Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macha
Mar 6, 2016
Hey quick question,
So this entire mess with Goonswarm, and especially the issue with Xenuria being a pedo, has reminded me of the Archeage goon guild and the splintering of that guild over a pedophile. I remember playing during that time, but I was just some dumb low-level guy in the guild. All I remember was SCT kept bringing another goon, BobFromMarketing, back in after he got kicked for being outed as a groomer.

I went with Kimsemus' group because holy poo poo, gently caress that. I can understand not knowing the guy was a pedophile that had groomed a kid, but once you know the only acceptable response is to cut all ties and fire them out the airlock.

Well, surprise surprise. BobFromMarketing is still playing EVE. Looks like around the time he got outed he joined Pandemic Legion.

Anyone got any of the info on BFM? Would be great to get a second pedophile out of EVE Online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macha
Mar 6, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

he got run out of goonfleet years prior to that and me getting him permabanned from sa is the direct cause of the archeage poo poo

also its either not that guy owning that character or pl straight up doesnt care

Yeah. I can forgive a lot of poo poo, but pedo/grooming is absolutely just no. And shame on the Archeage goons that wanted him around because 'he provides lots of wool!'

Can confirm though, BobFromMarketing is pedo-Bob. Bob FromMarketing is the one that is a different person. I've mailed PL leadership about it but they just don't seem to care.
Imagine not caring that a pedophile is in your group...

Macha
Mar 6, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

The alliance with a corp named "Sniggerdly" in it not caring about that? Why I never

Could still name and shame/call them out too. Lots of PL members are/have been SA members.

Lots of PL leadership/members also have alts in Pandemic Horde. Horde was started by PL leaders and FCs. They are complicit with having a pedophile in their alliance.

Macha
Mar 6, 2016
I know a lot of people might not like this, there are a lot of rightfully angry people right now. But I do hope that Goonswarm and the current Goonwaffe can purge the bad influences and be saved. I’m not a Goonswarm member, not even in null. I have played both allied with and against Goons at various points. But a lot of good goons, Atrum comes to mind, have put a lot of work into the alliance.

It also is pretty frustrating to see outside groups like PHorde and TEST cheering this on, knowing they don’t give two damns about the bad actors, and would probably invite Xenuria or Mittani into their fold if it meant beating Goons. To them this current turmoil is simply a weapon.

Bring back Delta. Airlock Mittani. Ban Xenuria. Not necessarily in that order.

Macha
Mar 6, 2016

learnincurve posted:

What a lot of us took away from the last thread was the healing and forgiveness within this particular group on SA.

Right now what goonswarm does is not the SA goon's concern, let them do their thing and we can now build on a foundation that a week ago literally no one would have seen coming. Second chances for us and ours is a theme, yes we know that this could bite us in the arse, all of us have played eve long enough to know the risks, but on a human level we are going to do the decent thing.

fissssswhooosh, new line, new start, new opportunities.

I wish you all the best of luck. Again, not in goons myself. But just knowing a goon group is out there makes me smile. I just have a bad feeling that this is going to end like Archeage where two goon guilds form over a similar situation and the two splintered guilds are too weak and collapse, leading to no goon guild in the game.

Macha
Mar 6, 2016

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I don’t think too many posters ITT would mourn this particular scenario overmuch. Just giving you a heads up since you must have just woken up from a coma or something.

I mean I did say I’m not in Goonswarm. Hell I only recently came back to the forums after Lowtax took a permanent nap.

learnincurve posted:

there are already many goon groups in game, papi probably has more actual goons in it than goonswarm now. In normal times we all come together in this thread in the spirit of whining and complaining.

Yikes. I hope not. PAPI has BobFromMarketing

Macha
Mar 6, 2016
So PanFam gets a pass at harboring a pedophile child groomer? OK.. lol

Macha
Mar 6, 2016

spazzhole posted:

Mittens is gone; the changes I wanted to see are either here or coming. If they don't hold to their word or he comes back, I'm out. But until then I'm seeing how it plays out.

This is pretty reasonable. Most goons I’ve flown with at least seem to be swell people. Recently helped us dunk Parabellum in W-Space. Was a great time. I really hope that the changes are coming as I have thought of joining goons at some point to give null life a try. If the coming changes are real and do stick, then I might do just that.

Macha
Mar 6, 2016

Mekchu posted:

Nobody said that?

Good. Then I mistook what was being said about “let’s not use BFM and it should be dropped”. Hopefully pressure can be out on to get that creep removed from Eve. Pandemic Legion. More like Pedophilic Legion.

Macha
Mar 6, 2016

Citizen Rat posted:

Hi Deadtear. Missed you.

And fnln is doing a disservice to Ark. Not that my dad wasn't completely willing to drive down from Alaska to find my dog, but Shiny beat him to it because about an hour after I got the email from Alex saying he was divorcing me I called Ark & Shiny crying from Russia having hysterics because I didn't know what was going on, where any of my pets were, and things in Russia had gotten ... complicated. Shiny & Ark, being the stellar human beings that they are, helped me find Sitka, 'convince' Alex to sign over the necessary paperwork to get her from the kennel he'd dropped her at, and then housed her for the month until I could get back from Moscow.

Then Shiny and another Madison goon found two of my cats--Jetta & LBJ--and got them returned to me about two months after that. And then the goths found my last cat for me about 6 months after that. I've had all 3 cats & Sitka ever since and they are doing very well. Thank you to the people who were concerned for them. Please stop emailing me about it. It's very weird.

edit: Not that this is any sort of drag on fnln. The game of telephone has been going on for a long time for this one, I think. Trying to piece together that mess from third and fourth hand accounts must be exhausting.

Holy loving poo poo.

I'll admit, and on retrospect I have been wrong. In the past I would defend Mittani. "Oh he's not that bad a guy." "Oh, he's just playing a character for EVE." "His bullying of The Wiz at fanfest wasn't THAT bad. We all used to say toxic poo poo about each other all the time." I had met him at fanfest and while he definitely was full of himself with his whole "I'm the most famous Alliance Leader in EVE. I'm The Mittani" as if that made him space emperor, he was an alright person on the surface.

But that's loving evil. gently caress Mittani, and gently caress anyone who has anything to do with him at this point.

Macha
Mar 6, 2016

Voyager I posted:

Being completely serious - congrats on getting out.

Same. Glad that you're doing well and glad that in the end this horror story had a happy ending and you got your kitties back.

Macha
Mar 6, 2016

Knowing how PC Gamer handled when the wormhole corp I was in was being evicted's little article, they interviewed only a single person, probably Mittani himself, and then went to reddit and read like 5 posts for the rest.
What a useless rag. Woudln't even wipe my rear end with it.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Goons made me bitter and unwilling to put up with stupid poo poo cause I did auths at peak of popularity and holy gently caress goons are so dumb

Know what would definitely help you in these trying times? Starting up a real throwback. New goon guild on whatever version of Archeage still exists!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macha
Mar 6, 2016

Durendal posted:

All that Adj post is missing is a tag line at the end that reads “The Mittani sends his regards”

The Adj sends his regards.

Feliday Melody posted:

Atrum is lobbying publicly and probably privately too in order to have bans reversed for people who did things that they would normally have been able to get away with.

Atrum is a good person and hopefully is at least moved to high up in the organization.
I still use his gankmail template whenever I gank someone in high or lowsec, offering protection plans, and asking them to rate on a scale of 1-10 their gank, ending with a 'Yours in Christ'