Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General_Disturbed
Apr 7, 2005

Ride the 8=====D

Mederlock posted:

You say that, but seem to be assuming that it's not happening. Not all the raising merry hell happens in Elysium or the SA thread. Some groups bring the sanitizing light of the truth out in the open and push the public perception in the right direction, like this thread has. Other groups use their influence in PM's, private/privileged channels, and other similar methods.

Anyways, I can't really defend the quality of our posting because :lmao: , but it's simply not true to say that everyone left in the Imperium are Mittani bootlickers who had lovely takes in the QA threads.

Hello space friend! I respect that you have a deep connection to goonswarm and want to remain and hope everything will get better. But it's not going to happen. TheAdj literally doubled-down on every single thing that is currently wrong in goonswarm. Including refusing to ban/remove Mittani who is guaranteed to walk right back in the door in 6 months time. Anyone who tried to make things better in goonswarm this time around was banned and they doubled down on keeping those bans. People who 'rock the boat' are aggressively not welcome in goonswarm and they have made that very clear.

Whether you want to admit it to yourself or not you are at best, just enabling whatever abuse they are going to perpetuate on whoever is left, by remaining. The only thing they want you for is to be a warm body in a fleet. They have cut all ties to the SA community, all ties to anything that made goonswarm what it is, they are literally just a corpse with our name, in the hopes you will continue to show up and press F1 and not ask too many questions about why people around you are being banned if they speak up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General_Disturbed
Apr 7, 2005

Ride the 8=====D

feedmegin posted:

I used to be GSRecon director. I had zero power to do either of those things. Again what do you think a director is exactly? Mostly it's just access to a particular Jabber channel. Random directors don't get to kick and ban whoever they like let alone rebrand the alliance.

I mean the current leader of ~TheImperium~ made it very crystal clear they have no intention of banning or distancing themselves from the mittani in any way. Dude will be back to running the place in <6 months. Only way you can affect any positive change at this point is to vote with your feet. Just go somewhere else. Maybe another alliance that didn't kill its entire culture in favor of sexpests, if you can find one. Staying in Goonswarm at this point is just, you're there to press F1. Nothing more. That's all you exist to do and be. Your culture is gone, your leaders don't care. You press F1 or you get out.

General_Disturbed
Apr 7, 2005

Ride the 8=====D
I was logged in to clean house and some random initiative guy asked me why I'd left goons. So I gave him all my isk and the last jaguar I ever flew. May he tackle something expensive with it :sun: