Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

No you can't read the text anymore but you get the joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
There's a lot of legitimate reasons to be a spaceships online doomer, but there are still some interesting nuggets. I haven't touched the game in a year or more now but I had a shitload of fun doing shady stuff in Pochven. The krab drama was dumb as gently caress but getting to roll around in blingy subcaps fighting over money geysers without the fear of getting hot dropped was amazing. It also opened up a ton of local politics, fights over the few remaining structures and was a nice staging ground to gently caress with most of the galaxy.

Between flashpoints, incursions and wormholes it blows my mind that CCP keeps accidentally stumbling closer and closer to a good PvE experience yet never seems to capitalize on it. From their point of view I can at least get why they would leave Pochven unfinished just because it's a ton of effort that can only support a few hundred players. On the other hand a few hundred players is now a pretty big chunk of the playerbase and they could totally find some way to adapt high value group PvE/P where you need to compete for the site into other parts of the game.

As for why this thread is always The Way It Is though, this game seems to be a magnet for the socially maladapted. I think it stems from "yes it's totally fine and cool to scam, look at all of our player intrigue stories about scamming and spying!" and having to do a PhD level of research to understand the intricacies of pressing orbit + F1. Despite all that I keep thinking about coming back every few months to shoot at whatever other sad weirdos are left.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
Sooo time to dust off Burn Jita Permiter?

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
I do a bit of industry and it's super handy to use the extra character slots on every account. Getting trained into PI on an alt is super quick and from there you can do a short train for more reaction/manufacturing/etc slots or Yet Another loving Barge Alt depending on what you are angling for. Outside of that I don't know, maybe slightly cheaper skill extraction farming with MCTs than Omega?

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Lorem ipsum posted:

Yea the station is a super old lowsec(?) station so it has like 1000 years of stuff in it

It was one of the main asset safety landings from Drones before it got shoved into the triangle. I was very confused why there were apparently t2 bpos in Pochven until I asked around.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

TerranRaida posted:

I get made a director only a few months ago and people are acting like I developed this from my own brain on reddit and the eve o forums calling for me to get permanently banned. It's such a bummer to get railroaded like this.

The best piece of advice I ever got as a semi-public figure was to read all feedback in Dale Gribble's voice because it conveys the exact level of respect you should have for people posting their speculation as hard truth. The corollary to this is never take feedback from someone you wouldn't ask for it anyways. Sucks you have to go through all this though. Worst case you get freed to go paint little plastic dudes?

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Kazinsal posted:

iirc it was one fuckin person losing all those orcas too :cripes:

you're telling me I have to read the intel channel and push buttons on my computer? I didn't think geese were that kind of alliance wow.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Fajita Queen posted:

Idk why you left, if your existence makes a boatload of redditors mad that just sounds like a great perk to me.

Getting them mad is one thing but being on the receiving end of an inquisition from a website that is ironically enough is botted to hell and back would probably make me biomass too.

We did it reddit, we caught the killers RMTers

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

TheWeedNumber posted:

gotta work hard to get it to 100%. Need that achievement on steam

One or two more fleets with the world's most constipated nerds talking about their totally real sex lives and I might be able to get it to 97% :smithicide:

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Elukka posted:

Is there something wrong with the evidence?

Besides the total lack of it for anything beyond skynet existed and there was some sus poo poo on a github of a booted alliance member?

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
I can't believe goons would tacitly endorse botting by silencing critics like this. I have no choice but to ask why Delta sqad has done such a thing?

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Potato Salad posted:

Are you understating it or is it really that flimsy

I wish I was. It's literally just that an alliance member with a prior history had a public github that had... shockingly enough, bots in it. How dare geese not do full code reviews on every member? Also, someone with a link in a discord profile means that everyone in the alliance must clearly know about the contents of said link and be actively using it.

At the risk of a second Techno hitting the thread, seriously if someone has definitive proof that anyone was using that code besides Elusif please post it for justice and internet comedy purposes.

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

40 lbs to freedom posted:

"if you're so innocent why didn't you defend yourself on reddit" is one of the most ridiculous and insane things ive ever read in my life

If you're so innocent then why does even the most innocuous defense actually reinforce my belief in your guilt? Checkmate atheists

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

Talran posted:

Wait are there actually people who don't afk rat?

Also yeah goose was kind of formed from people who were fed up with that bs afaik

Sadly, yes. I am such a loving dipshit that not only do I play Eve Online, I actively pay attention to my ADM grinder ratting ship despite it's ironic bot name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021
The beacon elusif provides.