Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

ded posted:

um ello its ebaumsfleet now

You're The Mittani Now, Dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Bigbillthaboss posted:

Have you tried alternative outlets for communicating your advice?

Have you?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

"I don't care. I don't care so much that I'm constantly loving posting about how little I care."

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

seventh grade My First Group Chat antics

how old are you

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Man Insists There Are No Ties To GF Because He's Such An rear end in a top hat That Nobody Has Invited Him Into Those Spaces

Serial rear end in a top hat Shocked, Confused When People Who Are Friends Are Still Friendly

the headlines write themselves

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

wait the alliance whose leadership had a major issue with popular support for "shoot that bitch...broken wing...amber heard... who can't find the block button" is holding an election?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Wibla posted:

That poll is a joke :v:

ayy cool

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Spice World War II posted:

Okay okay, enough, I've heard the calls, I will restart the one true goon Corp and alliance, The Executives [Suits] [EXE]

I forget, are you Mo or Kitchener?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

L0cke17 posted:

It seems weird to me how few people dropped GSF on dotlan. Only a couple hundred pilots left apparently?

I was at least a dozen of them.

Karmafleet [GDWIN] is the largest corp. There's tons of corps who actively *seek to attract* people like "Everyone who isn't my type of protestor is a terrorist" Issabella. There's going to also be tons of normal, non-chud people who have been putting up with this poo poo for up to (or even longer than) a decade and are cool with continuing to put up with it because GSF has tons of other decent people and also wins wars.

I said it in the last thread: there's going to be a wide gamut of reactions, "Heil Mittani, shoot them Amber Heards" to "gently caress I'm out" and everything in between

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Did PCgamer go "believe men" on that or something

*skims* lmao it's effectively "believe pedophiles"

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

mcjomar posted:

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/discussion-community-safety-in-eve-online/370833

And the comments thread there is predictably bad, with plenty of trolls and worse.
Arrendis and Xttz are goodposting in there, but the rest is just noise.

I guess CCP is actually responding to the crap that's happened though.

The "Help I watched a major name in Canadian domestic terrorism get assaulted by multiple men" post did make it their way, and if anything screamed "we need to speak up, what the gently caress" to CCP, it was that plus Xenuria.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

We're only one week after sexual harassment, pedophilia, queerbashing, and other horrible markers of lovely people resulted in a huge calamity, and already the alliance's leaders are equivocating about reversing judgments against the people who went to bat for the victims.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

lol

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I think the total reversal of any "changes" implemented will take place faster than anyone here is expecting

From this and what I'm reading elsewhere, they've already thrown out the core learning opportunities

only lesson they're choosing to learn is "circle the wagons faster next time"

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

spazzhole posted:

Well, for starters, maybe calling everyone in the alliance pedo enablers and not chasing off the SA Goons who were on your side initially but wanted to handle it in a different way wasn't so great in retrospective. The only reason this turned into a GSF vs Delta is because, as far as I can tell, no effort was ever made to include the other groups in Waffe. I spent five years working as a worker's union delegate, both sides in this fumbled this very badly.

"ACTUALLY THE PROBLEM IS THAT YOU WEREN'T POLITE ENOUGH, ABOUT THE PEDOPHILE SHELTERING WOUNDED-BIRD-AMBER-HEARD-BITCH-SHOOTING QUEERBASHERS IGNORING SEXUAL HARASSMENT"

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Mittani is the one who turned it into a "actually it's Delta Sqad vs the rest of us" thing and I'm really disappointed you've fallen for it, HVAC.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

"BOTH SIDES FUMBLED THIS BADLY, INCLUDING THE PEOPLE WHO WENT UP AGAINST THE MITTANI AND WON."

listen to yourself

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

why is the George Washington guy still here, if you have a thing for posting poorly and losing badly I think brave is recruiting

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

spazzhole posted:

(1) Well, for starters, maybe calling everyone in the alliance pedo enablers and not chasing off the SA Goons who were on your side initially but wanted to handle it in a different way wasn't so great in retrospective.

(2) The only reason this turned into a GSF vs Delta is because, as far as I can tell, no effort was ever made to include the other groups in Waffe.

(3) I spent five years working as a worker's union delegate, both sides in this fumbled this very badly.

Dude, beat by beat you've got this wrong, and not even in a marginal way. You are way off the mark here, and it's unusual for you.

