dragonshardz posted:

That's my secret, LC, I'm always respectable.

Is recreation your destination though?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykDsmAqExH8

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Aww Don’t go after people’s spelling or writing comprehension, I post nervously with one working hand and one working eye on an iPad which punishes me by sending the Apple auto correct whappy for not updating the iOS..

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Rhymenoserous posted:

Absolutely not. I belong in a cloaked ship in someone elses home.

Then oh boy does hole squad have a place for you.

As an added bonus after each break you get to play “hunt the exit”

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

PhilippAchtel posted:

It's a revolution, folks

Honk rabble rabble honk!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

FirstnameLastname posted:

realtalk
i tested in the 99.9th percentile for English consistently thru school i actually think in words in my head and sounds is a visual-spatial thing,
i think i might have a mild kinda synesthesia thing but I've never gotten tested for it i can read in big chunks is rhe best way to describe it?

I can remember when a movie came out pretty much forever if i see the year in parentheses after the title once i just remember the shape

it's how i was so good at eve market stuff

i just popped through pages and looked at the contour of the amount/price/age of the orders& can read the order page like a snapshot -moment of the order history and could kinda track the shape in my head

I've never met a person who reads as quickly as me I'm not kidding it always made me feel kind weird as a kid

by 1st grade they just let me read books during all the phonics reading stuff id crush 1 goosebumps during the hour they did it

read the 4th harry potter book the day it came out, i turned 11y/o the week before, i read the 5th one in a day too

u witnessing a new breed rh

anyone hirin' lmfao

im terrible at remembering stuff i hear comparatively because I've gotta kind of translate it all to text in my head is that a thing
I've never asked anybody what it is

Are you me?

I have a partial photographic memory and I think you have too, no one with this is the same but you may recognise the next bit.

I don’t read words I read entire paragraphs of text at once, like the shape of the letters in the big block gets fed in and reading comprehension happens. When I was a kid I could break world reading records but I wouldn’t let my school take it further because they were freaking me out.

I can often remember images of things I’ve seen like snapshots or movies in my head.

I cannot spell and even worse is maths, my brain can’t seem to see individual letters or numbers so I have to use a calculator very slowly for even addition. It is also super random as to what gets retained, names go but I’ll be able to recall a random photograph in a book with perfect clarity 20 years on.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

lollontee posted:

i'm just wondering, are there like stable wormholes into specific nullsec systems? like, can you base out of wormspace, but build bridgeheads with sov in nullsec?

Shattered wormhole chaos 4life.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
There is bathroom stall penis graffiti on the actual Sphinx. While Napoleon was getting art commissioned of it his soldiers were having lols.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Maneck posted:

It still backs into racism though, as it amounts to a denial of European colonialism.

Even stupider than that I think, that stuff is based on WELL ACTUALLY bollocks by people desperate to tell you that Germany didn’t exist till 1871 so how could Germany have been involved in slavery hur hur hur checkmate liberals.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Double posting by mistake like a boss

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Mandalay posted:

I haven't played in 12 years, should I pick up this game again?

I had the same gap as you and it’s a massive new content drop for old players. Worth an install to see the graphics update at least, I was like “holy poo poo, this looks like how I remember all the really cool videos they made in 2006 now”

lot of people in goosefleet discord logging on for the first time in years working out where their stuff is and wondering how the blazing heck to get a carrier out of deep enemy space.

Warp core stabs are an ACTIVE module now.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Mandalay posted:

Should I create a new character or use my old one? I logged in to find out I have too many skill points to train new skills. I also noticed that skills like Eidetic Memory were removed? I probably need a tutorial at this point.

I think you are on the wrong section of the stupid new skills queue thing, you want the list which is the right hand side tab.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Syndic Thrass posted:

I'm fascinated by this person

I think he used to be in my corp.

we had a couple of wars and he jumped ship which was unfortunate timing for a WH guy, but I am somewhat pleased I don’t have to explain him to goons.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

also if the WH thing you guys are building gets any legs, definitely think about hosting your own WH tracker thing

for now though it's probably fine

I will put that in the suggestions box

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
For a game that seems to be no longer in development, CCP sure do love loving up the Mac Client launcher

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Cenodoxus posted:

:ccp:

Has the Mac experience improved any since they rolled out the native client last year? I used the old pre-native client a few times to run an alt on the side and always had to crank everything down to get decent performance, even on a 2019 MBP.

iirc this is a 2018 iMac. It's much better in browser for graphic and performance but your overview and chat stuff is gimped. With the client you can run most things at medium even at 4k in window, hit control f and reduce the size of window till fps goes up. I don't know why but it runs a lot cooler on Mac than on my PC, as a deeply unqualified guess I would think that not having to use legacy code is the reason for that.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
What a lot of us took away from the last thread was the healing and forgiveness within this particular group on SA.

Right now what goonswarm does is not the SA goon's concern, let them do their thing and we can now build on a foundation that a week ago literally no one would have seen coming. Second chances for us and ours is a theme, yes we know that this could bite us in the arse, all of us have played eve long enough to know the risks, but on a human level we are going to do the decent thing.

fissssswhooosh, new line, new start, new opportunities.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
there are already many goon groups in game, papi probably has more actual goons in it than goonswarm now. In normal times we all come together in this thread in the spirit of whining and complaining.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Goons who took down an evil evil empire be like “they removed learning skills now?”

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Yeh knowing the story against my will, I’m not going to say that’s not possible to have got PTSD from that, especially if you were online that night, and I cannot stress enough how much sympathy I have for the people who went through it. Anyone using his death for personal gain is absolutely beyond the pale though.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It’s a video game, you can kick people out because you just don’t like them or they are giving off creepy vibes, there ain’t no employment tribunals in eve.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
On the one hand if people wanted to attack delve it is unlikely Reddit could hold it, on the other now the Mitanni is gone no one is especially going to want to. Bold prediction: 2 months and redditswarm turns on innit for something to do.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I think we should focus on mocking on the absolute weapons naming stations as if the Mittani is the victim. Let’s not lose sight of the simple fact that he openly posted the kind of dreadful poo poo in public multiple times that would have got anyone fired in eve or real life.

These people clearly still think he was right, and until they get yeeted out if GS it’s very publicly mocking this new HR group and baiting them as meaningless

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
*twitches in where the chuffing heck were you when I was left to fight for the Goonswarm Trans community on my own

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Can’t access discord atm there is a screenshot of some tit losing his vargur to a navy issue osprey outside the station he had named “best CEO ever we will miss you the Mitanni xoxo” or something nearly identical.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'll be honest, the fact that wibla does not have the kind of mind that would immediately make them watch structure names like a hawk, like I would have done, makes me think more of them. :)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
christ I'm sorry to read that Celexi :(

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Bigbillthaboss posted:

how long did you spend on google looking for that word choice?

Let's not aggrandise ignorance k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
He's still there?