Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
play that funky music white boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flora Finching
Sep 10, 2009

Ballroom Blitz. Throw it on the pile with all the dated pop Christmas songs.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

I'm deleting who let the dogs out. I never want to hear it again. I guess it's not so much a problem anymore but I could not avoid it in the 2000s.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

frisco wave. real answer is wannabe by the spice girls because its been stuck in my head since the day i first heard it.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Skratte posted:

I'm deleting who let the dogs out. I never want to hear it again. I guess it's not so much a problem anymore but I could not avoid it in the 2000s.

there's no point in deleting this song. someone would accidentally let their dogs out again and the song would be rewritten from scratch. it's timeless.

normal-ass vampire
Feb 14, 2011

Hollismason posted:

Weird Al Yankovic is just okay
I'm upset by grown rear end people whose only willing exposure to pop music is him

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Bad Purchase posted:

there's no point in deleting this song. someone would accidentally let their dogs out again and the song would be rewritten from scratch. it's timeless.

Holy poo poo you're right. A lot of these hit singles would just get rewritten anew driven by cultural vacuum, and probably in even more annoying fidelity.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (The Angry American) by Toby Keith.

But something else would just replace it.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=astISOttCQ0

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

limp_cheese posted:

That "I'm proud to be an American" song. I thought that song was dead and gone but I learned the hard way it isn't in my personal life and it was a popular song during Trump rallies and speeches.

Songs really funny

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

You can't even mention a roly-poly little bat-faced girl in a song nowadays without some people taking it so personally. :shrug:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

All of classic rock, because it's all just one big song about rape anyway

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Skratte posted:

i think mitt romney already removed this actually i don't think i've heard it since

Evil Con Carne
Nov 30, 2004
Joo go back to burger king where you came from

Whatever the The B-52's most popular song is.

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo

Colonel Cancer posted:

Happy birthday

Hard choice between this and Jingle Bells.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
The Star Spangled Banner

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.
It was impossible to think of anything worse than God Bless the USA once that got put out there, but I’ll go with Coconut because Jesus that song is stupid.

And most of Harry Nilsson’s stuff is pretty ok by me.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

YeahTubaMike posted:

Hahahahahahaha this is amazing :haw:

there's a whole album of em. should be several. and hip hop ones too, drat it.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. Everything about it sucks poo poo, and I wish the singer had gone down with the ship.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mega64 posted:

The National Anthem of the United States. America must be destroyed.

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021
How has no one said "Hotel California" yet ??

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SAY YOHO posted:

How has no one said "Hotel California" yet ??

eh, the solo is good

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

don’t stop believing

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Can you imagine how different the world would be without the song "All Star" by Smash Mouth?

In another time, another timeline, just that happened. The effects were profound, perhaps terrifying, but it happened.

To prevent that from happening again, we had to make sure "All Star" never vanished, we had to shove it into as many pieces of media from 1999-2006 as we could. The fact that you're still here is evidence that we succeeded...

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

ohnobugs posted:

Sweet Caroline

This.

Also Mad World.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Imagine by John Lennon.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Butterfly by Crazy Town. Absolute dog poo poo of a song.

And maybe one of the popular gospel anthems. Amazing Grace or Old Rugged Cross, take your pick.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

JediTalentAgent posted:

Imagine by John Lennon.

Ooooo, good choice.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsZXDcY3xK8

its this or mambo no.5

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Flora Finching posted:

Ballroom Blitz

came here to say this, embarrassed for the world it took more than two pages for someone else to get there first.

it's just, the worst song.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
We didn't start the fire.
Just boomers expulsing any form of responsibility for what they were/are still currently doing.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Earwicker posted:

Jack & Diane

i dont know why it just irritates me
Even John Mellencamp hates it. Radio stations play it constantly and it's the only song of his we ever hear.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Children by Robert Miles. One of the local radio stations I swear plays this song at least 5 times a day since it came out. I never want to hear it again.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
New addition to “nuke a song from existence”: you may also now elect a song to be a national anthem

- for your country of origin (have more than one? Congrats you have both but don’t go overboard)
- you can’t nominate it for other countries, eliminating my Van Halen’s Panama for Panama suggestion
- no regional anthems: Neil Diamond is banned within the commonwealth of Massachusetts and I will extend that to southern NH and RI if need be

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
With that I’d like to nominate Tootsee Roll by The 69 Boyz as the new National Anthem for the US. The star spangled banner doesn’t have a dance and frankly, is a lesser song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs7f3ssuEjA

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

I would personally recommend In A Big Country by Big Country as the new US national anthem. Song fuckin slaps.

Charles Ingalls
Jan 31, 2021

ThingOne posted:

The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. Everything about it sucks poo poo, and I wish the singer had gone down with the ship.

congrats on having a wrong and stupid opinion

yugioh mishima
Oct 22, 2020

that 'once i was seven years old' song. you know the one. just horribly overwrought, mawkishly sentimental, vocalist who has all the feel, sensitivity and subtlety of a brick to the head, literally no redeeming qualities. just fire it directly into the sun. if it's a personal choice, though, i'm going for 'shut up and dance' which a) is extremely irritating to me on a melodic/textural level and b) without fail instantly reminds me of a lovely workplace where it was in constant rotation

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed

Buttchocks posted:

The Star Spangled Banner

the writer is a one hit wonder
way overplayed
everyone does a cover
just real bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
That wretched midi file that plays when you log into the forums.