1: The attacks alleging pedopilia enablement I've been seeing have tended to be specific, because they are intended to wound the perpetrators to the extent that the either lose power or clam up. Most posters aren't panning GSF broadly as All Pedophiles Everywhere. Really, dude?

Even if you were right about GSF being broadly painted as groomers or whatever, GSF has been harboring pedophiles knowingly, resisted those who have tried to throw them off repeatedly for years, and at minimum association is now a stamp of complicity or apathy. Apathy about everything that has come forward. It's like, as time progresses, GSF can be characterized as an alliance of people who found a mental block button for the abuse that is now plain as day before their eyes

2: I'm going to give you an opportunity to either walk this back apathetically or review logs yourself. You have the chronology on this reversed. The only reason that this came to light is because Deltas went to bat for their squad mates. It seems now from accounts coming forward that other groups have not made a massive, public rows about abuse that has thus been effectively silenced. Further, anti-transphobia pressure appears to have been applied from many multiples of groups at many points throughout 2021 that I am specifically aware of, and nothing came of it. Group multiplicity was not the distinguishing factor here. Broadly, FNLN and Hezzy had astounding volumes of unquestionably awful receipts, and each one got theirs. Mittens lashed back at subsequent criticism by pinging about Deltas going holesquad/fuckgoons/rogue long, long after the fact.

3: I can't even remember , I am so intensely disappointed right now. Who cares, insert :words: about shifting blame to the squad that arbitrarily didn't handle this PERFECTLY, because in an alliance that has largely killed squads and is increasingly populated by broad-daylight 1488 Men's Rights Activism posters, Delta didn't somehow get enough people on their side before throwing down.

This business attempting to force a binary "did Mittani lose or is he still around" :cmon: you know it's both. This is for the birds.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jul 23, 2022

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Fucken honk

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

^ lol fair

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Distasteful that there's still people trying to hem and haw and plant the seeds of rewriting history itt, even as we still have memory of exactly what happened and in what order freshly in memory and in text log

just walk away

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Rust Martialis posted:

Tbqh quite a few of the 'goons' and 'goon culture' that formed the core of the alliance a decade+ ago are a big root of the cancer in current GSF. Hence the trickle of retvets from that era that popped up in this thread during the last Delve War all being shocked you couldn't be sexist, racist and so on. They usually flamed out here almost instantly.

Given the cultural shift on SA, we're the ones that stopped being "goons" as they saw it. GSF has stayed closer to the "goon culture", haven't they? Isn't that the problem? SA goons grew up, Eve goons didn't.

So saying GSF isn't "goons" is ignoring the fact they're absolutely goons, but it's like a racist grandpa who keeps using slurs from his youth. They're just eve goons. Of all the things to obsess over, gatekeeping 'goon' is pretty out there, given over a decade of the link, overdue for severing though it was.

However the verbiage ends up breaking down, SomethingAwful bucked our serial abuser owner and GSF kinda maybe sorta did, jury's still out.

GSF sure as hell isn't going to be doing any growing so long as it continues to permit rightwing extremism to mainstream in the core GF.com and jabber community spaces.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

you're a cop union guy arent you

That's unfair.

There's a line between voicing really intense disappointment versus "you're a cop aren't you" kind of stuff

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Good Dumplings posted:

"the problem is that the people with recorded evidence that a crime was committed and abetted were rude, therefore they are as unsympathetic as the people directly involved with that crime"

I don't know why :decorum: is always the argument for why the leaders of a video game guild shouldn't be expected to avoid covering-up for documented pedophiles

Appeal to decorum is an appeal to return to the passive peaceable silence of victims unheard and pedophiles quietly sheltered.

"Let's return to peace" is structural power asking to remain powerful and structurally emplaced.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Appeal to decorum also offers opportunity to those who wish to begin the work of twisting words, rewriting event chronology, and shifting blame for fallout on to the oh-so-insensitive pedophile exposers, transphobia resisters, and those who understand that sexual harassment is more insidious than "why can't that broken wing bitch find the block button."

I don't even think that someone needs to necessarily intend to start rewriting history or going DARVO on the situation post hoc. I think people are sometimes used to just seeing that kind of dynamic play out: "it's behind us now, let's nitpick the ~strategic planning~ of the people who saw a simple request for addressing sexual harassment escalate rapidly into an internal affairs disaster that runs all the way to the top dogs sheltering pedophiles knowingly for a decade."

