Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

So the CCP head techno evangelists ailed by their traditional small dog syndrome, have once again decided that now's a good time to impotently start chasing unrelated to Eve popculture techobuzz. Seems that Hilmar has recently read a Tweet on how chat AI is gonna make it as big as VR and change the cyber landscape, and full of inspiration decreed the already strung out player-facing team to implement (and in turn moderate) one of the popular Google scraping chat bots for their official Eve discord. Well Eve players being as such, this "Rogue AI" event is going as well as you'd think.

Does Hilmar even still care about EVE? I got the feeling he checked out mentally years ago and is now just looking for a new bandwagon to jump on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

CainFortea posted:

Mostly. Except it turns out that Xenuria was let in because sex pests can smell their own.

Wasn't there a thing for a short while where people suddenly decided Xenuria had been unjustly maligned and was just a misunderstood easy target or somesuch? Including people making excuses and Grath Telkin hugging him publicly at Fanfest? Or am I just misremebering that?

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Also, didn't Grath join GSF or am I totally wrong? Is he still around?

I heard he joined Amok or something. Also pretty sure he was in Goonfleet at some point, he's said so at multiple points.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

CCP really needed another cancelled side-project to pad out those resumes.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Aren't CCP a wholly owned subsidiary of Pearl Abyss? How/why are they getting their money from vulture capitalists? Andreessen Horowitz, no less. Unless PA just doesn't give a poo poo as long as CCP is bringing in monthly revenue...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

Fiacre posted:

My point is unequivocally restated in the last two sentences of my long post. The only similarity is the secrecy by which both are kept from membership. Goonswarm setup the beekeepers to expressly separate the video game stuff from the real stuff. Anyone saying I equate the two beyond that are doing so just to make an actual bad faith comparison. I am happy to let people show their true selves.

You could have said "I'm dissapointed that Gooseswarm didn't do more due diligence and isn't held to a higher standard when anger about the lack of that in GF was part of the reason they exist to begin with" and be done with it. But you had to go the extra mile and mention the Xenuria poo poo.

Nobody forced you to do that, nobody put you up to it or twisted your words. You shat on the floor of your own volition, you don't get to huff and puff and act all indignant because people are pointing that out.