Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

GW has been dying for a while, no more than a glorified holding corp with little structure. though theyve moved much of that holding corp stuff to someplace else, and supposedly are giving it a ceo and stuff...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

learnincurve posted:

I have a half billion isk skin on my prowler that turned it into a pink and purple disco junkyard

You spent half a billion on a skin for a ship that should be cloaked 95% of the time? Worth it for the disco, I guess.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

You guys may not know this, but it is actually possible for people to not only enjoy eve, but also be normal people.

Just a thought, since it seems like some of you can't understand that not everyone who plays the funny spaceship game is a mittaniesque weirdo or xenuria the child molester.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

The Shortest Path posted:

You just don't hear about the normal ones because they don't cause drama.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

learnincurve posted:

That was the kind of thing a Redditor would say.

Ouch, call me anything but a redditor. That just makes me feel sick.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Call my posting bad, fine. But me, a redditor? That just crosses the line. I don't want to be associated with any of the r/funny lurkers or whatever horrible poo poo they do over there.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

dragonshardz posted:

only the best and brightest for Corpse Diplomatique.

also, imagine needing to make a specific rule against blowing up your own structures so you can loot them because the rules against goonfucking somehow don't apply.

just a cavalcade of galaxy-brain manglement

Lol told my corpmates the only things they could say about this was gonna be complete bullshit, I was not wrong.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Xolve posted:

You being a Redditor would imply you've practiced posting somewhere other than this thread, and by looking at the quality of your posts, we can rule that poo poo right out.

Ah, much better!

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

dragonshardz posted:

idk feliday's more in tune with the goings-on in the Imperium than you so I'd take what she says as true.

Nah I believe feliday, I was talking about init leaders.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

dragonshardz posted:

You may want to lead with that next time.

"Whatever they are gonna say is gonna be bullshit" made more sense outside of SA and right after the incident, but yeah, probably.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Guys you don't get it! Goons are toxic and they always will be toxic! Horde and the rest of papi could never be toxic! Only goons!

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Horde people constantly saying that imperium are toxic and that you should go to horde cus it's safe. Not anymore!

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Potato Salad posted:

who said horde wasn't toxic af

Horde

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

:lol:

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

NSH saying the mittani did nothing wrong? That's gotta be a joke.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

That's great, a rorqual mining a moon in a wormhole. Whilst I am kinda confused by the risk vs reward(don't wormholes only have r4?) I give mega-props for undocking big poo poo, jspace is suffering greatly from the declining player base and desperately needs more people doing stuff like that.

(Trying desperately to not be patronizing.)

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

That's the idea, it's not smart, but it's fun. And how I got caught and the way reinforcements got brought in taught me a lot about how to hunt effectively in wormholes.

Yes, wormholes are definitely in a great place atm, if everyone in null moved to jspace eve would probably be the greatest game of all time. Super-profitable krabbing, no local, scanning, more scanning.

So many if-onlys... sad

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Aedaxus posted:

Yeah, those white cis men like Queen Elisabeth, British prime ministers Margaret Thatcher and LiZ Truss. Also German Chancellor Angela Merkel and President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen. And so many more people you ignore. You are also ignoring all the proud black leaders in Africa and the Chinese leaders? Aren't you including them? Welcome to my ignore list, bigot.

I think he was talking about the US?

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

How did you even get your hands on one of those and then go "yeah, I think I'll put this in a hecate."
That's like... the best dc in the game.

I'm also disappointed you didn't abyssal roll it, but whatever.

E: second most valuable killed ship on zkillboard rn. That's definitely an achievement, really putting GooseFleet on the map.

floppyspud fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 3, 2022

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Feliday Melody posted:

Does T1 and T2 logi frigates count as logi ships in the monthly statistics?

Not who you asked, but I would assume definitely for T2, and probably for T1.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Solos hecate now the top ship kill. Really going up in the world!

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

tell that to anyone high up in a large alliance/coalition. currently fraternity are the online large alliance good at whelping poo poo, and thats not because theyre conscious of the circle of eve or that more explosions make a healthier game, thats just because theyre fraternity.

fraternity also probably has the largest amount of titans in the entire game and they arent willing to use them against brave/gtc who have very few so.... idk

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

andromache posted:

Asher doesn't really give two shits about the SA / GSF drama, so if anyone wants to join Goonwaffe off SA because you like that nullsec lifestyle talk to me or Maneck. Otherwise current Goonwaffe members are allowed 3 vouches at a time, people they vouch in can be naturalized in 90 days (and then they can vouch others).

maybe this is answered from what im quoting, but it sounds like separating SA from goonfleet/waffe/swarm was more of a quick response to get away from the gross stuff that was happening at the time, and less of some permanent ruling although it certainly looked that way from outside. is that correct?