Anyone who has actually done any kind of genuine crisis management ought to know exactly how that continuum from a specific issue to a huge wrestling match provides little time for backing down and out without losing the opportunity to affect change, especially given that this was a video game community and not a professional union.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jul 23, 2022

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

There should be no peace within the ranks. There should be people picking up the pitchforks and torches. At this point GSF needs to wither away and die. Or be actively weeded out root and stem. Then doused in Roundup for good measure. But that's not going to happen. As long as people tell themselves it doesn't affect me. They'll continue on with the status quo at minimum. Or actively cover up any malfeasance by the directors.

It is sufficient to write the alliance off as a yet another NC. style concentration of openly aggressive political extremists and abuse minimizers. These people will always exist; the goal is to make the radioactive sign around the alliance's neck as bright as possible.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Rereading, I am tickled pink by the shades of meaning available in "affect change"

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

learnincurve posted:

Goonswarm just told me I didn't understand it's sense of humour.

*making a roman salute* You just don't get it, do you?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Dalmuti posted:

Brisc along with Mittani are the most powerful people in the world of EVE. ... You can’t just come and say that 2018 was good and I only want what it was then. It doesn't work like that. ... there is no need to argue. Do you really believe that Brisc wishes someone bad

Do you have a link, because daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

DARPA posted:

There were plenty of people broadly smearing all of GSF. For example:

See my post about complicity, which you appear to be embracing enthusiastically.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Regardless of whether you agree with me or not, remaining in GSF past this point is a conscious decision. At minimum, it's a demonstration of apathy or willingness to mentally "find the block button" for everything that has come forward. At worst, it's a statement of approval or solidarity with pedophilia or unrestrained religious extremism.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

It's also worth pointing out yet again that any "the institution is too important to fail" posting is talking about weighing their conscious choice to apathetically turn a blind eye to all that has happened--and will trivially continue to happen--in a video game community.

That's the "important institution" they're weighing against their personal moral code.

Edit: It also implies that "the institution" will fail without you, which no lol it won't. There's plenty of fresh blood and soil in EvE to keep GSF rolling.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jul 23, 2022

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I'm taking any bets that they'll purge :godwin: or :hitler: and the like. Purging the text of white nationalism in place of purging white nationalists themselves is an old, ooooooold "See, we're trying, honest" playbook.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

The richest part of it is that they're going to flail at things like the wiki or smilies for a bit but leave BBTB and whoever that "I messed up with edgy transphobic stuff, so you all owe me apologies" yxzidew or what's-his-name in the alliance.

They'll never ban their Lowtax and his most insidious enablers.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

The secret technique to dealing with goons and sundry other internet dorks that I figured out over 15 years ago is this: Gentle public rebukes do not work. If you want behaviors to stop you have to bully them into submission because "I'm making a dumb joke and people are laughing so obviously the person complaining is wrong" is all they're going to get out of that.

Consistently applying pressure also sucks the self-congratulatory fun out of the situation. Being a killjoy works.

Not that it'll work now that the circlejerk of armored wagons will be tighter than ever before.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jul 23, 2022

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

this poo poo always felt more straightforward when it was Manfred or Vince underwriting the worst poo poo in Eve online.

GSF leadership sold itself as the adults in the room, and I loving fell for it

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Lol at the "True Goons" who wouldn't last 10 days un-permabanned on SA in 2022.

I suppose there's a few "I'm socially stuck in 1855" containment zones where they would get by well enough.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Rust Martialis posted:

The next time anyone says posters in this thread aren't just tossing baseless accusations around and tarring all their imagined enemies with crazy poo poo, link the quoted post. It's just raving.

"It's the not-white-nationalist-bootlickers who are raving crazy"

Fight me on this hill if you want, I guess. It'll go really well for you.

This is your reminder that this forum ejected Lowtax before SA was bought out, not the other way around. You're not going to have a fun time defending serial abusers in here, especially when the top dog of the subject video game guild acts and posts exactly like the last guy.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

"Baseless accusations"

*looks at prior thread*

Ok, guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

So baseless that the previously-inconceivable act of Space Emperor Gaslight Goonboss Guy publicly stepping down happened.

Very baseless, the best baseless :yooge: