Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

The Voice of Labor posted:

they were really big between 1988 and 1991. like really big, nirvana big or spice girls big or whatever your frame of reference is

I’m 51.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Ngl probably my favorite song but when I sing it to my bf I change it to shrimply the best because it’s dumb and makes me laugh.

Hah, I sing “simply the breast” and flash a titty out to mine

E: have you considered we open a topless bar called “Shrimply the Breast” with shrimp pasties and nice Sunday chicken dinners

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

teen witch posted:

E: have you considered we open a topless bar called “Shrimply the Breast” with shrimp pasties and nice Sunday chicken dinners

Please do this.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I worked in a restaurant for like 3-4 years and every night my manager played that loving jack johnson album, and jack johnson can go gently caress himself with some banana pancakes, holy loving poo poo

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

teen witch posted:

I would patronize your pun-based topless bar

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Shrimply the Breast is a topless surf n turf family establishment. I’m on-board.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Every day you could have a whole tuna cooked on a spit.

The Tuna Turner.

normal-ass vampire
Feb 14, 2011
Everything by AC/DC, which should be easy since they only have one song

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Right about now
gently caress this record
Take it out now

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

normal-rear end vampire posted:

Everything by AC/DC, which should be easy since they only have one song

I hate that style of singing so god damned much. For all I know the other members of AC/DC and Guns'n'Roses are fine musicians that make great rock and roll music but their loving vocalists ruin the whole thing.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

duran duran then I guess

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

MrQwerty posted:

I worked in a restaurant for like 3-4 years and every night my manager played that loving jack johnson album, and jack johnson can go gently caress himself with some banana pancakes, holy loving poo poo

this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up9yWDl0jBc

your manager was way cooler than you

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I hate that style of singing so god damned much. For all I know the other members of AC/DC and Guns'n'Roses are fine musicians that make great rock and roll music but their loving vocalists ruin the whole thing.

Nah, they really do just have one song and it's not a particularly good or interesting one

I don't hate Thunderstruck enough to want to remove it from existence, but it's up there

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

That one song by Lit.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
my mom has been a big AC/DC fan probably longer than I've been alive. She took me to a concert of theirs even. So obviously I kind of hate them now. also recently had the thought that it's kind of weird how that's like her fav band but she also was/maybe still is kind of an over the top feminist in weird ways* which seems like an odd thing to pair with such a machismo image band

Who made Who is still alright though

*i'm a feminist too and appreciate that she ingrained that concept into my brain as a youth but also one time she freaked out at someone saying "boob" or "tit" or something and was all YOU MUST ONLY EVER USE THE TERM BREAST and it's like uhhhhhhh what

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Your mom contains multitudes and it sounds like she down to gently caress.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Multitudes of dick :smug:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Your mom contains multitudes and it sounds like she down to gently caress.

go find her, she could prob use the company. i post in the estranged parents thread for a reason though :v:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Just popping my head back in to say that the correct answer is still Ballroom Blitz.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mister Speaker posted:

Just popping my head back in to say that the correct answer is still Ballroom Blitz.

it's been

ONE WEEK

(since i nominated "One Week")

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Mister Speaker posted:

If you’re going after Sweet, Wig Wam Bam is both terrible and sorta racist. Just don’t talk poo poo about Love is Like Oxygen and the worlds greatest mellotron solo.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Ballroom Blitz is stupid but I can't help but feel that it influenced Electric Six so I can't hate it as much as this thread wants.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It's funny hearing Brian johnson in his previous band Geordie. he can sing pretty well with a normal voice

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

The Voice of Labor posted:

this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up9yWDl0jBc

your manager was way cooler than you

I even said the name of the loving song, christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkyrIRyrRdY

No, my manager who sat around playing that song on loop 10 hours a day reading the Economist and doing gently caress-all else was not cooler than me

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Light Gun Man posted:

go find her, she could prob use the company. i post in the estranged parents thread for a reason though :v:

Aw bud I’m sorry 😞 :glomp:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Aw bud I’m sorry 😞 :glomp:

it's cool, i don't let her run my brain anymore.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I heard Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive" on my way home from the bodega, and it made me think of this thread.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Santeria by Sublime. I loving hate that band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drHHMimDR8A

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
This song
has taken its toll
on me
i've heard this song
one million times in stores

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

YeahTubaMike posted:

I heard Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive" on my way home from the bodega, and it made me think of this thread.

I will listen to Cake’s cover. And then Italian Leather Jacket.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I’d like to remove Cake the band from existence. Holy moly.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
The Black-Eyes Peas 'I Gotta Feeling'

Absolutely and with no regrets

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Szyznyk posted:

I will listen to Cake’s cover. And then Italian Leather Jacket.

Speaking of unnecessary covers of already not-that-great songs, Jenny Lewis's "Hot in Herre" is just soulcrushing.

edit: oh, Jenny NOT-Lewis, apparently :rolleyes:

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Aug 4, 2022

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

YeahTubaMike posted:

Speaking of unnecessary covers of already not-that-great songs, Jenny Lewis's "Hot in Herre" is just soulcrushing.

Lol her stuff seems very “looked around my apartment and wrote things down”

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

YeahTubaMike posted:

You mean this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwuIIsDjgZg

Seems like a pretty inoffensive novelty cover

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I’d like to remove Cake the band from existence. Holy moly.

look. "the distance" slaps. i know. i know the :airquote: singer :airquote: is a fuckin... starbucks lookin doofus motherfucker. and theyre attempts at being "Funky" are frankly stanky. howmever. i just, i can't help you. "the distance" is just an objectively good song. i suspect they stole it from a better band

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
jenny lewis is wonderful. don't badmouth her

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Phlegmish posted:

You mean this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwuIIsDjgZg

Seems like a pretty inoffensive novelty cover

i used to know jenny owen youngs, literally a million years ago, when her and i were both teenagers. she wrote a song about me. her recent stuff is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaAsa1k7dDM

i'm not kidding, she's a wonderful person and i will get super mad if anyone talks bad about her :mad:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'll admit, it wasn't until I looked it up that I remembered who Jenny Lewis was - she fronted Rilo Kiley, a band I used to listen to from time to time.

Anyway, as far as I can tell she never covered 'Hot in Herre'. Did someone get their Jennies confused?

e: I can see it, both indie darlings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Phlegmish posted:

I'll admit, it wasn't until I looked it up that I remembered who Jenny Lewis was - she fronted Rilo Kiley, a band I used to listen to from time to time.

Anyway, as far as I can tell she never covered 'Hot in Herre'. Did someone get their Jennies confused?

jenny lewis also owns, but she never wrote a song about me

that i know of :grin:

the version of "lazy line painter jane" with jenny lewis live is, godly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv4iMyPk0vA