also does this mean SA and gsf have made up and hugged? or is there still going to be a period of "readjustment" between the two. will it end up with goonwaffe and goosefleet seperate but still both advertised on SA as theyre quite different.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Rudeboy Detective posted:

Not to mention the insane way karmafleet circles the wagons like a lunatic cult at any hint of criticism towards a member as important and highly valued as -checks notes- xenuria.

lol karmafleet.

theyre weird, and i dont like how they hoover up good new players and give them very little community or reason to fight and post and stuff.

let them be weird and stupid i say, apart from xenuria. keep that poo poo out.

but on the topic of martini and his attic, i dont see a tonne of people posting "GIVE MY MITTENS BACK!" constantly, its just not really talked about openly. though im sure if i put up a poll on goonfleet and people actually responded truthfully rather than telling me to sign my posts (though it is really funny) it would be a fairly large portion that supported him. also there still is a bit of awful behaviour but its mostly in smaller communities (ie. smaller corps, maybe sigs/squads/socials) and less of the whole of goonswarm being equally racist. like there is like... 1 person in my corp who sometimes posts political poo poo thats not the greatest but hey, better than being in SNOOO.

just some remarks of a lovely line-member.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Bigbillthaboss posted:

Does anyone have a tl;dr summary of these new destroyers? are they in the game yet?

I have been riding a bike for a couple months please excuse me.

no destroyers, we got navy exploration frigs designed for combat probing and quick blapping of small, weak things (im thinking venture hunting, mtu smashing) sorta like if an astero and T3Ds had a child and it lost a lot of the good bits, but its will be pretty cheap so meh, it could be useful if you want to scan down and club defenseless things.

probably more importantly, we got new navy battlecruisers that look pretty cool. myrmidon, cyclone, ferox, and prophecy navy (or fleet, for minmatar special snowflakes) issues that are all basically beefed up versions with some cool bonuses.

as for actually getting your hands on them... they are on tranquility, but unless you do the events to procure them and then build them id say good loving luck. some are selling for a couple 100 mil (and thats those lovely frigates, i dont even know if people have bcs yet.) a fraternity leader said in an announcment of all the terrible things theyre gonna do to brave+gtc when they get out of bed (literally, haha CN timezone) that they want to use PNIs as a fleet doctrine, but thatll be a while... other than that i think theyre just neat solo or small gang ships

TL;DR of my very long TL;DR: no destroyers, navy explo frigs, cool navy bcs, fraternity likey, hard to get for now.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Bigbillthaboss posted:

OH poo poo! I forgot this was coming out!! I may log in to test these out soon(tm)!

get on singularity if you want to test them out, do the event if you want to spend a really long time farming one.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

theyre gonna have to do some pretty crazy, wild poo poo to get people ratting and hunting again. like, as crazy and as hard to do as removing the ESS reserve bank and DBS. theres no way theyll be able to do it, its just too hard.

despite CCPs best efforts to make it go away, nullsec ratting is still a very important pillar of money making and content making, so they should probably fix it quick.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

dragonshardz posted:

tbh wh ratting is way better, especially in a wolfgirl raypats fleet. hanging out shooting the poo poo with some friends while you drill holes through red crosses is a good way to spend an evening. plus, if someone tries to drop you, you're in a gaggle of Kikis and whatnot already so you BRRRRRRT and the bads-b-gone!

if ccp ever wants to revive nullsec ratting, they could do well to add non-instanced sites with "weather" and encounter design that encourages bringing friends to do them.

yeah, wormhole ratting is in a far better state than null ratting (in basically every way) but most people live in null so fixing it is pretty important.

i know that wormholers hunt nullsec ratters too, i know i did, so everyone should be on board with making nullsec ratting great again.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Dieting Hippo posted:

There really is no incentive to nullsec rat compared to 15 years ago. Back then rat bounties were higher, and with a solid amount of ratting you could easily afford enough ISK for ships and even game time codes.

Then they reduced the amount of bounties nullsec rats gave and implemented the DBS which could theoretically increase the payouts of rats but requires it be in a system where people are already actively dying. If it's in a safe system the ratting payouts go down.

15 years, and all they've done is reduce the amount of money that nullsec rats give. Their only carrot involves enough people getting blown up in ships in a single system to increase the DBS multiplier, and that only works if people are playing the game. Meanwhile the cost of literally everything in the game has increased - with one month of gametime now over 2 billion ISK. You'd have to shoot at over 1,000 nullsec BS rats to even get close to paying for a month and that is just Pain.

