Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FelixNC
Jul 14, 2022

NtotheTC posted:

Good for you for making a stand, but I've been in and out of the jabber and forums since I left and the massive majority of opinions have been "mittani did nothing wrong he's a king this was a psyop" to the more restrained "the SA thread was a toxic woke cesspool, both sides have done wrong but harassing mittens was mean"

If there's a contingent of people in the alliance saying "gently caress mittens I always hated him" then they're keeping it very quiet

As someone who is leaving because of this (per my post history), can confirm that this is absolutely true IRT KF membership at least. Voice chat gradually pushed me out due to general discomfort even after Shingly came down to correct matters. It may have gotten quieter but that doesn't mean it's gotten better.

I like Merk, or at least I used to, but we've also got real winners like Roman Eight running their mouths effectively unchecked. Until the culture is fixed - from the top - and people like that are shown the door, there's no room for people like me.

learnincurve posted:

Can’t access discord atm there is a screenshot of some tit losing his vargur to a navy issue osprey outside the station he had named “best CEO ever we will miss you the Mitanni xoxo” or something nearly identical.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/102218176/

This guy isn't in my corp so I can't say much but judging by his forum posts (and deployables) he'd get along well with Roman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FelixNC
Jul 14, 2022

WorkerThread posted:

that would be funny, op. i agree with some of the above posters that my metaphor was bad, however. from my perspective as an extremely casual line member that never looks at the (gf) forums or listened to firesides, etc, maybe a more accurate metaphor is quitting your local soccer club because fifa is extremely abusive and corrupt. maybe the people in the eve thread, who play more seriously and built part of that organization, see it differently than i do

Quitting your local soccer club that's entirely funded and outfitted and controlled and branded by fifa, because fifa is extremely abusive and corrupt, might be a tiny bit closer.

Whatever subgroup you're a part of is still inextricable from the incredibly hateful thing at the top; that's what I was told when I joined, after all. One tribe, one culture, one Imperium. The corporations' individual cultures are subordinate to the alliance's. And if the alliance's culture is rotten then where does that leave you, when you're sticking around because you like the SRP machine and the GEZs and all the other benefits that the system has provided, because you're not one of the people who was wronged?

Some people have to shop or eat at places they might find morally questionable because humans need certain things in order to live. How you choose to spend your leisure time is far more telling about your personal morality and what you consider important or not.

FelixNC
Jul 14, 2022

Solus posted:

so how about them spaceships

Gonna level with you and seriouspost (I don't know how to do anything else well): Goosefleet's been great over these past couple weeks. There's no massive industrial complex to lean on, sure, but it has a bunch of chill and cool people in it that make playing the game fun, and that more than makes up for any amount of fake space money I'm missing.

Living in jspace is weird but also fun. Glad I'm doing it with this crew.

FelixNC
Jul 14, 2022

WilWheaton posted:

I find it hilarious that this is just a loving intel bot that everyone is having a meltdown over

I’ve seen countless times where the in game delve imperium intel channel gets spammed relentlessly by someone misconfiguring their bot setup and everyone just laughs.
I remember this too (a couple times). not a harsh word from anyone, not a 'this is unacceptable', not a 'we don't do this here'. tacitly approved by all, and in an org that big you just go with the flow or leave. leadership could've stepped in at any time, it's not like imperium has people who don't enjoy bringing the hammer down. they just hate paperwork, and also, losing botted taxes I guess. wonder if there's a spreadsheet in the back somewhere that calculates the expected loss of income from a hard anti-botting stance (and actually enforcing it)

PuppiesAndKitties posted:

Given his past history it’s entirely likely. That said, it’s real gross how all these chuds came out of the woodwork to suddenly care about a tiny wormhole corp when there are so many worse and more blatant actors out there. Is botting and RMT bad for the game? Yeah. Is it a very convenient excuse for gross dudes to harass women and queers outside the game? Also yeah.

dragonshardz posted:

less about what they think and more about what they'd do. Techno was already well on his way to creeping my socials to "prove" i'm some kind of manipulative sociopath with a victim complex.
eve online has such a great community, welcoming and inclusive and self-policing

I sure don't regret all the money I spent on my sub(s) over the years and all the time and emotional energy invested into it

:smith:

FelixNC
Jul 14, 2022
:stare:

I know I shouldn't be surprised but that sure is a richly poo poo-filled dumpster to unearth and I regret taking a sniff of the bouquet.