Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
what a stupid game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
thus, i have resubbed

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
this was a team effort, i'm proud of all of you. except you, rusty martialilulis, you loving sucj rear end

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DurrHurrHurr posted:

Wormholes have pretty quickly become the place to go if you want to run a small-medium sized group and want to have the freedom to largely just piss around; that place used to be NPC null but NPC null seems to be a huge fart nowadays.

i'm just wondering, are there like stable wormholes into specific nullsec systems? like, can you base out of wormspace, but build bridgeheads with sov in nullsec?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
hey maneck, am i banned from goonswarm too?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

learnincurve posted:

Warp core stabs are an ACTIVE module now.

jesus loving christ

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Alan BStard posted:

Eve went downhill after they messed with Yulai.

Also hello to all the old blast from the past names in this thread. Josiah Bartlet/Leo McGarry here. Looking up Leo since I sold him I see he was most active in some Russian multi botting alliance and his last kills in 2020 were against Goonfleet.

Cannot believe this game is still going and still able to churn out drama that puts other MMOs in the shade.

wb, get on the goosefleet discord

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bigbillthaboss posted:

It's a charity event, but still interesting to see Star Citizen and CCP team up on something.

I wonder what kind of creation would result from Pearl Abyss scooping up the Star Citizen IP and smashing them together with CCP (under the wishful assumption two negatives would manifest something positive).

lmfao

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
star citizen lol

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TheWeedNumber posted:

you are denser than depleted uranium my guy
:boom:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Shortest Path posted:

If everything crashes and burns and the only goons left playing are individuals or small groups within other corps then I'll have considered the whole enterprise a smashing success tbqh.

HONK!

the revolutionary organization never dies. HONK!

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

That Works posted:

In all reality I'll probably win EVE again after a month or two but its kind of nice seeing wormhole folks, random vets, some brand new newbies and some current line members who just left GSF all coming together to try to do a chill wormhole corp.

I definitely want to be a part of that even if its just a quick nightcap for my years in EVE. Going out on the right note is one way to help absolve ourselves for being the lovely people we were in the past.

just send me your isk

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ben Smash posted:

One time I was in Las Vegas in Mittani's suite and he spent 10 minutes trying to convince me that VileRat's death gave him PTSD. Neat that goons are gonna move on from him.

E: I have a few more stories to share if this is still the venue or if folks are interested.

...go on

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ben Smash posted:

Wrapping up the last leg of a road trip at the moment. Will write them out when I've landed. Good to know there's interest.

im going to bed, but yes, there is interest, at least for the sake of internet historiography. dis funny poo poo need ta be recorded somewhare!

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
no

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Potato Salad posted:

You're The Mittani Now, Dog

lol

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FirstnameLastname posted:

[21:57:55] <alpmighty> I even saw the e-mails he forged in which he had the audacity have the girl's father say 'Oh by all means please take my underage daughter and dominate her sexually, we are honored

it really is just so... impressive. how do you decide that this is a good idea, how?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TheWeedNumber posted:

Join GOOSEFLEET TODAY!

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

whos this :raise:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

Famous Groon Spai Ackbarre and yourself?

im alroight

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rust Martialis posted:

A gift from my new Dall-E access

i've had major debates with artists, on whether this constitutes as art. i'm yet to be defeated

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

:hai:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

andromache posted:

Like who? You guys ran off everyone of note in GSF other than like me, bill, and occasionally a wild xttz appearance. Seems like Asher’s play is to just do poo poo better and get back to playing eve. Let his actions speak for themselves and if that’s of interest to people ITT they can give it a try.

If someone got banned and wants to give GSF a try again they can reach out to our new exec either via PM on these forums, or I can get you hooked up with him on discord. GSF is back to shooting spaceships and there’s no appetite for litigating it over.

"getting back to playing eve" here being code for "nothing further will be said or done to adress the unmentionable issue"? Banning a bunch of people and then graciously offering them the chance to beg for a chance at re-admittance is the same as declaring "i was glad you were banned, but let's get back to playing eve now". these the actions the leadership is taking, although those outside of your bubble of a command hierarchy might not interpret them the same way you do, which i take to be an "ehhhh...."? i don't remember you ever declaring any emotional response to the revelations that your boss sheltered an actual pedophile, or what you thought ought to be done about the pedo enabler. so i take it that you believe the organization, you be a part of, as more valuable than any moral foibles about brushing aside years of blatant abuse of power and position? the goons must go on after all, and you must believe that you are a member of the goons. you can't be a member of a bunch of nerds who enabled abuse, and did nothing about it when it was brought to light. that simply cannot be, yes?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gwailar posted:

The moral posturing in this thread is tiresome.
It strikes me as warmed- over religious fundamentalism by a bunch of presumably irreligious folks.

Stop LARPing paladins on an Internet forum.

thanks for your opinion, j4g. now gently caress off

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

andromache posted:

It was bullet 1 in the 4 point list I posted when I was asked by the directorate what the hell ya’ll even wanted at this point.

I think someone had a 4 point list a few pages back that was pretty close to what I sent over. Can’t remember the exact verbiage but it was something like ban mittens, apologize, unban whistleblowers, and publicly flay attack helicopters and blm are terrorists people.
thank you for being a stalawart knight in our eternal crusade against these actual vermin who make up a seemingly significant portion of your internet guild. and the response you got was....? gently caress you?