Double the rat bounty payouts, and you'll get people to consider undocking again to get some of that cash. Then you'll get more roaming gangs trying to catch these greedy new ratters, which means more people getting blown up and buying new ships. No one's going to undock and shoot at a literal thousand rats in a month unless they're a masochist.

mostly true, but you can still make a lot if you invest and try.

most notably, escalations. a 10/10 escalation can give 100s of million of loot at the low end, and a couple billion if you hit the jackpot. those and the occasional commander spawns which i mostly see as paying for my occasional ishtar loss.

but yeah bounties are basically not a thing anymore lol, i just rat in the safest, emptyiest, lowest security system i can for commanders and escalations. i desperately hope ccp can wake up and see that doubling the bounties and removing dbs like you said would desperately help the state of the game. it saddens me to go on old threads and hear people saying "a ratting myrm can make itself back in about 7 ticks, and an ishtar 12"

E: "make a lot" is relative to bounty earnings if you do it for bounties, its of course gonna be nowhere near c5-6 farming "make a lot", but its also way safer and needs less capital and skills, so it makes sense.

floppyspud fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Oct 7, 2022

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

minchar posted:

I hear crab beacons are pretty good isk/hr for nullsec ratting. Someone was talking about 400-500m in a super doing them but can't confirm the accuracy of that.

Then again, it's trying to get the isk for the super in the first place that is hard to achieve by nullsec ratting. Not to mention the need for all the other poo poo on standby to save your squishy rear end super from bomber hordes.

Yeah, crab beacons in a super is pretty good money and very easy too, since all the enemies are meant for HAW dreads, and a surprisingly large amount of people still have ratting supers from the times where they were the defacto way to make money in null. But yes, getting them is expensive.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Baron of Bad News posted:

Marauders are BAE.

They are. They're arguably the best ships in the game aswell because they can do so many different things for relarively low isk/skill investment, from wormhole krabbing, to nullsec deds, hihsec mission running, and triple ancil pvp vargurs, etc.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

andromache posted:

Pandemic Horde loses Hel in Delve:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/103889400/

Abridged story is he was trying to do a drive by on crab beacons in 1dq1, so a hunting party was sent after him in NPC delve. Bumped off a second super when they jumped to their exit cyno, so couldn't get off the cyno grid, was decloaked by an observatory.

Attached is delve.imperium whilst this was happening. Glad something happens in autz...

Felt bad for the guy who lost his nag, but he was running crabs in 1dq so lol.

E: So yeah, 2 hels did a driveby on a dread running crabs in 1dq, one got killed, one got away is basically the full story.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

floppyspud fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Oct 10, 2022

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

learnincurve posted:

Should mean they lose TTT money right? Because if not one dude and a dog is sat there laughing while collecting billions

I'm also thinking that horde and goons will be trying to get test out of the TTT deal, if they do lose it (which I hope to God they do) they will die very quickly.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Fraternity is gonna give them deklein after they win the war against BTC... which they will surely do. Also now their space is owned by some Chinese panfam alliance, basically that stupid mango alliance that tried to fold 2000 people into goons after announcing exactly what theyre doing without anyone realising.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Don't worry guys frt is fonna make all their eutz FCs not poo poo and stop feeding dreads and just get out all their titans and super... they're gonna win the war just like they did in venal... (feeding 800 billion and calling in half the game to help them and it does nothing)

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Once they lose TTT income test will fold.

Good riddance.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

salartarium posted:

Isn’t TTT their project? I remember something about the keys being handed over, but can’t they just refuse to make changes to the payout?

It probably is theres, I don't know. But I feel that horde and goons are both gonna start eyeing tests share.

I mean they aren't using it for anything other than the directors wallets and maybe some "gifts" to fraternity (though that's just a conspiracy) and maybe the pay amounts were written in stone and test is gonna keep their share... but I hope they lose it. Also has anyone noticed the amount of people saying "if everyone bands together, we can destroy TTT and save eve" like it isn't owned by the two largest blocs in the game? very annoying. It's always been a thing, but it's getting more and more common.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

psilocybin laden posted:

it's very funny because it's 1. not the problem with eve, 2. not going to happen because no one except me wants to sit in highsec for multiple 20 hour tidi fights over a keepstar armour and hull timer on the busiest node

One time someone said TTT is why new players wont stay becayse all the newbies come in and then they see TTT and quit because of how much money the blocs are making from it or some poo poo??? I don't even know it's just so dumb.

Also the people saying that the magic 14 was gatekeepers new players from playing and should be removed LMFAO. Some people are just so weird...

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

CCP added C-Type crystals to "offensively mine out the enemies resources lololol" but if there are no rorquals left then how are the enemies supposed ro get those resources?

Kikis are the offensive miners that we didn't know we wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Then why on earth did you join the marines

Crayons.