Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

edogawa rando posted:

Can we get rid of the Star-Spangled Banner?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPZ07lKO-HA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Nocheez posted:

I'm so tired of these "amp up" songs at sporting events and such. They're just tropes at this point.

"Seven Nation Army" really should be stricken from the record.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

YeahTubaMike posted:

"Seven Nation Army" really should be stricken from the record.

Jesus yes. I've hated it ever since I was with my ex who would spend every Saturday afternoon in the local guitar shop playing that and 'Mr E's Beautiful Blues' over and over again because they were the only 2 songs he knew how to play. gently caress, dude, learn a third song!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

yugioh mishima posted:

if i could remove one artist from existence, it would probably be maroon 5

on the one hand i hate buckcherry more than maroon 5, on the other hand maroon 5 are somehow still relevant against all sense of logic or good taste, so i agree with this

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Maroon 5 is essentially Adam Levine at this point, and I too would be happy if I never heard his high-pitched whine of a voice again

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Ed loving Sheeran Thinking Out loving Loud is the worst song ever created hands down. It's trite. It sounds like poo poo. It's sappy but doesn't earn a moment of it. It has nothing to say, but if you do try to interpret it it's a celebration of mediocrity.

'Maybe it's all part of a plan' gently caress you you loving gently caress

unknown butthole
Jan 2, 2020

The old customs remain
and the ancient gods live on
It's too hard to decide when so much music is so bad.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Two American kids doin the best they can

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Weakerthans Virtute The Cat Explains her Departure played on my local college radio while driving like a precision strike just after my cat had just passed so that loving song (it's lovely but gently caress that song)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Literally sobbing like a widow who's heard the song that played during the first dance with a lover whom they lost at sea, except my cat and its daytime traffic and I'm being looked at really weird.

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin
Oops I Love You https://g.co/kgs/rBQgWk

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

CJacobs posted:

The Weakerthans Virtute The Cat Explains her Departure played on my local college radio while driving like a precision strike just after my cat had just passed so that loving song (it's lovely but gently caress that song)

... man I love the weakerthans

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Revins posted:

... man I love the weakerthans

Right? gently caress those guys, but like, in a good way

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i hate winnipeg

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Fuckin Flagpole Sitta.

Eat poo poo, Harvey Danger. Your song sucks, your singer sucks, your name sucks.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Mr Blue Sky by ELO, because it makes me sad.

Theres an almost perfect pop song embedded in that thing wanting to be free, but its so weighed down by its own pretentiousness that its almost unlistanable. If you stripped out all the lovely opera stuff , the accapella stuff, the the self indulgent instrumentation and the generic 70s prog poo poo you'd be left with an almost perfect song. But you cant, because its almost half a century too late for it. And so it stands as a testament to why the punks needed to burn down the rock establishment. And that makes me sad.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
Anything by Natasha Beddingfield

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Walking on sunshine

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Dixville posted:

Walking on sunshine

:hai:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Sister Golden Hair by America. I just don't really like that song and it gets played all the time on my local classic rock station.

e: How could I have forgotten about loving Seasons in the Sun. I hate that song almost as much as I hate My Heart Will Go On. Same weepy, whiny energy but the music is far worse than Celine Dion's singing (which is the only good thing about MHWGO).

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 30, 2022

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dixville posted:

Walking on sunshine

walking on the sun

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"we tried to delete "Walking on the Sun" from reality, but it took 75% of all 90s and early 2000s movies with it"
"good"

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Santeria by Sublime. I loving hate that band.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Has anyone said Simply the Best by Tina Turner yet?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
HERE I GO

AGAIN ON MY OWN

GOIN' DOWN THE ONLY ROAD I EVER KNOWN

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I asked my sister and she says she'd get rid of That's Not My Name by the Ting Tings, just cause it's annoying

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
WRAPPED UP LIKE A DOUCHE ANOTHER BUMMER IN THE NIGHT

the original version is fine, but the Springsteen version is his worse song and it's not even close

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Gunjou by YOASOBI

It's a weird song and I don't get it, that's enough for me to say it needs to go.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

precision posted:

Like, I don’t even get dude’s soft C pronunciation for that one line because he sings other soft C’s just fine throughout the song, but WRAPPED UP LIKE A DOUCHE.

Also, it’s “revved” but he clearly says WRAPPED. That song is the equivalent of a type 7 on the Bristol stool scale with some blood in it.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

precision posted:

the original version is fine, but the Springsteen version is his worse song and it's not even close

i just tried the Springsteen version for the first time and i kind of like how spastic it is

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Ralph Hurley posted:

Has anyone said Simply the Best by Tina Turner yet?

Ngl probably my favorite song but when I sing it to my bf I change it to shrimply the best because it’s dumb and makes me laugh.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Dabir posted:

I asked my sister and she says she'd get rid of That's Not My Name by the Ting Tings, just cause it's annoying

I kind of like that one, but I guess I can understand thinking it's annoying

They call me quiet girl
But I'm a riot
Mary-Jo-Lisa
Always the same
That's not my name
That's not my name
That's not my name
That's not my name

repeat ad infinitum

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
BABY SHARK DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO
BABY SHARK

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Slightly related, there’s way way too much G’n’R in the new Thor film. In addition to four (!) songs, there’s also a kid named Axel, more than one dialogue reference to them, a t shirt, a poster and an album cover. I submit no band in the history of music could support this level of fan service, let alone Guns And Roses, a literal pub band, only differentiated from a million others by about 5% more ability and looks.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
i hate music so loving much

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Torquemada posted:

Slightly related, there’s way way too much G’n’R in the new Thor film. In addition to four (!) songs, there’s also a kid named Axel, more than one dialogue reference to them, a t shirt, a poster and an album cover. I submit no band in the history of music could support this level of fan service, let alone Guns And Roses, a literal pub band, only differentiated from a million others by about 5% more ability and looks.

they were really big between 1988 and 1991. like really big, nirvana big or spice girls big or whatever your frame of reference is

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

The Voice of Labor posted:

they were really big between 1988 and 1991. like really big, nirvana big or spice girls big or whatever your frame of reference is

kinda interesting when hollywood gives dinosaur rock a boost. School of Rock was basically marketing to keep classic rock relevant/helped sell all those greatest hits albums from the early 2000's

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
please let some absolutely oblivious director use one in a million as the title music for their big dumb blockbuster

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Anything by Nickleback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Beefed Owl posted:

BABY SHARK

Baby Sharkecito is the most racist thing on YouTube next to Tokio Jokio.