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Just thinking how its really unique how people play this MMO in so many different ways. A lot of people play it just as a spaceship shooting Number Go Up mmo but some people apparently actually roleplay based on the ingame lore stuff. You can obviously play it as a pure econ simulator/trading game and float around in big slow space trucks. You can roleplay as a pirate or mercenaries and pick out an area of space to be a dick in. You have the Mittani and other people who tried to make it a political thing and roleplay speeches and stuff like that. And other people play it as like a bureaucracy or corporation simulator, mainly focused on increasing output (people logging in), tracking metrics and other weird middle manager personality poo poo like the 'I was on vacation last week and look what I come back into' quote a few pages ago.

Anyways, it sucks the people running the game obviously have little interest beyond milking their remaining customers until it either dies outright or they find a way to move them into something they like more (first person shooters apparently). But it's neat that there is a MMO environment that accidentally mashed up all the * Simulator games out there.
really, theres something to do for everyone, ultimately the game seems to be about who can create the most power collective of cooperating individuals. since there's so many different things to do and authorise, when it comes to shared resources and who can make what for the betterment of everyone, questions of power and who has it are decisive ones, at least regarding pedophilia enablement. it's a really fascinating game to just think about! the mechanics are really loving boring tho

Good Dumplings posted:

gently caress off with your disingenuous bullshit tia
:boom:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

causticBeet posted:

FWIW eve SA threads haven’t been useful since like 2015 so it’s not like this drama is any departure from the norm. What even is a useful thread? Aren’t most people here in the “well u see it is actually bad to try to be good at eve” bucket

well, the "drama" is useful in determining which guild to join, one of which will ask you nudes, the other helping you to learn how to ruin your life by playing eve.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CainFortea posted:

I don't need to compare him to mittens. They can both be bad.

dozers been cool to me. dunno him from before you guys had your incidents, but he's not bad now. as for exposing his genitalia to your peers.... send link to vid thnx

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

wow good job you guys killed some ventures today lol

yeah, i spotted them and then we hunted them down! we killed a hictor attempting to roll our hole later too! lot's of fun!

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FirstnameLastname posted:

wrong fun :colbert: you didn't even use the fun to make yourself feel better than someone else, dummy

well, the important thing is that we actively made someone elses gaming experience worse, and that gives me a warm feeling inside

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Solus posted:

When you have so many harassment survivors it’s hard to keep track

it's hard on the abusers too. there is immense pressure for release

Bigbillthaboss posted:

b]is everyone on SA like this now or is it just this person stalking me around on the forums?[/b]
who the gently caress are you and why the gently caress would anyone want to follow you around. or are you talking about remembering things? that's a ban, if so. no remembering things allowed

Bigbillthaboss posted:

oh also re: strangely aggressive response - it's because this dude has been lurking and waiting for me to post so he can copy/paste the same img over and over, it's like the 5th time in 3-4 days, and its making me feel weird

you are aggressive and annoying, and not in a good way, like me. you the guy who wants to defend groomfleet, even after all this evidence of repeated and systematic abuse of authority? go right ahead, and remember to act really salty and haughty about being the most ex-cool kid on the yard of the rehab clinic. you are a tool, and everyone thinks you're laughingstock. moron

lollontee fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Aug 2, 2022

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

People joke about the legendary SA load-bearing slurs, but that sort of what this is. When it was decided by whoever that Goonfleet should be a big space empire that fought large sov wars in a grindy rear end mmo it has always protected people who did space jobs. I vaguely remember how most active people freaking hated DBRB because he was a huge pubbie idiot on the forums and on TS. But he was never kicked because he would run fleets to shoot POS towers like 18 hours a day and that meant that Mittani or whoever didn't have to do poo poo. The ultimate solution was just to recruit more pubbie idiots and the problem sort of goes away.

Anyways, guilds like this really show the bad side of MMOs which is basically exploiting depressed people or others who are looking for social connections into doing stuff like fueling POS towers for years and cutting them off from society in general. Probably more of a Eve Online problem than a Goonfleet specific one, but GSF certainly made squeezing people into being perma-online more efficient than all the other big groups.

:hmmyes:

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vando posted:

You really need to grasp the idea that whether it's trolling or 100% genuine doesn't matter.

you really need to grasp the concept of mutually inclusive sets

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

paul harris posted:

i have only a small idea on what the hell is going on but some of you need to see a therapist for real

people who see therapists are healthier than you, probably because of that very reason

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bilirubin posted:

Here I skip 15 pages of posts and can't tell the difference

lol

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Larry Parrish posted:

exploration is fun and i wish relic sites were more common in wormholes so i could spend more time in them. i mean they show up, but your better off just riding them to some empty nullsec backwater most of the time, so you don't end up scanning all 400 unfarmed sleeper combat sites

you really should hit it up with the goosefleet if you wanna do wormhole stuff, it's a lot more fun to risk all that you have with a bunch of people to beg money from when you do lose your only ratting BS to a random marauder

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Larry Parrish posted:

the problem with living in wormholes is id rather die than shoot rats. i'll stick to pouncing on people with my lovely astero alone every 2 years

theres a rewards program for scanners and scammers in GANDR

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
lol auth my sweaty balls. application sent

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
heh... groomfleet

Salisbury Snape posted:

It riles a few people up that you allowed mandozer amongst the goose ranks while he runs around shouting "friend of the family" at everything that moves.

um... what? where?

lollontee fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Aug 21, 2022

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
some of us made compromises, some us still hold true to the old ways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation